g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I got all excited and started to look into if I had the ability to make it to the exibit. Then realized it’s there (almost) a full year and calmed down.

Here’s a thought I’ll throw out there…

Who would be up for a CT Owners club meetup at the Peterson Museum some weekend?

For the record, I’m not 100% sure I want to do that.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Just realizing the dates and chalking that up to - Tesla is done taking the OG truck around. The event unveiling production model is imminent. A whole YEAR sitting in the museum? Yea. Here we go.. Good eye @Bill906

Dodge pushing their unveil to January kinda tells me they wanna space it out from Tesla update too so they actually get some air time. We're all gonna be sick of Cybertruck for a few weeks upon update event. :>

nov 19th 630 vip event at Peterson w food and such. Picture for event is Cybertruck. 🤘🏼

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Who would be up for a CT Owners club meetup at the Peterson Museum some weekend?

We will be passing through LA on a long weekend for Thanksgiving. I think I just figured out a way to fill some of the time on that long weekend! :cool:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
https://www.petersen.org/tesla

These pictures are today, the truck is under a wrap behind a fence. But, the truck is on site.

The truck was originally on display in summer 2020.

1667085262219.jpeg

1667085287292.png
As soon as I saw the announcement I bought tickets (for the 20th). Finally a way to see the Cybertruck that doesn’t require ‘Illuminati’ status. Hopefully general admission will be ok. Any advice about going to the Petersen?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I got all excited and started to look into if I had the ability to make it to the exibit. Then realized it’s there (almost) a full year and calmed down.

Here’s a thought I’ll throw out there…

I’d be game, but not for a while. Maybe Feb around Presidents’ Day. It’s a long ass drive from here.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I recall watching Gotham Garage and they did a custom build and the “policy” at the Peterson was that they display the car they keep the car. As sort of a charity thing somehow. This is clearly the original CT prototype. I wonder if the deal was that they would display it but at some point it would have to go back to the museum for keeps. And this is its final return. That is definitely not an updated version.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I recall watching Gotham Garage and they did a custom build and the “policy” at the Peterson was that they display the car they keep the car. As sort of a charity thing somehow. This is clearly the original CT prototype. I wonder if the deal was that they would display it but at some point it would have to go back to the museum for keeps. And this is its final return. That is definitely not an updated version.
That's interesting and super neat! I highly doubt they'd give up any OG prototype but maybe they in fact do. Wondered where they kept that Model X and OG Roadster they had at Cyber Rodeo. Maybe it in fact belongs to Peterson, but Tesla gets to "borrow" when needed.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
That's interesting and super neat! I highly doubt they'd give up any OG prototype but maybe they in fact do. Wondered where they kept that Model X and OG Roadster they had at Cyber Rodeo. Maybe it in fact belongs to Peterson, but Tesla gets to "borrow" when needed.
I don't have time to rewatch the Gotham Garage episode but I know they dontated the custom car they spent a ton of money to build and I believe the deal was that the Petersen wanted the car but that it had to be dontated. I really think that was probably the deal with the CT. Why else would the original prototype shown at the museum be back. You would think that if they were doing another exhibit that they would show a new version but that one in the images is clearly the original prototype- no wiper, original wheels and tires, side mirrors.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't have time to rewatch the Gotham Garage episode but I know they dontated the custom car they spent a ton of money to build and I believe the deal was that the Petersen wanted the car but that it had to be dontated. I really think that was probably the deal with the CT. Why else would the original prototype shown at the museum be back. You would think that if they were doing another exhibit that they would show a new version but that one in the images is clearly the original prototype- no wiper, original wheels and tires, side mirrors.
I saw the episode in question and I’m not entirely sure the rules would be the same for big manufacturers versus small custom shops.

Regardless, Tesla donating the OG Cybertruck to the museum works out well for everyone, particularly if they can “Borrow” it when they want it for their own exhibits.

If the Cybertruck ends up being as big as I think it will, the OG will be worth a pile of money in 30 years. Even if it’s not, worse case is it’s the modern equivalent of the Tucker Torpedo which would be equally interesting to preserve. It is the perfect museum piece and the only better place for it might perhaps be if Tesla wanted to open their own museum somewhere.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I was about to plan to go in dec but realized it's the original prototype. Wanted to get a feel for the size of the newer smaller truck. 😢 Will wait for more leak tidbits.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Will wait for more leak tidbits.
NVM leaks, I'll take those too, but the final specs should probably be out pretty soon I think.

I've beat this to death, but this doesn't make me shut up for sure.
Sponsored