Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
It would really depend on the drive mode and 80% of 90%.

MKBHD once show F150 lightning has 400+ miles but that is after driving inside a parking lot etc. Slow speed has more guess range.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR (21 & 23)
Country flag
Tesla's range predictions are generally (at least) 20 percent too high. Our "330 mile" Model Y will actually do around 270 in the summer, and way less in the winter. If there are 10 battery bars on the screen, then you're looking at a real world highway range of around 240 miles. I expect a big part of this "low" range is due to the review truck almost certainly having the gigantic, aggressive off-road tires. Fully expect switching to the road tires (which look terrible) could afford an additional 20-40 miles, similar to Rivian.

The lower range makes me at least a little hopeful that the price will be well under Rivian.

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
Our Sept, 2018 Model 3 had 310 mile range. Over 5 years later, if we charge it to 100% we still get 299 miles, or over 96%. Some of it depends on your use and charging habits, but that's pretty dang good. YMMV.

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
I am going to assume this is a beast mode version with the premium tires. Assuming the same battery size across Dual Motor and Performance Beast Mode versions (which I personally believe is the case based on all evidence), it wouldn't be shocking for the performance version to have around 300 mile range.

There is a little pixel on that 10th bar, which could mean a 291 mi range for that version with that equipment, which would mean the dual motor with normal tires is likely in the lower 300 mile range, probably around 320ish would be my guess.

Which is inline with the Dual Motor announcement specs which were 300+ miles.
💯

This is almost certainly tri, evidenced by the white interior trim.
At this point, white trim does not confirm tri motor. All the showroom units are dual motor with white trim.

It would really depend on the drive mode
That's a hope because I dont think my MYP changes the mileage gauge going from chill to sport. The picture also does not show the wheels. Very carefully cropped to show range without the wheels showing on the screen. If this is a tri motor with premium wheels, a dual motor on road tires will be around 317 miles.

Tesla Cybertruck 265 mi range at 90% shown in demo Cybertruck driven by Marques Brownlee MKBHD Screenshot 2023-11-29 132033

scottyah

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mountaineer
Country flag
sub 300mi "real-life" driving would get a res cancel from me I think, that's pretty hard to justify and would require charging during a standard day trip...

I'll typically pick people up, drive 100 mi, drive up some steep gravelly/rutty roads a couple times and hang around all day then go back. Nobody wants to sit around waiting for a charge...

Even if they can't figure out how to make a 500mi+ version as they envisioned, sub 300 seems like a joke for a vehicle like this ?? I really hope we're missing some info, tomorrow will tell

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Didn’t the reveal say dual is 300miles? Why would everyone be mad if they almost exactly hit that spec? I don’t want the dual. I need longer range, but I never wanted the Dual and that range. I don’t quite understand the disappointment

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Didn’t the reveal say dual is 300miles? Why would everyone be mad if they almost exactly hit that spec? I don’t want the dual. I need longer range, but I never wanted the Dual and that range. I don’t quite understand the disappointment
You are correct. I am assuming those who are unhappy with this range are all interested in the tri-motor version and are frustrated that the first Cybertruck released may not be a 500 mile tri-motor version they have dreamt of.

A dual motor with 300+ range is what was expected by those of us who reserved a dual motor.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
After 115k miles, my 2017 Tesla still has more range than I had initially from the factory.

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
You are correct. I am assuming those who are unhappy with this range are all interested in the tri-motor version and are frustrated that the first Cybertruck released may not be a 500 mile tri-motor version they have dreamt of.

A dual motor with 300+ range is what was expected by those of us who reserved a dual motor.
Good, I feel like I am taking crazy pills reading this forum and socials haha

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Also, which trim is this? Dual motor, tri-motor? There should be a difference between the two.
I met a 2018 MS owner at the service center yesterday. He is original owner and says he has less then 5% loss of range.
Edit: He said he had just over 60k on it.