Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor Cybertruck on order, Model S Plaid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If it's the lumber HomeDepot picks out if I have it delivered it'll fit. 🤨

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 22.33.26.png
I was just at Lowe’s the other day and watching all the contractors sorting through the lumber, I pondered how much money is spent on labor because of crappy wood.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
i feel that a pinching hazard would be there if the rear window is down and the cover sliding in front of it.
If that were the case, Tesla would just design the tonneau cover control to only be powered when the window was closed.

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
So you care? There aren’t many pickups, or even cars anymore, with real rear windows. Or are you complaining because you are bored? I accept that.
What makes you think I'm complaining?
Side mirror height might be too much for me. I'm thinking toaster slot height or perhaps just two eye-shaped holes punched through the stainless steel.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck rear window down?! (photos from winter testing) 4407285444_3f706d9759-2532158364

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Side mirror height might be too much for me. I'm thinking toaster slot height or perhaps just two eye-shaped holes punched through the stainless steel.
4407285444_3f706d9759-2532158364.jpg
I'm having trouble even understanding what you are complaining about?

I'm getting the sense you think Cybertruck will be a better truck if the window behind the passenger seats is a picture window? Or at least a foot taller? All that would do is allow you to see further down the backside of the tailgate. Big deal. Width is what matters here, not the height.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
4407285444_3f706d9759-2532158364.jpg
Have you seen the tiny windows on other Tesla? On other cars? It’s like looking through the wrong end of binoculars. Almost worthless. The digital rear view mirror should give us a good, wide angle, view out the back sand window. Don’t get me wrong, I like a rear window as much as the next person; I just don’t think of it as a functional thing like an ingress/egress port. But if it is, great!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not sure if the window is good for a professional tradie who really needs an 8' bed.

But for most others imo, without needing to lower the tailgate, or might prefer a closed tailgate, super handy to slide in the odd 2400 (8'10") sheet, or the odd pipe, surf board etc.

Better than not having anything.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Can anyone think of an example of a shorter back window?
It seems to be about the height of the side mirror.
It just needs to be tall enough to stick a couple sticks of molding or windsurf mast or to talk to and comfort /get some air to the dog in the back. 4" would do that.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
It just needs to be tall enough to stick a couple sticks of molding or windsurf mast or to talk to and comfort /get some air to the dog in the back. 4" would do that.
Agree but 14" would be much better

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
tbh, sounds kinda like you did
Imagine trying to crawl from the front seat, over the center console, doing a low craw into the bed... LOL, hard pass. It would be nice for hauling long, but thin items like lumber or something clean like that which you wouldn't mind on your interior. But crawling from cab to bed, I don't think there'd be much of a market for that. I can see camping in the bed with some kind of tent setup or bed camper like we've seen and it would be great to have the window be able to go down to share HVAC controls.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Have you seen the tiny windows on other Tesla? On other cars? It’s like looking through the wrong end of binoculars. Almost worthless. The digital rear view mirror should give us a good, wide angle, view out the back sand window. Don’t get me wrong, I like a rear window as much as the next person; I just don’t think of it as a functional thing like an ingress/egress port. But if it is, great!
You won't see much out of the rear window when the vault is closed anyway... A video display in the rearview mirror is the only way such a "mirror" even makes sense.

C3y3ber

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S 100D
Country flag
So? Is there some value to all this rear window rambling? Do any of us ‘really’ care about the rear window when we have a digital rear display that isn’t affected by headrests, cargo, size, etc? I would like a way to/from the cab and bed, and I would prefer it to be lower than the rear window, and otherwise I almost don’t even care if there is one, let alone the size.
I like an opening rear window. It adds a lot of air flow thru the cab on a nice day cruising. I could also see camping in the vault and listening to the radio or climate control to the vault.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I like an opening rear window. It adds a lot of air flow thru the cab on a nice day cruising. I could also see camping in the vault and listening to the radio or climate control to the vault.
Rolling it down even with the vault closed just to stop that annoying buffeting (thump thump thump thump) you get when a window is rolled down!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I can't wait until it's no longer popular to use. It's so common it's no longer funny. Hasn't been for years, its like those jokes you politely laugh about, but think to yourself that's just sad and dumb.
Sponsored