How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be?

LTN COLUMBO

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DUSTER PRESTIGE
Country flag
largeur maximum 2m00 rétroviseurs compris
maximum 1m85 (stationnement limité à 1m90) pour garder une marge de sécurité
absolument moins de 3500 kg en GVW (Poids Brut du Véhicule) pour pouvoir le conduire avec un permis voiture

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I think that the size of the Gladiator in my profile pic was the ideal truck size. Not so big as to be annoying in parking lots or on tight trails, but lots of room for people and goods. You could easily put a bunch of sheets of plywood in the bed through the special accommodations they made for that, but also not have to deal with an oversize bed for the other 99% of driving.

carpedatum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, R1200RT, 4285 Express
Country flag
I just got an F-150 Powerboost with the short (5'7") bed. It fits in my garage - barely. I would like the Cybertruck to be no more than 2" longer than a 2023 short bed F-150. Otherwise it will be sleeping outside.

Also I need to have it before the Ford drops dead.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I just got an F-150 Powerboost with the short (5'7") bed. It fits in my garage - barely. I would like the Cybertruck to be no more than 2" longer than a 2023 short bed F-150. Otherwise it will be sleeping outside.

Wow! You have such trust in Ford!! You just got your F-150, CT is supposed to start shipping this year, and unless you are on the far end of the waiting list you'll probably get your CT before 3-4 years are up.

And you are worried that your F-150 might "drop dead" in the meantime? Not sure what you paid for the truck but I'd say the cost divided by say 5 years before it "drops dead" is a LOT of money to spend on a vehicle each year.

Meanwhile, many of us our thinking our CT will be the last vehicle we ever need to buy.

To be fair, it might be the last vehicle because some of us don't expect to live too long. Or that the robotaxi network will remove our need to even own a vehicle. But there is a considerable number who think the CT will just last and last and last and last and last, and get passed to the next generation, and last, and last, and last, and last.... Who knows how long.

Poor Ford expected to max at 5 years... maybe... crossing fingers... Wow. Just wow.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

In 10 years or so kids will be like “Whoah you parked a gas burning car in your garage? Weren’t you worried about fires or dying of fumes? I heard people used those to commit suicide! It’s a wonder anyone in your generation survived.“

carpedatum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, R1200RT, 4285 Express
Country flag
Poor Ford expected to max at 5 years... maybe... crossing fingers... Wow. Just wo
Not picking on Ford, though their quality problems are matched only by their supply chain problems. I got the Ford because the CT has been delayed over and over again. The F150 Powerboost is today’s obtainable state of the art, IMO, and I needed something today.

The CT, sadly, is tomorrow‘s state-of-the-art, and tomorrow is taking it’s sweet time getting here. I had really hoped the last truck would be my last ICE, but it is a Ridgeline, and it’s towing capacity no longer meets my needs.

I do hope the CT surprises me, and beats the Powerboost’s 700+ mile range. Also hope it can legitimately tow a double-axle travel trailer. Will be fun to see!

DoulosDS

First Name
DonS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Dual Motor FSD, 2011 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't care about the size toooo much, especially length. I'm not a crazy truck guy, and longer cars are harder to park, etc. I care more about width, specifically that it can carry sheets of material 4' wide laying flat - I will use that ability a lot. I also care about cabin space; I want it roomy for me and my one wife and two kids. The return of the sixth seat would be very welcome for taking along another couple people in a pinch.

Overall I care much more about street performance (speed, handling), occasional off-road performance (rough trails, beaches, deep snow), the stainless steal toughness, awesome bed cover, cool styling and battery range. That last one's a biggie for me, as we don't have enough charging options yet in my region to ditch our gas car and rely on our Model 3. I also really like the creature comforts of the new S/X like drivers screen, rear screen, vented seats and I'm hoping as many of those as possible are brought in, along with a killer stereo.
Four-wheel steering should help with parking, regardless of length.

Luftpilot

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350, HD Nightrod Special, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Adventure nut
Country flag
I need to load 2 Harleys and tow a travel trailer. Possible with my F-350. Can a CT do that :oops::oops:???