Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
If I cancelled my patient

If I cancelled my patients cancer case and didn’t tell them what’s going on and just said “wait” without any info, I’d be lit up online and by the quickest lawyer out there. It’s about communication when things don’t go as planned.
And if you expected strict adherence to a schedule when we all know that it is an early production ramp up and that we've all waited for a long time.

Well, it is all going as planned for Tesla. No, they didn't plan for an accelerator issue, but they did plan on issues and Elon indicated that this was going to be a long a tough ramp-up.

They told you when you got a VIN assigned didn't you?
They will tell you when it's time to go to the next step.

I'm sure there's a few people that there without a VIN assigned that would gladly swap places with you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pstryker

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
And if you expected strict adherence to a schedule when we all know that it is an early production ramp up and that we've all waited for a long time.

Well, it is all going as planned for Tesla. No, they didn't plan for an accelerator issue, but they did plan on issues and Elon indicated that this was going to be a long a tough ramp-up.

I'm sure there's a few people that there without a VIN assigned that would gladly swap places with you.
Hey Woodrick- no one in here agrees with you.

Scurvmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 chevy colorado, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Im nervous for you. We’re not getting any info with all the avenues available. No one has a delivery date of those that had it stopped 9 days ago. Please update us if you get any info :confused:
Went to the Service Center in person today and the rep told me he sent a request to whatever external division can authorize the delivery to get it released but we didn’t receive an answer back today. Turns out they can’t give it to me until other people get theirs first???? Something about the service center team is waiting on other customers to get back with them on their deliveries even though mine is there and ready for me to take it. I wasn’t upset about this process until I heard that. If that is indeed the reason I can’t take mine because other people “have to have theirs first” Elon needs to find who made that policy and give them a swift release from the company. Will update tomorrow again if I have any other updates.

Avery21

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck on the way!
Occupation
MD
Country flag
Went to the Service Center in person today and the rep told me he sent a request to whatever external division can authorize the delivery to get it released but we didn’t receive an answer back today. Turns out they can’t give it to me until other people get theirs first???? Something about the service center team is waiting on other customers to get back with them on their deliveries even though mine is there and ready for me to take it. I wasn’t upset about this process until I heard that. If that is indeed the reason I can’t take mine because other people “have to have theirs first” Elon needs to find who made that policy and give them a swift release from the company. Will update tomorrow again if I have any other updates.
Aww dang man, yeah I was afraid something was going to come up. None of us waiting have been given any info on why we havn't gotten the truck when its literally sitting right there. Just told to "wait till we text you." This is the first reason Ive heard of some one not getting it because they had to wait for others, which makes me think its a made up excuse. The service centers love to come up with fake answers to get you out of their face. I bet its due to the pedal issue to be honest, that makes the most sense. Please keep us posted. We all want everyone to get their trucks!

OP
OP
Pstryker

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
Ugh so painful. At least your rep tried to do something for you, that sounds amazing versus what I have experienced.
Can we please have our trucks now?

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
This aligns with the other poster (I forget where) that said his SC is waiting to get 15-20 deliveries and have a big Cybertruck delivery day. It’s shocking, but is it really?

Avery21

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Country flag

Thats not my point at all. Its the communication issue that Tesla has. The inital text of "we're cancelling youre delivery until further notice" was extremely disheartening and very poorly performed. Had the text said, "We're sorry but due to safety issues with an accelerator pedal/safety issue, we were just informed about, we have to postpone your delivery until XX date. We will keep you informed throughout this unfortunate process," would have been much better recieved by all of us in this situation.

Again, when I cancel cases, I explain everything to the patient straight up. I.E. an emergency came up, a change in your health status prior to the procedure, a personal issue, an administration issue, etc. The difference is, I TELL the patient the exact reason and every single one is disappointed but absolutely understanding and appreciative of the COMMUNICATION. Tesla is extremely poor at communication and something they don't put much effort in at this point in their customer service journey.

