How will actual ordering / what does our “preorder” mean?

windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT trimotor, '21 MY LR AWD 7 seater, '21 M3 LR AWD
Country flag
I hope I have a few months to work out the details. I'm 3000 on the list, ordered within seconds and have a tesla currently but live in Kansas so may or may not be an early release area. I'm 10 hours from GigaTexas though so maybe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I hope I have a few months to work out the details. I'm 3000 on the list, ordered within seconds and have a tesla currently but live in Kansas so may or may not be an early release area. I'm 10 hours from GigaTexas though so maybe.
You're so fricking lucky. I really hope if someone high up on the list decides to not take their order, I can somehow get a hold. Money reasons or just don't want it... I slept on it for a few days like a doh doh.

windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My actual number is in the 5800 range but last time the reservation list worked, doesn't currently work for me, it said adjusted was in the 3k range.

I'm in real need of a 500 mile truck, I put 5k miles a month on my work vehicles.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With the Model Y they started shipping to customers when they were only shipping a couple hundred a week. So you’d have a bit of a heads up even if they didn’t fill us in until the last second.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's super-early. You'll know before the vast majority of us. That'll be in the first couple months of public release, easy.

-Crissa

windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One of the first in Kansas I'm sure. I am concerned that I'll miss out on features that will come after initial release. I get comfort in the fact that my 21 MYLR7 is not as good as today but it keeps getting better from the day I bought it. I know that it'll come with everything from the reveal and then some so I'm satisfied that it's going to be the last truck I'll ever own. I hope to show my fellow Kansans that Electric pickups are the future.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
One of the first in Kansas I'm sure. I am concerned that I'll miss out on features that will come after initial release. I get comfort in the fact that my 21 MYLR7 is not as good as today but it keeps getting better from the day I bought it. I know that it'll come with everything from the reveal and then some so I'm satisfied that it's going to be the last truck I'll ever own. I hope to show my fellow Kansans that Electric pickups are the future.
You can just sit on your order and let them push out trucks until you are happy with the feature set. I suggest you wait until at least 50,000 are shipped. I’ll let you know when…

windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is that where you're reservation is? Lol

windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm fine with being a guinnea pig, as long as the truck is what EM promised

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Well it’s around 65,000… but when you eliminate 20-25% or so for international orders… right about 50,000 coincidentally.
Order drop off guess..

30% international
25% lost interest
20% can’t really afford it

Cut it in half for realistic conservative “everyone’s getting it”….
40% will fall off.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm fine with being a guinnea pig, as long as the truck is what EM promised
If you didn’t figure it out, I was joking. Good on you for pulling the trigger on it quickly. It took me a few minutes to cook the idea in my brain and run it by my wife.

Order drop off guess..
I am highly confident international orders won’t ship for 2+ years and are not a concern for me.

I’m sure some will drop off. Some will be like the guys on here who got excited and ordered 3+ trucks but can’t figure out financing. Some people may have lost their accounts or just unemployed/ run of bad luck. But how many??? Who knows.

I rely on the known and the unknown is luck. Right now I figure I have somewhere around 6 months past launch. 3 months if I’m **super** lucky, 12 months if it’s a slow launch.

Don’t worry beyond that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You can just sit on your order and let them push out trucks until you are happy with the feature set. I suggest you wait until at least 50,000 are shipped. I’ll let you know when…
They've changed that. You have only a window to complete your order. They changed it last winter.

But! If you have an early Cybertruck, it'll have great resell value, so you can just trade it in.

-Crissa

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
They've changed that. You have only a window to complete your order. They changed it last winter.

But! If you have an early Cybertruck, it'll have great resell value, so you can just trade it in.

-Crissa
Resale is so relative

The climate this thing is launching in is gonna be funky. Honestly, kinda shot themselves in the foot. Or, got shot in the foot. I’m just in a bummer mood.

Larry Hilgert

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Occupation
Psychologist
Country flag
So, the “real configurations” will not actually occur until production starts? … or, perhaps sooner?
Sponsored