Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am looking through my various pix of the Cybertruck and wondering what the size/dimensions of the frunk and rear lockable storage will be. Any guesses? That rear lockable storage looks like it could be 2’x4’. I have no idea about the depth. Also no idea about the frunk.

Any thoughts on the fog lights being articulated? Certainly not in the prototype but it is a very common feature on trucks these days.

Tesla Cybertruck Size of rear storage and trunk? BCAD78DE-9138-4C4D-9DC8-374BADFF7F46
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I am looking through my various pix of the Cybertruck and wondering what the size/dimensions of the frunk and rear lockable storage will be. Any guesses? That rear lockable storage looks like it could be 2’x4’. I have no idea about the depth. Also no idea about the frunk.

Any thoughts on the fog lights being articulated? Certainly not in the prototype but it is a very common feature on trucks these days.

BCAD78DE-9138-4C4D-9DC8-374BADFF7F46.jpeg
2'x4' seems like a decent assumption, maybe 10-12" deep? As for the frunk I have no clue, but it appear as if it could compete with some small sedans for volume. Probably going to be larger than a Model X.

As for the fog lights, do you mean having them mounted on a swivel like after market lights?

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
2'x4' seems like a decent assumption, maybe 10-12" deep? As for the frunk I have no clue, but it appear as if it could compete with some small sedans for volume. Probably going to be larger than a Model X.

As for the fog lights, do you mean having them mounted on a swivel like after market lights?
Regarding the fog lights, on my last 2-3 SUVs when I turn my steering wheel in a curve my fog lights turn into the curve. It is a nice feature. I know that the Model X has these but the Model 3 does not, supposedly the reason being that the Model 3 lights have a wider field of view.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Regarding the fog lights, on my last 2-3 SUVs when I turn my steering wheel in a curve my fog lights turn into the curve. It is a nice feature. I know that the Model X has these but the Model 3 does not, supposedly the reason being that the Model 3 lights have a wider field of view.
The Model 3 doesn't have that to reduce cost and complexity.

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The Model 3 doesn't have that to reduce cost and complexity.
My point wasn't about the M3 or the MX; they were just Tesla data points for articulated fog lights. The question was whether anyone thinks the CT will have them. In the prototype the fog lights don't look like they could be but prototypes are just that.

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My point wasn't about the M3 or the MX; they were just Tesla data points for articulated fog lights. The question was whether anyone thinks the CT will have them. In the prototype the fog lights don't look like they could be but prototypes are just that.
Perhaps part of my question was answered in the news today. All Model 3s and Ys will have adaptive front lights, so maybe the CT will also. I doubt they mean the headlights though they might I suppose.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
This makes me thing about the trunk locking law. In the late 80's my aunt was taken by a sicko and locked in the trunk. She was able to open it from the inside, I wonder if there's a size requirement for lockable storage internal release

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This makes me thing about the trunk locking law. In the late 80's my aunt was taken by a sicko and locked in the trunk. She was able to open it from the inside, I wonder if there's a size requirement for lockable storage internal release
There is not. So there's a self-release inside the frunk of a Model 3. However, I think it only applies to trunks, not side cases.

-Crissa
Sponsored