John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I don’t want noisy mud tires. Alternative tires for ride, handing, and low noise. Can the truck be ordered with different tires?
Sponsored

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
You don’t need really expensive LT tires to get mud and snow capability as well as highway quietness and performance. Pirelli Scorpion ATR’s work great on my 2011 Sprintet 2500 and don’t break the bank.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Based on what we know about the weight I am pretty sure you can use any multipurpose tires for the most part.

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
May I suggest Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws for an AT tire...marvelous in the Houston rain...

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I Really like BFG all terrain T/A's, great all purpose tire although not perfectly quite

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I am hoping that if I get some good AT tires, that if I mostly drive in Chill mode, it will not wear them out excessively...
I am also hoping that by the time I get my Cybertruck, that some manufacturers will have come up with some good options for an EV truck tire.

ZheFury

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck (reservation) 2013 Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Country flag
If they don't come from the factory, mine will go straight to the tire shop for a set of BFG KO2's. I've had them on two Tacomas and two Sprinters. By far my favorite tire.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I don’t want noisy mud tires. Alternative tires for ride, handing, and low noise. Can the truck be ordered with different tires?
Your keyword is noisy, right? Not loss of miles per charge? If so, then we should push for better noise isolation so whatever tires are on the truck, and whatever is going on outside the truck, we can hear a pin drop, so to speak.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
All Tesla vehicles have at least 2 different wheel/tire configuration options and I expect the same for Cybertruck. One would probably be a more energy efficient highway tire option, and another would probably be more of an off-road all-terrain tire option.

As far as aftermarket, if I wanted a quiet & comfortable tire that gets good energy efficiency I would get this one https://www.michelinman.com/tires/primacy/primacy-xc.html

Edit: it looks like the Michelin Primacy XC is only offered in 2 sizes so far, and doesn't look like they are big enough for Cybertruck. Perhaps in the future they will be. I'm sure there are or will be other options.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
The tires shown on the Cybertruck are "All-Terrain" tires. Good AT tires like the BFG KO2 are not loud at all.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
The tires shown on the Cybertruck are "All-Terrain" tires. Good AT tires like the BFG KO2 are not loud at all.
I think it would be more accurate to say 'Not loud on a gas truck'. When I added ATs to a softtop and put it down and drove near a wall that reflected sound, I realized that the low hum I had been hearing was the tires and made much more sound than the previous road tires I had on it before.

In the Nissan Leaf I can hear the difference of the surface of the road if I have the windows down from the tire noise change. And they are low rolling resistance and are the quietest tire I have ever owned on a 4 wheel vehicle.

YMMV

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I think it would be more accurate to say 'Not loud on a gas truck'. When I added ATs to a softtop and put it down and drove near a wall that reflected sound, I realized that the low hum I had been hearing was the tires and made much more sound than the previous road tires I had on it before.

In the Nissan Leaf I can hear the difference of the surface of the road if I have the windows down from the tire noise change. And they are low rolling resistance and are the quietest tire I have ever owned on a 4 wheel vehicle.

YMMV

I can't hear anything over my Raptor to be honest, the whole neighborhood knows when I come and go. :cautious:
Sponsored