JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Capacitors, connectors and sealed components at 800-900v exposed to shakedown 50+ yrs exceeds my wildest experience. 1956 Hammond B3 just sounded better, raspier older its caps. But hotrodding with new caps took latest capacitor technology to new sonic heights for the olde girl. New technology at pace its innovating I expect to replace at very minimum caps maybe as soon as first sparkplugs change.

Inverter expect upgrades for the eager early adopters of latest and greatest.

Connectors are evil. Shit happens. Expect Tesla’s are great. Not surprised if I repace them in salty environs.

Sealed components bake in heat. Great lid technology abates failover but expect those sealed component black boxes to fail, falter and fluster.

Great compendium speaks for all my expectations to the letter! Thx
No worries.

I think I said 10-15 years for capacitors though, not 50. 🙂

As for the connectors, those Din connectors are pretty spiffy nowadays with seals, locking mechanisms and contact coatings. Theres also not many anymore on teslas, and I'm hoping CT will finally get the 1 wire power bus tech to reduce wiring and connectors even further.

And there might be some better inverter tech at some point, but we're quickly approaching the maximum efficiencies of these systems, so what upgrades actually need to physically change in the inverter still? Many drivetrain upgrades will probably just be OTA software updates.

-

Hammond organs were a bit before I started keyboard. My first was digital in the 80's with a Yamaha DX 7. Then Korg M1, grand etc. Nowadays its just all software simulated audio plug-ins on a DAW running on a PC... How things have changed, pretty awesome what can be done at home now. My wife and daughters sing and play, wife actually done some movie soundtracks etc, my oldest son is into beat boxing which is testing for me to say the least. He's actually good at it, and has his own studio setup in his room, (family has a commercial one too, mum used to do opera) but his constant practising to find sounds around the house is borderline sonic torture. He does live looping with singing as well. I still like running my valve amp on ESL monitors off a deck though to drown out everyone who seem to all carry their own tunes during the day. :p We have space at least which is good for our neighbours 4km away, seeing even our German Shepard's like singing with when we play... :cool:
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
For, his time frame is similar to how long cars last in my arid environment. Still need regular repairs after warranty expires even on a very reliable vehicle.

The crazy thing that he is missing is that the entire motor assembly on an EV is simpler to repair than a run of the mill 5 speed manual transmission. Not to mention rebuilding an engine.
So if they last that long how come your still alive? 40-70 years? 😋

It's not about how "simple" they are to repair, it's about you will not need to repair them in your lifetime. Read the numbers I posted and add them to your age. I'm assuming you are older than 20?

Of course when you have enough money to buy multiple luxury trucks you tend to not have experience working on them unless they do so as a hobby and tend to be clueless as to the needs of most of the population.
Lol ok, how would you know?

I repair everything myself on our farm. Dozers, John Deere Grader, telehandler, tractors, implements, trucks, cars, 1MW generators and solar farms, fodder factories, trailers, motorbikes, UTVs even mobile chicken coops. Let alone do my own automation, electronics, UAV's, UGV's, VPS, or CNC, plasma/laser CNC, Additive manufacturing, vacuum press moulding, CF infusion etc.

Having money doesn't exclude you from knowing how to run your business, in fact it means you know how to run your business.

Likewise, it typically gives you more insight on how businesses should be run. Success comes from knowing something useful and doing what you know. Not whining about what someone else does or doesn't do.

Btw, none of what I said except items 4-5 justify the existence of RtR, simply because people over 30 years of age are more likely to die before it breaks and needs repairing.

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
My first was digital in the 80's with a Yamaha DX 7. Then Korg M1, grand etc. Nowadays its just all software simulated audio plug-ins on a DAW
So cool…my girls could care less even though Mom’s a wedding singer. Neat that translated for yours. Small environs reinforced musicality in 60’s when Dad bought an organ for himself it was playtime that made it a hit.

