If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

cyberda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cyber (Ordered)
Country flag
I'm not sure what truck you are discussing for $130K Canadian. At first I thought it was the GMC Hummer but then I realized the Hummer costs a lot more than that! :ROFLMAO:
$89,000 USD = $114,000 CDN + say $2,000 for freight, plus 13% HST is $131,000. And that is without any add-on packages. I would hazard a guess it will get up to $150,000 CDN Fully loaded.

Not a chance I'm in at those prices....
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
$89,000 USD = $114,000 CDN + say $2,000 for freight, plus 13% HST is $131,000. And that is without any add-on packages. I would hazard a guess it will get up to $150,000 CDN Fully loaded.

Not a chance I'm in at those prices....
Oh, so sorry, I had no idea Canadian money had lost so much value.

Sad. 😞

Of course I haven't seen Tesla announce any offerings at $89K. So far, the most expensive model that's been announced is at $69K USD. In my mind that makes it a much better deal than any trim level of the Lightning.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Loaded up with what? Can you show your work (options included, CAD/USD exchange rate, etc.)? It's kind of meaningless without specifying what you are quoting the price on.

Most of the upgrades on the Platinum version are not even available unless you buy the Platinum upgrade. I have an XLT ICE F-150 and it's a very basic truck with just the stuff you would expect and nothing luxurious or special. Many would not be happy with how basic the XLT is.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
You need to go apples to apples. The CT2 is closer to the XLT lightning than the CT3 in range and performance. The quad will be way better (assuming it has close to 500 miles of range) Tesla will beat every Ford price point.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
This question is mainly for $69,990 Tri Motor reservation holders.

Hypothetical question here. Some industry experts are estimating that the base Quad Motor Cybertruck may start at $89,900 + $1200 destination fee ($91,100 total).

First off there are no $69,990 Tri Motor Reservations. There are preorders that don't have any guaranteed price. No one has a preorder for a Quad Motor, just Musk mentioning the model. Only time will tell what models are actually produced and in what order they are released. If a Quad Motor is sold first then I would image it is opened up to all preorders as there number comes up. Given the predictable delays with 4680 batteries effectively being massed produced, it's not clear a Quad Motor will be produced first. The only way I see that happening is if its range is less than the Tri Motor specs.
Personally I would expect the TriMotor to be about $90K when released or very shortly afterwards.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This question is mainly for $69,990 Tri Motor reservation holders.

Hypothetical question here. Some industry experts are estimating that the base Quad Motor Cybertruck may start at $89,900 + $1200 destination fee ($91,100 total).

First off there are no $69,990 Tri Motor Reservations. There are preorders that don't have any guaranteed price. No one has a preorder for a Quad Motor, just Musk mentioning the model. Only time will tell what models are actually produced and in what order they are released. If a Quad Motor is sold first then I would image it is opened up to all preorders as there number comes up. Given the predictable delays with 4680 batteries effectively being massed produced, it's not clear a Quad Motor will be produced first. The only way I see that happening is if its range is less than the Tri Motor specs.
Personally I would expect the TriMotor to be about $90K when released or very shortly afterwards.
When most of us ordered, there were prices listed on the website. So yes, we do have orders under the assumption of price. Changing the price will hurt Tesla's PR and probably their stock price.

We were asked to select a model, too. Now there's no such thing, but for the first two years, all reservations were asked which model they'd prefer. So yes, there are people with orders for the tri-motor.

Industry experts can go stuff themselves. As an average, they've been wrong about Tesla's margin and continuing demand. Even the Rivian isn't that expensive (after the price increase) at $85k for the long range quad motor. Why would I trust someone who's been continually wrong, to predict the future?

And currently, there are no known delays with the 4680. Yes, there may be some, and that's expected, but the last thing Elon said on the subject - in the last two earnings calls - is that the company is not currently cell-constrained.

-Crissa

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So I'm reading CT will be $89,000. Now it's the Tri Motor !

How convenient for Rivian to be $5000 cheaper !

And by extension, Tesla's buying and manufacturing superiority can't beat the Rivian price.

Is there some idiot spreading crap on here and across the internet ? Really ?

$89.000 is FUD

Can I prove it? No... But It is so repetitive that it's become pseudo valid.

It's like Gordon Johnson can say whatever crap he wants till it's disproved.

Someone is trying to demote the Tesla CT on this "cybertruckownersclub" forum.. let's not get sucked into it.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
So I'm reading CT will be $89,000. Now it's the Tri Motor !

How convenient for Rivian to be $5000 cheaper !

And by extension, Tesla's buying and manufacturing superiority can't beat the Rivian price.

Is there some idiot spreading crap on here and across the internet ? Really ?

$89.000 is FUD

Can I prove it? No... But It is so repetitive that it's become pseudo valid.

It's like Gordon Johnson can say whatever crap he wants till it's disproved.

Someone is trying to demote the Tesla CT on this "cybertruckownersclub" forum.. let's not get sucked into it.
The OP said the Quad, which may or may not be in addition to the Tri. I think it is fair to say that the tri (CT3) if is like the reveal is going to be between $70-75K. If the CT3 is replaced by a Standard Quad and has 500 miles range and 4ws, I think it could be $80-85K If there is Quad Plaid on top of the CT3 or Standard Quad with a significant jump in performance I think they should charge ~ $130k similar to the X/S Plaid. Why not?

I don't think conjecture is anything to get upset over. Tesla is going after the ICE truck market with volume production. We know that based on aggressive pricing at reveal. This has not changed. In order to do that they will need price parity plus reduced operational cost. Tesla will price it right and adjust the price to meet that goal.

For us with stock, would you rather save $10k on your truck or see $2000. Let Tesla figure it out.

We just need to be patient.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
What is "affordable?" Also, are you affiliated with the Hale Marine here in Phoenix?

I talk to people who think an economy car is under $5k, and those who think a Y is inexpensive, while I think that's too expensive. My last pickup cost $57k, totally loaded, but I felt that was borderline expensive. The CT will certainly push that, but I know how to do the math on the gas savings.

LDopa

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C7 Corvette
Country flag
When most of us ordered, there were prices listed on the website. So yes, we do have orders under the assumption of price. Changing the price will hurt Tesla's PR and probably their stock price.

We were asked to select a model, too. Now there's no such thing, but for the first two years, all reservations were asked which model they'd prefer. So yes, there are people with orders for the tri-motor.

Industry experts can go stuff themselves. As an average, they've been wrong about Tesla's margin and continuing demand. Even the Rivian isn't that expensive (after the price increase) at $85k for the long range quad motor. Why would I trust someone who's been continually wrong, to predict the future?

And currently, there are no known delays with the 4680. Yes, there may be some, and that's expected, but the last thing Elon said on the subject - in the last two earnings calls - is that the company is not currently cell-constrained.

-Crissa
Yes, when most ordered there were prices listed on the website. You, unfortunately, made an assumption (you know what they say about assumptions) that the price wouldn't change. In the Cybertruck pre-order agreement, it clearly says, "any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change."

While I would love for them to honor the original prices, a lot of things have happened between now and then that will absolutely affect the final price. They'll probably be able to absorb some of that, but expecting them to absorb all of that because it might "hurt Tesla's PR" is unrealistic.
Sponsored