donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I was in a Tesla Center on Dec. 26 and asked if they had an ETA. I was told he was unable to tell but could tell me the delivery center. Which was not my local service center. The delivery center is about an hour and a half away. Not sure why this happened.
Sponsored

Reactions: REM

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
Seemsā€¦strange that all of a sudden delivery center or showroom employees would have access to that sort of data. Thatā€™s not been the case with any prior Tesla vehicle, so why now, especially since thereā€™s way more uncertainty in CT production versus, say, a Fremont model S?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I can't answer the first.

As to the second, the VIN is the reference that the sales advisors could use to get information about a specific vehicle. These messages are suspicious to me because these people are claiming the exact dates their cars would be built/delivered and yet none has received or even asked about their VIN.
agree on the second part

would only be plausible if they arenā€™t looking up a VIN, but instead looking up the customer order and could see when that customers vehicle is currently predicted to built / delivered, based on current production expectations and where the customerā€™s order is ā€˜in lineā€™ - that wouldnā€™t require a VIN (instead a VIN would be issued nearer the production date when there was more direct line of site to production and the VIN had been registered with NHSTA)

and I separately find it plausible that store reps might not have any such info months+ out - which if true would put these two posts to bed as trolls

but Iā€™m left still separately dubious/confused about the suggestion elsewhere that the delivery point location wonā€™t ever have access to a delivery estimate date, in order that they track and coordinate the actual receipt of delivery of the truck - even if they wouldnā€™t get that info until a week or two out

OP
OP

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
I went to another Tesla store today (they have a CT so I decided to go see it and ask a rep again) and had a great convo with a sales rep, and he just asked me for my phone number, confirmed my email address. And he was clearly looking around at a whole dashboard with a lot of data.

I was standing next to him and I could see a CT avatar and a lot of info and color indicators. He checked my order like "yeah lets take a look". I think if they NEVER could see any info like what I asked about, he wouldn't have bothered and just said they can't see anything. Let alone at two different Tesla stores with two different reps. They both nicely helped me and offered to check.

And just to clarify, they offered to help only after I confirmed that I actually placed an order for a Foundation (I think both initially said they cant see pre-order reservations and were not going to bother). But once I said it was an actual order they said "let's take a look".

Last edited:

NoGasTx

First Name
Mashanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck waitlist
Country flag
Hey all,

Debated posting this as it will cause Tesla centers and sales reps to be flooded by other desperately waiting Foundation customers šŸ˜†

But apparently Tesla Sales reps can ā€œtrackā€ your order and see if you have an estimated production date for your Foundation order and/or estimated delivery date if available.

Hereā€™s a screenshot of couple people who were able to do so. I went in to my local Tesla and asked a rep. I did not have any dates posted. But it was cool to know they can actually bring up your order and see. Perhaps because I waited 4 days after the first invite email. So guesstimating I probably wont have a delivery until February/March? (Ordered AWD on Dec 12th).

Sorry Tesla sales reps in advance. We will all be desperately bothering you now. šŸ¤£

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 4.44.26ā€ÆPM.png
March 8th is deliveryā€¦ā€¦what was your RN date? Mine was 12/28/2019
RN 11311ā€¦..Iā€™m lost lol. What number is the cutoff for foundation?

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
I was in a Tesla Center on Dec. 26 and asked if they had an ETA. I was told he was unable to tell but could tell me the delivery center. Which was not my local service center. The delivery center is about an hour and a half away. Not sure why this happened.

You can find your delivery center in the app in step 1. View your address and the delivery center address. If eligible, they can do a home delivery.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
two questions?

so both of the commenters in the OP are just trolls?

second, at some point in time, doesnā€™t the delivery point need to have advance info about an incoming truck, and coordinate the client that will be there to collect it?

so, I can buy that they donā€™t have the info about production date a month or more in advance, or the delivery date a month or more in advance

but at some point they have to know who is taking delivery and when that delivery will occur, no?
From my understanding; the heads up is merely days right now.

It is not until the truck is on a carrier en route to the center that the center sees it on their inbound report.

Thatā€™s probably going to change in the next weeks / month as things become more predictable. But itā€™s seemingly very bumpy at this second and not something that they can lay out for week.

Idk what either of those guys hear; but my res nor a couple fellow order holders (2 from the dec 8th wave) have an eta

So, likely nonsense.

Center employees largely know nothing. The guy at Mesa told me the foundation series truck isnā€™t a production truck yesterday. Exhibit a.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Seemsā€¦strange that all of a sudden delivery center or showroom employees would have access to that sort of data. Thatā€™s not been the case with any prior Tesla vehicle, so why now, especially since thereā€™s way more uncertainty in CT production versus, say, a Fremont model S?
They were able to see that kind of data on my model Y. I think it just has to be actually about to start before they can see data on it. Their data was what led me to get a demo unit because my car wouldve came after the start of the next quarter.

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can find your delivery center in the app in step 1. View your address and the delivery center address. If eligible, they can do a home delivery.
Thanks. Still don't know why it chooses a different delivery center.

Last edited:

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Thanks. Still do t know why it choose a different delivery center.
Only some delivery centers have upgraded equipment like a lift to support the Cybertruck or training to work on it. Not all 100% Cybertrucks comes from Austin factory goes straight to the customers' hands. There will be additional work once the truck arrives at a delivery center on some or many trucks that arrive.

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only some delivery centers have upgraded equipment like a lift to support the Cybertruck or training to work on it. Not all 100% Cybertrucks comes from Austin factory goes straight to the customers' hands. There will be additional work once the truck arrives at a delivery center on some or many trucks that arrive.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Codyco

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I could swear I saw my delivery center called out somewhere. I remember wondering why it was at the center west of Houston when they just opened one up two minutes from my house south of Houston. Can't seem to find that anywhere now.

Reactions: REM

Phones And Drones

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S Refresh, Cybertruck
Country flag
To add in my 2 cents here....I was in a location that had a non FS CT on display and talked to an actually knowledgeable rep as well and he offered to look up my details on his iPad he showed me everything on it production date, delivery date, VIN, all the good stuff. Showed the CT avatar on top left of the screen and all. Funny though, it didnt even show the slated Jan-March timeframe. So they def have all this data...all dependent on if they know or want to help.

Same when I called last night checking in again. Same story. Recommended checking in periodically as they have no info other then whats on the computer. 2-3 weeks from VIN seems to be the old norm but might not mean much for the CT yet. I would assume that if we dont start seeing people reporting VINs in the first week on Jann, its possible no one is getting them until beginning of Feb earliest. Who know lol

Codyco

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I could swear I saw my delivery center called out somewhere. I remember wondering why it was at the center west of Houston when they just opened one up two minutes from my house south of Houston. Can't seem to find that anywhere now.
Now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in the home powershare survey. Anyone else remember that or am I crazy?