Tried keyboard controller laptop-software emulation DAC to front of house as a travel-rig for my last Blues group. Great practice rig! Could not get it to scale in performance. Prefer single instrument…

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So cool…my girls could care less even though Mom’s a wedding singer. Neat that translated for yours.
Music has always been a big part of our family since I can remember. With all those musical "jeans" in the family I don't think they biologically had a choice... :ROFLMAO:

Live digital performance is its own art form now. I often get stuck behind the mixing desk, which I don't mind, at least I can turn the loud ones down!

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
So if they last that long how come your still alive? 40-70 years? 😋

It's not about how "simple" they are to repair, it's about you will not need to repair them in your lifetime. Read the numbers I posted and add them to your age. I'm assuming you are older than 20?

Btw, none of what I said except items 4-5 justify the existence of RtR, simply because people over 30 years of age are more likely to die before it breaks and needs repairing.
Edit to add: Most of the cars that I could afford when I was younger were around my age. Its also how I learned how to work on cars by it being a necessity. No right to repair and those cars may not have been on the road any more.

Much of the parts you said, not including #4 and 5 were still 10-15 years, I should still be alive and plan on still tinkering on things and having parts tools and information are important. Realistically seals, CV boots, wheel bearings start going after about 10 years depending on environment and use. And all of that doesn't even include accidents, rodents getting into things or something just not being built as good as it was claimed.

Heck my grandfather built an airplane from a kit at the age of 80 just to keep himself occupied and now flies it.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Edit to add: Most of the cars that I could afford when I was younger were around my age. Its also how I learned how to work on cars by it being a necessity. No right to repair and those cars may not have been on the road any more.

Much of the parts you said, not including #4 and 5 were still 10-15 years, I should still be alive and plan on still tinkering on things and having parts tools and information are important. Realistically seals, CV boots, wheel bearings start going after about 10 years depending on environment and use. And all of that doesn't even include accidents, rodents getting into things or something just not being built as good as it was claimed.

Heck my grandfather built an airplane from a kit at the age of 80 just to keep himself occupied and now flies it.
I don't have anything against RtR at all, I need it more than most everyday.

But I'd still prefer a vehicle that doesn't fail in the first place, at least for a long time.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Great response!
(It’s moot bTW)
Lol true! When I wrote it at 2am in bed, my vocabulary was already asleep... fixed now.:p

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
I don't have anything against RtR at all, I need it more than most everyday.

But I'd still prefer a vehicle that doesn't fail in the first place, at least for a long time.
From your previous responses I did get the impression that you were against it.

Morning Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2077 Tesla Cybertruck
What's the problem with your opinion?

Because this is a giant moved goalpost. This is why I don't generally engage with you. Because your argument is dishonest.

The manufacturer isn't us, it's not elected, or assigned to regulate by our elected officials.

-Crissa
I’d like to take this opportunity to remind you this forum has a block feature and it is lovely.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I’d like to take this opportunity to remind you this forum has a block feature and it is lovely.
It was a great tool in the beginning. If I Ignored someone, and someone replied to a post i was ignoring, it use to tell me "This post is replying to someone you are ignoring. Click here to see the ignored post". At some point that function disappeared and without knowing a reply was to something you are ignoring, things got confusing. I un-ignored everyone I was ignoring. I'm not sure if it has been fixed.

Morning Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2077 Tesla Cybertruck
Hmm, some kinks to work out still it seems. I hope it can still be generally effective in preventing users from seeing posts from certain people at least.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Hmm, some kinks to work out still it seems. I hope it can still be generally effective in preventing users from seeing posts from certain people at least.
The users I typically ignore haven't posted in a while, so it hasn't been big deal lately.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
From your previous responses I did get the impression that you were against it.
If you wanted to you could read my first post and would see that it is still the same position. 🙂

I'm used to being shoehorned into positions I don't belong and don't want to be. It's hard to be, as some people put it, "unique". :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
If you wanted to you could read my first post and would see that it is still the same position. 🙂

I'm used to being shoehorned into positions I don't belong and don't want to be. It's hard to be, as some people put it, "unique". :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
You are unique. Just like everyone else.
Sponsored