Cybertruck Tire Size Options What Do You Choose?

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
With tire options, I need traction on-road without destroying tread.
I have the model Y with AWD with 10,000 miles, Eagle F-1 option and have floored it every chance I get. Normally, a car eats up the front tires first due to turning, and I do like to corner hard. But, the Y is wearing the rear tires more due to flooring it. It is quite impressive with absolutely no slippage at full throttle, even in the rain. (I watched a Dodge truck recently struggle 4 times in the rain to slowly get its one tire to gain traction from a stoplight. Sad, but seemed quite dangerous if you needed to get going and avoid an oncoming car, for example.)

I am buying the tri-motor solely based on the 2.9 0-60, as fast as a 2021 Corvette, while seating 3 times as many, weighing twice as much and hauling 85 times as many groceries home.

I will be flooring the Cybertruck many times per day. The off-road tires will not hold up, and are not needed. What option will be available for us who want zero slippage, and only want exhilarating acceleration on pavement to destroy Camaros and Mustangs?
The giant rugged knobbed out tires are great for sand, climbing and floating over things for sure.

Although.. I do think back to the old original Army jeeps and some of the wild terrain that they could manage with just those narrow square shoulder jeep tires. It was really impressive for what they were.

I'm thinking that the CT, with it's advanced traction control, with decent, solid street tires will still perform very well off pavement as long as things don't get too extreme. I'm with you in that I'd rather have, quieter, longer wear, lower drag meat on the ground. It would be fun to test them out at regular and slightly lower pressure to see how they do off pavement too.
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
<SNIP> It is quite impressive with absolutely no slippage at full throttle, even in the rain. (I watched a Dodge truck recently struggle 4 times in the rain to slowly get its one tire to gain traction from a stoplight. Sad, but seemed quite dangerous if you needed to get going and avoid an oncoming car, for example.)
<Snip>
BIG endorsement for Tesla suspension system. Not that Dodge is a worthy test but wheel hop is wheel hop on wet pavement and Teslas are putting traction down.

Buy stock in tire companies. Great tires are going to go quick! LOL

BArevalos13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f250
Occupation
Oil & Gas
Country flag
A 40" tire may affect overall range on CT, also its ability to pull a trailer. Larger tires is like changing final drive ratio which reduces the torque to the wheels but if you don't plan on using CT for trailering not much concern. One thing that does not get mention is axle angles, CV joints have limitations I could not tell you what they are (Many types CV's) but
they have a design parameter. I used to work on Class 2 thru Class 8 trucks, once in a while a customer wanted to change the transmission of the truck to a automatic. We would have to change drive line to have less than 12 degree angle otherwise U joints can be stressed to the point of failure. A double U joint is considered a constant velocity joint. I had a friend that lifted his Ford truck to put 37' tires under his 4 wheel F250 truck. I looked at his truck and told him his driveline had too much angle, he did said it would be alright, that last about two days when the U joint failed on the way into work. I just thought I would share that story, it is something to consider when changing something so simple like a tire.
37" tires on my F250 with a 6" lift same outcome. U Joint failure.... Hopefully the CT will have 35" tires from factory.
Sponsored