Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, 15.36 KW solar
Occupation
Associate Professor, Mathematics
Country flag
Ordered one just in time yesterday. I don't drink, but it (might) be an interesting conversation piece.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I seem to remember the lightning bolt on Tesla products...

Lordstown has a lightning bolt? Never registered.

59sjordan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 M3LR White on White, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag
I seem to remember the lightning bolt on Tesla products...

Lordstown has a lightning bolt? Never registered.
I haven't seen the Tesla lightning bolt, but if they have used it before, maybe Lordstown was trolling Elon....

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla now selling Tequila! LORDSTOWN-BG-1596473910

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
tesla-tequila-product@2x.jpg

Tesla launches own tequila with crazy-looking bottle and high price tag

https://electrek.co/2020/11/05/tesla-launches-tequila-price/

Tesla has finally launched its tequila with a crazy-looking bottle and a very high price tag.

Yet another Elon Musk joke that becomes reallity.

From a fart machine inside Tesla vehicles to flamethrowers, Elon Musk had plenty of strange ideas that sounded like jokes but became reality.

Now add Teslaquila to that list.

Back in 2018, Musk poked fun at Tesla haters with an April Fool’s joke about the company going bankrupt.

As part of the joke, Musk wrote that he was found “passed out against a Tesla Model 3, surrounded by “Teslaquila” bottles, the tracks of dried tears still visible on his cheeks.

Later, the company actually filed a trademark for ‘Teslaquila’ (though it has been contested), but nothing happened with it until now.

Today, Tesla went ahead and launched its own tequila, now just called Tesla Tequila, and started taking orders for $250 on its website:

Tesla-Tequila-1.jpg

It is only available in the US and can only delivered to states that all delivery of alcohol.

The tequila has been packaged in a crazy-looking lightning strike-shape bottle.

Tesla writes in the description of the product:

The fact that it aged for more than year might explain why it took so long between announcing the product and actually bringing it to market.

Tesla appears to have partnered with Nosotros to produce the tequilla and Speakeasy Co, an alcohol branding and distributing company, to distribute the product.

Electrek’s Take
I am not that surprised that Elon took the job all the way to making the product, but I can’t believe that they actually got me.

I am a whiskey guy. Never really developed a taste for tequila, but they got me with that bottle. It looks so cool, I had to order one or two. Alright, two.

Now I am $500 poorer. Thanks Elon.
I tried to get it and I was too late sold out after few days...Lucky you...Poor me!

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I bought 2 and I don't even drink. I will keep it unopen as long as I live. More like for collecting. I missed out on Tesla previously offered like the flame thrower and the CT remote control CT.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
tesla-tequila-product@2x.jpg

Tesla launches own tequila with crazy-looking bottle and high price tag

https://electrek.co/2020/11/05/tesla-launches-tequila-price/

Tesla has finally launched its tequila with a crazy-looking bottle and a very high price tag.

Yet another Elon Musk joke that becomes reallity.

From a fart machine inside Tesla vehicles to flamethrowers, Elon Musk had plenty of strange ideas that sounded like jokes but became reality.

Now add Teslaquila to that list.

Back in 2018, Musk poked fun at Tesla haters with an April Fool’s joke about the company going bankrupt.

As part of the joke, Musk wrote that he was found “passed out against a Tesla Model 3, surrounded by “Teslaquila” bottles, the tracks of dried tears still visible on his cheeks.

Later, the company actually filed a trademark for ‘Teslaquila’ (though it has been contested), but nothing happened with it until now.

Today, Tesla went ahead and launched its own tequila, now just called Tesla Tequila, and started taking orders for $250 on its website:

Tesla-Tequila-1.jpg

It is only available in the US and can only delivered to states that all delivery of alcohol.

The tequila has been packaged in a crazy-looking lightning strike-shape bottle.

Tesla writes in the description of the product:

The fact that it aged for more than year might explain why it took so long between announcing the product and actually bringing it to market.

Tesla appears to have partnered with Nosotros to produce the tequilla and Speakeasy Co, an alcohol branding and distributing company, to distribute the product.

Electrek’s Take
I am not that surprised that Elon took the job all the way to making the product, but I can’t believe that they actually got me.

I am a whiskey guy. Never really developed a taste for tequila, but they got me with that bottle. It looks so cool, I had to order one or two. Alright, two.

Now I am $500 poorer. Thanks Elon.

Hey.. if you weren't able to buy the Tequila, you can still get a look alike bottle of cologne.
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla now selling Tequila! bad boy

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Did everyone get their Tesla Tequila?

I'm still bummed that I could not get my order to complete.

Did anyone in Connecticut or Mass get an order placed?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There was no toilet paper on the shelves at Safeway last week, and signs saying 1 per customer - just like last spring. Hoarding is DEFINITELY happening again. Maybe things are different in Illinois or just haven’t caught up yet.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
There was no toilet paper on the shelves at Safeway last week, and signs saying 1 per customer - just like last spring. Hoarding is DEFINITELY happening again. Maybe things are different in Illinois or just haven’t caught up yet.
Starting up again here in Texas as well.. we had been very well stocked in all stores until recently. Its either because of all the BS leading up to Jan. 6th.. or because of the new virus strain.

I bought 700 rolls just to be sure..

..JK ?
Sponsored