Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I was about to plan to go in dec but realized it's the original prototype. Wanted to get a feel for the size of the newer smaller truck. 😢 Will wait for more leak tidbits.
I seriously doubt you would notice the difference in size. The rumors that it’s been hit by a shrink ray are largely exaggerated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I seriously doubt you would notice the difference in size. The rumors that it’s been hit by a shrink ray are largely exaggerated.
I think it's truly a difference in suspension that is skewing people perceptions of size difference. If I had to bet, the difference in size is mostly the back seat area. That's why the roof goes further over the bed now, it didn't compromise the overall build, kept the bed length, just made the back area "5% smaller".

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think it's truly a difference in suspension that is skewing people perceptions of size difference. If I had to bet, the difference in size is mostly the back seat area. That's why the roof goes further over the bed now, it didn't compromise the overall build, kept the bed length, just made the back area "5% smaller".
The same suspension which raises or lowers 8“ so you go from 8” clearance to 16” clearance… to possibly even lower while parked.

I actually don’t think that’s the whole story though. Ever since the new prototype has come out people have been saying they think the bed is smaller and used all sorts of mental gymnastics to demonstrate it.

I think if we do end up doing a meet up at the Peterson, @John K is going to have to lay down in the truck bed to put these fears to rest. We’ll all chip in to buy him a pen for his efforts.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
i have been itching to do a couple day motorcycle ride... this might be a good excuse :ROFLMAO: Crissa wanna ride to the museum? wait do you have a non-ev bike?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
i have been itching to do a couple day motorcycle ride... this might be a good excuse :ROFLMAO: Crissa wanna ride to the museum? wait do you have a non-ev bike?
Spouse has a Ducati I borrow. Tho we've been talking about renting/buying an Energica.

Honestly, tho, I don't like highway riding, but I just bought a new helmet, so...

-Crissa

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Spouse has a Ducati I borrow. Tho we've been talking about renting/buying an Energica.

Honestly, tho, I don't like highway riding, but I just bought a new helmet, so...

-Crissa
well I would go down the 1 the whole way

bob/lego/gamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota matrix
Country flag

Is this new I haven't see this part exposed before. Can anyone confirm that this is new?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The same suspension which raises or lowers 8“ so you go from 8” clearance to 16” clearance… to possibly even lower while parked.

I actually don’t think that’s the whole story though. Ever since the new prototype has come out people have been saying they think the bed is smaller and used all sorts of mental gymnastics to demonstrate it.

I think if we do end up doing a meet up at the Peterson, @John K is going to have to lay down in the truck bed to put these fears to rest. We’ll all chip in to buy him a pen for his efforts.
I looked up the museum FAQs and no one is allowed within 2’ of any vehicle. Also no tripods, monopods, or even backpacks.

I am not sure where you heard that the truck will go lower than 8” but you should provide a source because Elon said that the minimum clearance is 8”.

A similar argument can be made for the bed length. Tesla advertised 6.5’ so unless/until they say otherwise that is what I expect it to be. I do not need a 6.5’ bed and do not have a dog in this fight.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I looked up the museum FAQs and no one is allowed within 2’ of any vehicle. Also no tripods, monopods, or even backpacks.
Yeah. I thought it was obvious that I was joking about John climbing into the bed. Apologies for the confusion.

I am not sure where you heard that the truck will go lower than 8” but you should provide a source because Elon said that the minimum clearance is 8”.
If it allows for 8” clearance for driving I’d assumed it was possible the suspension could go lower yet if it’s not in motion. Rivian will lower it’s air suspension lower than normal drive mode for example.

Of course the 8” of travel might include settings which are not possible to drive in. I don’t know. It’s not worth arguing over, because it is indeed not something from Tesla, just a passing thought.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yeah. I thought it was obvious that I was joking about John climbing into the bed. Apologies for the confusion.

If it allows for 8” clearance for driving I’d assumed it was possible the suspension could go lower yet if it’s not in motion. Rivian will lower it’s air suspension lower than normal drive mode for example.

Of course the 8” of travel might include settings which are not possible to drive in. I don’t know. It’s not worth arguing over, because it is indeed not something from Tesla, just a passing thought.
It might go lower than 8”; but 8” is pretty low don’t you think?

I knew that part of what you were saying was a joke but not how much of it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It might go lower than 8”; but 8” is pretty low don’t you think?

I knew that part of what you were saying was a joke but not how much of it.
I really don’t know. I’m sure it wouldn’t be able to drive when it’s lower than 8”.

What I can say is it will likely be able to get this low when loading stuff.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Heading Back to Peterson Museum in LA starting Nov 20 1667456542170

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Heading Back to Peterson Museum in LA starting Nov 20 1667456568842

We’ll have to get @John K to crawl under the truck when it’s at the Peterson to figure out how low it really gets.

We might need to distract security while he does it.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Just got tickets for the 27th, only a 10 mile detour from our route home off the 5.

So that's what, two hours in LA? :ROFLMAO:

(Starts looking for superchargers near the museum).

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Pederson Museum website is not all that clear if the CT to be put on display is the most current version? Also the dates for display? Last time I purchased tickets was when the CT was scheduled to be on display but all hell broke loose when Covid hit and the museum closed. Got my ticket refund?
Sponsored