Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm wondering if it's just inside the bed. I belieeeeeve.

Biggest reason is it won't have to meet the body crease peak so perfectly. Easier manufacturing? Wind would probably be beating through the outer body concept.
Sail pillar storage inside the bed is damned near pointless. Not 100% pointless… but maybe 80% pointless. I suppose I could keep some tie down straps in there so long as I remember to get them out before loading the vault.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I know we haven't seen the wheel covers in recent renditions but I hope they are still offered. I think it gives the truck a better look. Just my 2c.
I'm curious if this is legit the only truck in CA now. Appears this is the actual OG truck. I think they keep OG units in the design studio, which is only 25 mi from this art school.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
And that blocks the tailgate. So you would have to unhitch to open the tail gate?
Only if you go up with it... We are talking about Tesla so as long as the physics don't break, anything is possible.

It could hinge down.... But then it will be sticking lower than the rear bumper and get ripped off!!

Ok then, it could go to the side. Left OR right.

Let's be creative here. I didn't say that the exact hinge I showed would be the exact answer. I just said there were alternatives.

And now for a moment of light hearted giggles. @greggertruck Hope this keeps you grunting.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Sail pillar storage inside the bed is damned near pointless. Not 100% pointless… but maybe 80% pointless. I suppose I could keep some tie down straps in there so long as I remember to get them out before loading the vault.
I'm missing your use case then, sorry. I only keep straps in my "side pillars" in my Taco bed.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
It opens to the outside

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Having a High Hitch has it's own problems. A fold down license plat also is generally not legal. You have to have it visible.
They are obscured anyway by trailer. Who pulls over RV’s for lic plate violations? Not in all my years. I’ll live with license plate rubber chicken-hung off the tailgate, like a used car dealer plate.

What case causes problems with the receiver located behind license plate? Never posed an insurmountable problem that a drop ball plug didn’t resolve.

This is a truck capable of pulling a range of weight. Tesla may offer self-leveling which simplifies that variable for Cybertruck owners. The object of locating the receiver behind or in the license plate increases departure angle reducing drag and plowing through depressions. Depressions like backing a trailer up an inclined driveway apron.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
This is the deluxe version.

Something between the two would be golden.
I didn't mean it's stupid, I just don't have the same use case myself. Unintentional selfishness.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I didn't mean it's stupid, I just don't have the same use case myself. Unintentional selfishness.
Aren’t we all?

I do a lot of things where I want something in the bed and I have gear as well. Being able to access both and/ or maybe use the side vault as semi-permanent storage for some of my very frequently used gear is high on my list of wants.

Tall sides plus inside the vault storage just means I have to get into the bed to access it much of the time.

We all have our wish lists.