Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models Plaid, CyberTruck Foundation Series
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
I've had my VIN for 10 days. Everything in the app is complete including payment in full. Still don't have a delivery date though. when i call they just say the truck is in transit. They also told me on the phone they moved my requested delivery center. was Buena Park now it's Long Beach CA (NBD).

Anyway, getting frustrated with lack of progress and tesla customer service the truck is in transit for over a week.

How long did others wait between assigned VIN and scheduling their delivery date?
Sponsored

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
This is very common. My vin was assigned 1/22 and I just got a call from the delivery center in Fresno yesterday night. I did text them Sunday and they said it was in transit and would be arriving this week.

These trucks are coming from Texas. So they need to travel by rail and then transported by truck. Throw in some bad weather and multiple inspection and this is how long they are taking. VIN to delivery is taking 2/3 weeks for California.

OP
OP

mikedubyaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Appreciate the info. That makes me feel more comfortable. I got my VIN on the 29th. So probably a call this weekend. This is my third tesla and never had it quite so delayed between VIN and deliver date set time.

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is a forum for Tesla fans and early CT adopters. This is how they treat their most valued customers? Truly shameful customer service. almost makes me question if this company has some basic communication or personality deficit🤠.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I've had my VIN for 10 days. Everything in the app is complete including payment in full. Still don't have a delivery date though. when i call they just say the truck is in transit. They also told me on the phone they moved my requested delivery center. was Buena Park now it's Long Beach CA (NBD).

Anyway, getting frustrated with lack of progress and tesla customer service the truck is in transit for over a week.

How long did others wait between assigned VIN and scheduling their delivery date?
lol, this guy, with a VIN, is frustrated. LOL

In all seriousness, 14-20 days from VIN to delivery should be considered normal. You are on track.

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
This is a forum for Tesla fans and early CT adopters. This is how they treat their most valued customers? Truly shameful customer service. almost makes me question if this company has some basic communication or personality deficit🤠.
I think they are now just starting to take it more seriously. The call yesterday seemed to highlight these concerns. The call basically stated that we appreciate you, we want to keep you in the loop, and if you ever have questions please text us and we will get right back to you.

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
hahaha. Shame on me for already paying in full. I could have sat on my 111k for 3 weeks.
This is why I didn't do it lol 🤣 I'm making a payment on interest while waiting...

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
I think they are now just starting to take it more seriously. The call yesterday seemed to highlight these concerns. The call basically stated that we appreciate you, we want to keep you in the loop, and if you ever have questions please text us and we will get right back to you.
Naw, my Tesla guy said don't message him again until the VIN comes, he can't do anything. I've only text 3 times since 12/20. When I called in to ask about financing issues, they said it could be 2nd quarter now or longer. .I said I bought a foundation series and she was like oh yeah, we don't have a y time frames sorry. If I don't get approved for credit the 2nd time around I lose all my money she said.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

Not to be condescending or anything, but you have two options.

• Go at the speed of Tesla
  • Cancel delivery

Not much you can do except chill. It will happen when Tesla want it to and not a minute beforehand.

Chadmacall

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, Model X
Country flag
I got my VIN last Thursday, Feb 1. My delivery site is in Long Beach. I called them and they said my CT will be delivered on the 13th. I’m hoping at a couple days later, I’ll get my delivery date.

OP
OP

mikedubyaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Naw, my Tesla guy said don't message him again until the VIN comes, he can't do anything. I've only text 3 times since 12/20. When I called in to ask about financing issues, they said it could be 2nd quarter now or longer. .I said I bought a foundation series and she was like oh yeah, we don't have a y time frames sorry. If I don't get approved for credit the 2nd time around I lose all my money she said.
I bet you and I will see each other then! I would be surprised if they will be delivering any between now and the 13th.