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Aww dang man, yeah I was afraid something was going to come up. None of us waiting have been given any info on why we havn't gotten the truck when its literally sitting right there. Just told to "wait till we text you." This is the first reason Ive heard of some one not getting it because they had to wait for others, which makes me think its a made up excuse. The service centers love to come up with fake answers to get you out of their face. I bet its due to the pedal issue to be honest, that makes the most sense. Please keep us posted. We all want everyone to get their trucks!
You're arguing to the wind. There is no back and forth here. For what it's worth, got my truck today. It's great.

OP
OP
Pstryker

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
You're arguing to the wind. There is no back and forth here. For what it's worth, got my truck today. It's great.
Wow congrats! Lets see it!

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Why are people paying in advance? I don’t remember doing this when I bought my model 3
5 years ago?

OP
OP
Pstryker

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
Why are people paying in advance? I don’t remember doing this when I bought my model 3
5 years ago?
I can only speak for myself but when I thought I was days away from taking delivery I figured, why not pay now so delivery is as smooth as it can be. I knew I was going to buy it, so why not pay a day or two early. Then... nothing happened. No delivery appointment was ever made. And now weeks later, still nothing. Not even a message saying "Hi Tesla here, we wanted to let you know your Truck is very near delivery but we need to fix the recall issue. You should expect a follow up on this ___ date. Thanks for your patience".
That's what a normal company would do. But instead nothing, so I went to the dealership multiple times to extract whatever information I could to share it here with others stuck in CyberPurgatory.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Thats not my point at all. Its the communication issue that Tesla has. The inital text of "we're cancelling youre delivery until further notice" was extremely disheartening and very poorly performed. Had the text said, "We're sorry but due to safety issues with an accelerator pedal/safety issue, we were just informed about, we have to postpone your delivery until XX date. We will keep you informed throughout this unfortunate process," would have been much better recieved by all of us in this situation.

Again, when I cancel cases, I explain everything to the patient straight up. I.E. an emergency came up, a change in your health status prior to the procedure, a personal issue, an administration issue, etc. The difference is, I TELL the patient the exact reason and every single one is disappointed but absolutely understanding and appreciative of the COMMUNICATION. Tesla is extremely poor at communication and something they don't put much effort in at this point in their customer service journey.
I can probably believe you that if you have a surgery scheduled at 6AM in the morning and someone finds that the ventilation system for the OR is not functioning at 3AM, you will probably end up getting a confusing message from someone who really doesn't know the details. And then you are going to call up your schedulers and give them a message with what you know (which will be slightly different from what you were told) and they will then call your patients up to inform them that their operations are cancelled and at this point, you have no idea when they can be scheduled.

I've done a lot of work in hospitals, I know that communications is often missing.

Would that sound like a possible scenario for your hospital?

Avery21

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Country flag
I can probably believe you that if you have a surgery scheduled at 6AM in the morning and someone finds that the ventilation system for the OR is not functioning at 3AM, you will probably end up getting a confusing message from someone who really doesn't know the details. And then you are going to call up your schedulers and give them a message with what you know (which will be slightly different from what you were told) and they will then call your patients up to inform them that their operations are cancelled and at this point, you have no idea when they can be scheduled.

I've done a lot of work in hospitals, I know that communications is often missing.

Would that sound like a possible scenario for your hospital?
No thats not how it would go down. I would get call from the OR charge nurse saying there was a mechanical issue with the OR that would make the case unsafe. I would pass this information on to my patient and explain that this was out of my control, Im sorry this happened, but I have my schedule right here and lets find a date that works best for you and me in the future. And, If it was a more urgent case, I would find another hospital to do it at.

The overall point is, Its NOT about what caused the room failure, its the COMMUNICATION, with the end user it affects. I don't care that someone put more soap on the pedal, or the tabs broke on the pedal, Im actually very happy they stopped the delivery for safety reasons. Im pissed that they have been so vague and poor at giving me some basic courteous information to keep me updated on the process. Its a poor business practice and needs help.
Sponsored