If a full size AND mid size Cybertruck were available, what size would you order?

Full size or mid size Cybertruck?

• Total voters

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I think the accepted term is called platooning.
Caravanning is probably more correct but in many places it means towing an RV trailer.
«Convoy mode» would make sense, no? It references a cult movie to boot?

Volvo has been very vocal about this idea for many years. Pre FSD. Less air resistance too. “Hooking” on to others for segments of your journey, automatically planning and finding next one to “hook” up to, and automatically sharing costs I guess.

We have a lot of actual convoys over the mountains, especially in the winter, and this would make sense in snow storms so the cars could very closely follow the plowing truck, lean back and drink som chocolate, and and not worry about sight. But that’s a very specific and limited use. I can see this replace long-range trains in many cases (with better sleeping positions for the car seats) behind commercial trucks crossing the continents anyway (although just freight should actually be a thing for trains).
Sponsored

Last edited:

LTN COLUMBO

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DUSTER PRESTIGE
Country flag
2 m 00 maximum en largeurs rétroviseurs compris
je serais partant pour une option rétroviseurs camera !
moins de 1m90 en hauteur à cause des parkings !
absolument moins de 3500 kgs en Poids Total A Charge ( permis voiture )

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That's entirely perpendicular to there being a smaller truck option. Ford sells both. They don't sell so many F150s outside the US but lots of Rangers,

-Crissa
Sock puppet says 'orthogonal'?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
@Administrator Can we get a translate button or a default language to translate all too?? I'm sure @LTN COLUMBO would like to make it easier to read. And the rest of us would like to understand all the non-English speakers as they come on board.

Using Google Translate, the site is recognized as being in English so it doesn't translate the small bits of non-English. Perhaps we need a flag per user to say what language they post in or just flag the language with every post as it is made. If the reader is defaulted to another language then do the translation.

I doubt you would need to do a translation between versions of English. Though it could bring about some laughs along the way if it starts translating between British, Australian, Canadian, US, Indian, etc versions of English.

In case some of us are versed in multiple languages, it would be nice to show the original message along with the translation so we at least know to give the translation a bit of slack instead of getting all grammar Nazi on the translation.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Working
Country flag
J’imagine le CT dans les rues de petits villages en Corrèze, à Paris, etc :LOL:
Habitant aux US depuis bien longtemps je n’ai aucune intention d’acheter le CT si il ne fait pas au moins la taille d’un F-150.
Aux US les rétroviseurs caméra sont illégales (mais moi aussi j’aimerais bien cette option).

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
un utente potrebbe riconoscere che sta postando su un sito inglese e tradurre il proprio post da solo. sai, come fai se stai postando su un sito italiano.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
@Administrator Can we get a translate button or a default language to translate all too?? I'm sure @LTN COLUMBO would like to make it easier to read. And the rest of us would like to understand all the non-English speakers as they come on board.

Using Google Translate, the site is recognized as being in English so it doesn't translate the small bits of non-English. Perhaps we need a flag per user to say what language they post in or just flag the language with every post as it is made. If the reader is defaulted to another language then do the translation.

I doubt you would need to do a translation between versions of English. Though it could bring about some laughs along the way if it starts translating between British, Australian, Canadian, US, Indian, etc versions of English.

In case some of us are versed in multiple languages, it would be nice to show the original message along with the translation so we at least know to give the translation a bit of slack instead of getting all grammar Nazi on the translation.
Select text, right click, translate.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

My iPad (and Macbook) does it for me. Select the text, click 'translate'. It does a fair job with French, especially since he keeps his sentences simpler.

I generally know enough French (my sister teaches it) to know if it's generally right, which it usually is.

un utente potrebbe riconoscere che sta postando su un sito inglese e tradurre il proprio post da solo. sai, come fai se stai postando su un sito italiano.
You shouldn't use automatic translation on a Japanese site, they find it insulting.

Just imagine we're in a Star Wars movie.

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
My iPad (and Macbook) does it for me. Select the text, click 'translate'. It does a fair job with French, especially since he keeps his sentences simpler.

I generally know enough French (my sister teaches it) to know if it's generally right, which it usually is.

You shouldn't use automatic translation on a Japanese site, they find it insulting.

Just imagine we're in a Star Wars movie.

-Crissa
私は日本人になっている、私は私が日本人になっていると思う
本当にそう思います

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
私は日本人になっている、私は私が日本人になっていると思う
本当にそう思います
オーホーヲー〜

It's not quite right, but the translator thinks it's right, so who am I to say since I am not fluent?

-Crissa

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I honestly have no idea what size truck I would pick, this will be my first truck. Please be gentle. Perhaps smaller is better... O_O

I don't need a truck to be honest, I hope one day there is a Cyber SUV and I'll swap the truck for it. Saying that, it will come in handy, although I dread the family and friends asking for help moving stuff. 😜

I suspect a midsize truck would be better for me, I would VASTLY prefer it to fit in my garage, right now I have no driveway, parking on the road will be a PITA. The largest car I've driven regularly is my Y. I have driven a 2007 Tacoma fairly often and that wasn't bad, just kind of floaty. If I do camp in the truck as much as I want to then I suspect I'll appreciate the larger truck. I realized, with horror, that my 9 year old son has never experienced an open fire, built from timber he gathered and hence never detonated cans of baked beans or spaghetti in said fire. Definitely time to remedy that situation.

Far from the tent.

Anyway, on the truck, I kind of want Tesla to not give me options so I don't have to make a decision. 🤣

I once drove a huge yellow DeWALT truck, a friend worked for them and it was his work vehicle and he'd had a few too many. That thing was insanely huge to me at the time. Not sure, it wasn't a Ford, want to say maybe a Dodge something. It barely fit out the gate for the parking lot. Not sure if I want a truck that large.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would want a small truck, to be sure...

...But we need to fill the market first.

And that's full-sized trucks.

Just like the first car was a roadster, and then a luxury sedan...

Gotta start at the 'top'.

-Crissa
Sponsored