China Cybertruck owner-Do you think Cypertruck works better with Alpha Dog?

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
How much dollars do you think it would cost to export CT from America to China
actually Giga Texas is right there next to Giga Mexico... so Tesla will prolly ship units to Mexico to be shipped to China and China and Mexico has a free trade agreement and it will save a crapload of money for Tesla and cosumers

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
While the Chinese government has also waived car purchase taxes to encourage the purchase of Tesla Model S and X, I'm guessing there's a chance that the CT will also be exempt from car purchase taxes.
hello @Cyberpark!

Can you please educate us about the CyberTruck reception in China generally?

It has been several years (maybe 3 years) since I learned about full-sized pickup trucks in China. At that time 3 years ago, it seemed that full-sized pickup trucks did not have a large market in China for several reasons. Some examples I remember:

• some large cities still had bans on full-sized trucks

• the size of full-sized trucks made them impractical in cities, due to parking, traffic, etc.

• that in China there was some social stigma about pickup trucks, because they were viewed as agricultural vehicles, for farmers and rural areas

• that as agricultural vehicles, in many cities trucks were required to have many signs, stickers, and other information placed on sides and back of the trucks

In your view, were these things true a few years ago? Do you feel things things still exist today?

In total, what do you think are the current challenges for the CyberTruck in China, and Do you think those challenges are reducing over the next few years?

Thank you. (I wish I knew Chinese as well as you know English, so that I could ask the questions more clearly for you.)

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
Hello Xu Jin, welcome! Have you heard of any plans to build the Cybertruck at the factory in Shanghai?
No, not full size truck. Compact size, probably yes depends regulation. Now pickup truck is not legal in big cities, yet. But I heard they will loose it.

Last edited:

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
hello @Cyberpark!

Can you please educate us about the CyberTruck reception in China generally?

It has been several years (maybe 3 years) since I learned about full-sized pickup trucks in China. At that time 3 years ago, it seemed that full-sized pickup trucks did not have a large market in China for several reasons. Some examples I remember:

• some large cities still had bans on full-sized trucks

• the size of full-sized trucks made them impractical in cities, due to parking, traffic, etc.

• that in China there was some social stigma about pickup trucks, because they were viewed as agricultural vehicles, for farmers and rural areas

• that as agricultural vehicles, in many cities trucks were required to have many signs, stickers, and other information placed on sides and back of the trucks

In your view, were these things true a few years ago? Do you feel things things still exist today?

In total, what do you think are the current challenges for the CyberTruck in China, and Do you think those challenges are reducing over the next few years?

Thank you. (I wish I knew Chinese as well as you know English, so that I could ask the questions more clearly for you.)
There is a group of full size truck lovers/cults, and of course Tesla fans/cults. But for most people, it would be hard to drive or park the full size truck.

Last edited:

CYBER PARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
cvalue13,post: 144981,member: 16567 said:
你好@Cyberpark

你能给我们介绍一下中国的网络卡车接收情况吗?

我在中国了解全尺寸皮卡已经好几年了(可能3年了)。3年前的那个时候,全尺寸皮卡在中国似乎没有很大的市场,原因有几个。我记得一些例子:

一些大城市仍然禁止大型卡车通行

由于停车、交通等原因,全尺寸卡车的尺寸使其在城市中不切实际。

在中国,皮卡有一些社会污名,因为它们被视为农民和农村地区的农用车辆

作为农用车辆,在许多城市,卡车被要求在两侧和后部放置许多标志、标签和其他信息

在你看来,这些事情在几年前是真的吗?你觉得事物今天仍然存在吗?

总的来说,你认为中国网络卡车目前面临的挑战是什么,你认为这些挑战在未来几年内会减少吗?

谢谢你。(我希望我懂中文,就像你懂英文一样,这样我就可以更清楚地问你问题了。)

Nice to meet CT owner from Austin and I'll try to answer your question from several dimensions. As for English, thanks to the development of AI language translation today.:)

1. policies and regulations, The Chinese government strongly encourages users to buy electric vehicles, including CT.
2. Pickup to town, The State Council, China's cabinet, will push all Chinese cities to gradually ease restrictions on pickups entering the city.
3. Electric pickup truck, As China pursues a national policy of increasing openness, CT may be the first to benefit from electric pickup trucks.

Overall, because China is a populous country and the current choice for urban families is a large SUV, users of electric pickup trucks may gradually catch up.

There are some historical reasons why pickups have moved from commercial vehicles to family vehicles. Two points worth mentioning are the 1960s and the 1990s, respectively, which accelerated pickups to become more of a family car choice.

Welcome to China and We will be happy to use CT to receive you.

Tesla Cybertruck China Cybertruck owner-Do you think Cypertruck works better with Alpha Dog? u=3176569490,201260012&fm=30&app=106&f=JPEG

Tesla Cybertruck China Cybertruck owner-Do you think Cypertruck works better with Alpha Dog? u=2648363614,201260011&fm=30&app=106&f=JPEG
Tesla Cybertruck China Cybertruck owner-Do you think Cypertruck works better with Alpha Dog? u=3758298266,201260011&fm=30&app=106&f=JPEG

CYBER PARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Getting the Starship off the ground was a huge step, demonstrating great control by self-destructing the first stage thrusters just before separation. CT would have been better off on the scene.
Congrats to the Space X team.