Deleted member 3316

RE: 5 VS 6 seats. Disappointed the center console is massive / non-folding.
6 seater is a big draw card, will be very disappointed if it’s not an option

Also holding out hope for a Ford style working frunk bay.
Look at the shut lines, I’m almost certain it’s going to open just like the F-150 Lightning. I would hazard a guess the load floor will easily move, and next to the front bumper camera there appears to be a removable cover for a winch fairlead.
Sponsored

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
the clearest thing I’ve learned the last few days of forum conversation:

the world is now full of car “campers”

does nobody backpack in/out with a tent anymore?!

I once lived/camped in the back of a Tacoma for 3 months out in the Mojave desert. Y’all can have that mess :)
My city is filled with people that drive around with rooftop tents. I had no idea so many people camped.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag

the difference is a true deposit for a purchase of an existing vehicle where both parties are obligated to perform, vs a reservation fee for a vehicle that’s not yet in existence and Tesla has no obligation to perform.

That difference is material not only from an optics perspective (I’m not letting Tesla have my 100$ until they’re obligated to sell it to me), it is also in many states a matter of law.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
I didn't read through all the pages in this post. Just really hoping that the OP's info is NOT correct! That being said - I appreciate the work by the OP!

I wanted a full size truck (six seats and a full size truck bed).

If I wanted a mid sized truck I wouldn't have reserved a CT!

I'm not upset yet as this info has yet to be confirmed by anyone/anywhere officially from Tesla. But, if true it will be a HUGE disappointment. Might mean I have to get a Found On Road Dead truck :-(

Also, if true that the CT is Rivian sized it will be the equivalent of Tesla making the following statement:

"Tesla really just wanted to make a consumer pickup. Tesla isn't interested in construction related government or business fleet sales. Nor, is Tesla interested in competing with Ford for selling the most pickups in the US. Tesla IS planning the CT as a merely consumer/small family pickup."

Last edited:

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
You can do better Tesla...

No front middle seat
No binnacle
No Stalks
Less bed width than prototype
Need more power plugs
Crappy touch-buttons on steering wheel
No perforated seats
Possibly No Midgate
Charge port still on delicate plastic fender

Deleted member 3316

Seeing as they announced they are integrating the user profiles in car and online more intimately to the point they can add rental cars to your account with your in vehicle preferences as soon as you get assigned a rental car, I'm willing to bet they will be able to tell a flipper instantly when the flipper transfers the car over to the new owners account literally days or months after purchase. Pretty easy to do internal queries on time between the original owner claims the vehicle in their account and when that owner transfers the vehicle to a new owner that isn't obviously a relative.
or….

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...t-protection-against-resellers-scalpers.5927/

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
to add that as a practical and legal matter, any such ROFR approach on vehicles are either hard to enforce practically, or under law.

there are a couple of manufacturers, in a couple of instances, that have gone the distance or given it the ole’ college try - but eg Ferrari has a far different context than most manufacturers. and with Ferrari it’s not so much about price, but about maintaining their system of exclusivity.

Ford at one point said it would “support” dealers who wished to try to get such a ROFR, but I don’t know of a single instance that a dealership actually asked for and received. Mine sent me a form when I finalized my order, one of the earliest, and I refused. By the time Lightnings were shipping regularly, I stopped hearing of any dealers even mentioning it (and on the Lightning forum, we would’ve heard).

And in these scenarios, of manufacture’s with dealerships, they’re trying to manage their dealer’s behavior more than the customer’s behavior. Tesla doesn’t have that additional concern.

Deleted member 3316

to add that as a practical and legal matter, any such ROFR approach on vehicles are either hard to enforce practically, or under law.

there are a couple of manufacturers, in a couple of instances, that have gone the distance or given it the ole’ college try - but eg Ferrari has a far different context than most manufacturers. and with Ferrari it’s not so much about price, but about maintaining their system of exclusivity.

Ford at one point said it would “support” dealers who wished to try to get such a ROFR, but I don’t know of a single instance that a dealership actually asked for and received. Mine sent me a form when I finalized my order, one of the earliest, and I refused. By the time Lightnings were shipping regularly, I stopped hearing of any dealers even mentioning it (and on the Lightning forum, we would’ve heard).

And in these scenarios, of manufacture’s with dealerships, they’re trying to manage their dealer’s behavior more than the customer’s behavior. Tesla doesn’t have that additional concern.
Yes, Tesla doesn’t have this specific problem because Stealerships are the first line of scalpers. Leases are quite a normal part of the automotive landscape.

As Elon has said “Demand is indistinguishable from infinite.”

Better Tesla gets the profit from its work than some parasitic profiteer.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
If they don't bring it here we just have to order another dozen each and we'll be good. :p

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The CT will be mostly a US delivered truck. I haven't even heard of Tesla planning to ship/sell anywhere else.
It’s on their website in many different countries and had reservations open for at least a million reservations. They will bring it to whatever market had enough interest.
They advertised it in many countries, and have said they intend to sell it at least in China.

However... The way the full-sized truck market works, that will mean it'll still be a 'mostly US delivered truck'.

So you're both right.

-Crissa
Sponsored