Feeling left out in North Georgia mountains…

First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra truck. Nissan SR Maxima
Occupation
Retired HS Principal
Country flag
Two things. First superchargers at vacation destinations in the mountains north of Atlanta.
Second I’ve been waiting so long I got a MYP in the meantime. Now with all the price fluctuation I’m feeling upside down. Anyone else in the same situation?
Sponsored

Jumpman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper SE, Honda Ridgeline, Acura NSX
Country flag
Are you saying such superchargers exist? Or that they need to exist? I go to/through that area semi-frequently myself.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Two things. First superchargers at vacation destinations in the mountains north of Atlanta.
Second I’ve been waiting so long I got a MYP in the meantime. Now with all the price fluctuation I’m feeling upside down. Anyone else in the same situation?
That's what Destination chargers are for; to charge at a leisurely rate at a place you're spending the day or night at.

On the other hand, Superchargers would be appreciated along rural routes for those heading up or along the mountains...

-Crissa

OP
OP
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired HS Principal
Country flag
Are you saying such superchargers exist? Or that they need to exist? I go to/through that area semi-frequently myself.
It is superchargers I was referring to, They are needed! Quite a few people, either living here or passing by, need the chargers. The Cybertruck will be a great truck but without superchargers Tesla will miss out on a whole segment of buyers and the ability to cross over the mojo will be a challenge.

OP
OP
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired HS Principal
Country flag
It is superchargers I was referring to, They are needed! Quite a few people, either living here or passing by, need the chargers. The Cybertruck will be a great truck but without superchargers Tesla will miss out on a whole segment of buyers and the ability to cross over the mojo will be a challenge.
Oops, mountains…

OP
OP
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired HS Principal
Country flag
That's what Destination chargers are for; to charge at a leisurely rate at a place you're spending the day or night at.

On the other hand, Superchargers would be appreciated along rural routes for those heading up or along the mountains...

-Crissa
Absolutely!

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
not trying to be difficult but if the range is over 350 miles and you put a charger in your garage .. why would you need a charger anywhere near you.. drive it till your day is over and go home and plug it in while you sleep.. or am i missing something.

OP
OP
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired HS Principal
Country flag
I have a home charger but the main part of the concern is the travelers coming to the lakes or going on to NC or Tennessee. They have homes in southern ares, such as Florida. Also I’ve found that my model YP never gets anywhere near that mileage. Seems mountains just eat up your battery. More and more people seem to be coming every year and don’t have the home access.Personally I wish they would stay away.
Once they get up here they seem to stay.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Some potential good news in this article:
https://www.gpb.org/news/2023/04/21/rivian-install-electric-vehicle-charging-stations-at-state-parks
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is stepping up to help roll out a network of electric vehicle chargers across the Peach State.

EV maker Rivian, working with the DNR and Georgia Power, will install charging stations at five state parks and one state historic site.
Besides Tallulah Gorge State Park in Northeast Georgia, EV charging stations will be installed at Fort Yargo State Park near Winder, Cloudland Canyon in Northwest Georgia, High Falls State Park near Jackson, Skidaway Island near Savannah, and at Wormsloe Historic Site, also in the Savannah area.
I'd agree as we did this trip in March. It was raining when we left the hotel in Athens, GA this morning, but luckily it cleared up and we had great weather within an hour. We stopped at Tallulah Gorge (note 6 Rivian charger (30a/7kW) are there now) and Amicalola Falls. Aside: We were able to get some nice pictures at Amicalola Falls but it required 425 stairs down and up.

Needed to drive pretty moderately to make those legs. (2017 TMX)

Tesla Cybertruck Feeling left out in North Georgia mountains… TWFhJGN

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
not trying to be difficult but if the range is over 350 miles and you put a charger in your garage .. why would you need a charger anywhere near you.. drive it till your day is over and go home and plug it in while you sleep.. or am i missing something.
When your house doesn't have power. When you need to charge more quickly than you can on whatever you have at home. When you have visitors. When you're visiting other towns like your own...

-Crissa

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Gainesville Supercharger just opened and pretty sure that I saw the Franklin Supercharger out of the ground.
Still waiting on Helen, should be soon.
Sponsored