g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Those pyramidal shaped things? They are large but don't look heavy. I suspect that the folding machine will be on the first floor as nothing that heavy could be supported on the second floor.
Can’t imagine battery equipment to be light but I see what you’re saying.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
here's a video of an instalaltion process of such a press SACMI PH 3020. Frankly the press looks kinda small for some of the cybertruck panels (like the quarter panel)
Saw that video and the BOL mentions that model number, but that doesn’t look like it weighs 320k lbs or whatever

Will dig more today

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Saw that video and the BOL mentions that model number, but that doesn’t look like it weighs 320k lbs or whatever

Will dig more today
The weight doesn't have to be just one component, does it? It could be multiple or maybe the one model plus support equipment. Maybe

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
here's a video of an instalaltion process of such a press SACMI PH 3020. Frankly the press looks kinda small for some of the cybertruck panels (like the quarter panel)
I think that must be just one piece of the machine, but they have an isolation pit for it and a lot of support. Clearly not something that you could place on a second floor. This device will likely go in the stamping plant extension when the new isolation pits are completed.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Can’t imagine battery equipment to be light but I see what you’re saying.
I thought you were talking about the exoskeleton forming machine, which is probably a computerized fancy brake. That would not be battery equipment. Any battery-related equipment would be loaded on the north-end platforms or on the first level of the north end where the cell factory is. They haven't had any large equipment delivered there lately to my knowledge.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I thought you were talking about the exoskeleton forming machine, which is probably a computerized fancy brake. That would not be battery equipment. Any battery-related equipment would be loaded on the north-end platforms or on the first level of the north end where the cell factory is. They haven't had any large equipment delivered there lately to my knowledge.
I was just comparing weight. That equipment is second/ third floor and very heavy.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I was just comparing weight. That equipment is second/ third floor and very heavy.
I think you would need an isolation pit for this kind of weight (~350,000 pounds) but I could be mistaken.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I think you would need an isolation pit for this kind of weight (~350,000 pounds) but I could be mistaken.
I don't know jack about construction, but I'd bet this doesn't weigh what battery gear weighs. Just got to work and will start plowing away at whatever I can find to connect dots.

Golden nugget to me would be a shipment to the people who are stamped on the body(s) that's rolling around Texas.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't know jack about construction, but I'd bet this doesn't weigh what battery gear weighs. Just got to work and will start plowing away at whatever I can find to connect dots.

Golden nugget to me would be a shipment to the people who are stamped on the body(s) that's rolling around Texas.
Their battery equipment doesn’t require a lot of compression force to operate. It is a sequence of small operations done to small objects in sequence. Even the packaging is just stacking cells into a big box and sealing the box up. Probably the most force used is in stamping or forming the battery module/ pack.

The individual cells are heavy but spread out.

These big folding machines (if thats what they are) require a massive amount of steel to apply huge pressing forces all at once. They are huge and very dense. Much more dense than anything required for battery equipment.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just can't wait for the day its announced that they are producing test vehicles .... all the 'vaporware' shorts will vanish like HydrogenFirst.
You really think hydrogenFirst would go away even after being proven wrong? I'm convinced he's actually getting paid by oil and gas to make posts. I wish it was a legal requirement in social media posts or comment threads that you have to disclose you're being paid, just like they do when people post videos or images on YouTube and Instagram.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The problem is that Schrödinger's equation is a one particle equation and is valid only in a non relativistic domain. This is of limited use in relativistic quantum mechanics, where particle number is not fixed. You can address this by labeling by particle number... a so called Fock space.
"F*ck Space" - Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They have stacks of assembled battery packs stored on the upper floor.

That seems pretty heavy.

-Crissa
Finished products can be spread out though. A press is one giant piece of equipment which needs to be in one place and is in constant motion. There is a reason the GP and much of the stamping equipment is on the ground floor with super thick foundations.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Finished products can be spread out though. A press is one giant piece of equipment which needs to be in one place and is in constant motion. There is a reason the GP and much of the stamping equipment is on the ground floor with super thick foundations.
A brake press isn't as heavy as a stamping machine.

And they didn't look spread out.

-Crissa
Sponsored