g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
The box: I’d bet that’s where there’s drive computing going on, simple access there behind “the box”

cup holders are in the center back rest where the 6th seat is. It flips down. This is how it was in the seat design patent anyway.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not only will the centre console have cup holders, but also a spot for the coffee machine. And even space for a milk frother for the upmarket folks.

The barista I, Roberto, will be in the frunk.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
And now we know why they had that large bucket storage area on the dash before when we saw it in overhead shots on the track in Cali months ago... It was the dash minus the top trim piece that covers the driver's dash screen and electronics which weren't installed yet. Not for big rolls of architects plans.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
cup holders are in the center back rest where the 6th seat is. It flips down. This is how it was in the seat design patent anyway.
Are you saying they moved the cupholders into the center console department? Because these photos definitely show there is a change. But it doesn't mean it's final.
Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 Screenshot_20220607-071552

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 Screenshot_20220607-071633

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Are you saying they moved the cupholders into the center console department? Because these photos definitely show there is a change. But it doesn't mean it's final.
Screenshot_20220607-071552.png

Screenshot_20220607-071633.png
First of all.. the first image Is a rendering. Renderings are just that, not finalized designs. You can see many design alterations from the first to second image. Because a rendering is just to get the gist of a design prior to full designing.

But if you look closely, the real one has the same space and if you compare the two, it looks like what we see in the real one Is a cover that slides over the cup holders when not in use.

Who wants to bet that slanted space at the front of the arm rest is a qi charger for your phones?!

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
So if you look closely at the box in the center, there is a control and display unit on the top of it. It looks to be part of that big box, but can't tell for sure. But it does have two big red buttons that look like eject or nitrous buttons over it! I bet these red buttons are a temporary panel mounted over the display/buttons below it and are for enabling and disabling 4 wheel steering or something like that which hasn't reached final stage of design to have been included in a control panel or in the software.

But the other buttons look to be a near complete control panel that would end up in the final design as it looks like its a hazards button and a few other buttons? Maybe the other ones are related to towing features or ride height features?

You see the temporary panel with big industrial buttons when the yoke is tilted down further.

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 FUn6LIsWYAAx3m5

and you see the more polished control buttons below it which appear to be part of the box or right above the box when the yoke is slightly more parallel.

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 FUn6MsZWIAEZQOE

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Looks like there are sliding tracks for the visors.
I also noticed this but couldn't put two and two together about what they were. I was assuming there were still some trim pieces missing, but you might be correct that the visors are height adjustable. That would be cool and probably very necessary with the abnormal height and placement of the windshield top edge.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Who wants to bet that slanted space at the front of the arm rest is a qi charger for your phones?!
Agreed.

But it does have two big red buttons that look like eject or nitrous buttons over it! I bet these red buttons are a temporary panel mounted over the display/buttons below it and are for enabling and disabling 4 wheel steering or something like that which hasn't reached final stage of design to have been included in a control panel or in the software.
Those are kill switches, a common sight in the industry when it comes to prototype vehicles.

How does anyone not feel entirely underwhelmed by these photos?
Yeah there's no contest really, the original one had a unique and cool look to it, this on the other hand is as bland as one can get.

Last edited:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
What is this box doing here??? No room for legs for a middle passenger???

DFAD134F-0644-4DA1-A261-FCBF39710D09.jpeg

4AB24478-1944-4181-9FE9-C68D7F28CB49.jpeg
On closer look.. it doesn't even look like a box. It looks like a 3 sided temporary panel just thrown in front of the area to hide loose wiring that hasn't been finalized into a panel. Kinda like a dungeon masters screen. ;)

probably related to all the temporary panels/buttons I mentioned previously. They want to show off the truck at these events, and are getting deeper into finalizing all the smaller design details necessary for user interface, but don't want it to look sloppy when they know people are going to be taking shots and sharing them up here!

And yeah I kinda agree with the blandness of the interior. It is a side effect of tesla's desire to have a "clean and minimal" interior, mixed with the extra large space of the truck.. leaves you with these huge expansive plastic surfaces with literally no design/trim elements in them. So they just look like large sheets of black plastic. I'm willing to overlook it at this stage given they are clearly working on elements of the design that are much more important and necessary to finalize before you refine the coverings to all that stuff.

What bothers me more is the seat looks cheap and damaged already. Plus the floor and door trim looks like its meant for a car interior.. not a truck interior. This stuff is going to see a lot more physical abuse than a model Y or any of their prior car designs. They are still designing this stuff as if its a luxury car, not a truck meant for abuse.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Screenshot_20220607-071552.png

Screenshot_20220607-071633.png
It might very well be a sliding cover for the cup holders. After all, when the console becomes a seat back you don't want the passengers looking at disfunctional cup holders do you?
Sponsored