Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
With this design, either the top is solid and a pain to store or soft and flap all over the place when you are driving. It blocks the rear passenger glass roof which is not part of the bed. I would prefer something that rest inside the bed with vault closed when moving and once popped up has relatively consistent headroom, enough to allow standing starting from back of the bed (not highest point of the truck) to at least end of an open tailgate. I thing we are yet to see the best design.
I want to submit this design... I don't know if you've seen it. Look past the horrible solid rendering and imagine it as a tent with hoop airbeams. And it isn't scaled right.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck conestoga camp.JPG
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I want to submit this design... I don't know if you've seen it. Look past the horrible solid rendering and imagine it as a tent with hoop airbeams. And it isn't scaled right.

conestoga camp.JPG
I am down with hoop air beams. Anything that requires less time and thought is definitely a go with me. If Tesla give us the mid gate and make the glass ceiling over rear passenger seat removable, this is a really good use of space even with the tail gate closed. If the design remain as we have seen or we only get the mid gate, interior design becomes a lot more important because now you have two levels one of which is sloped. It also may have to be extended to use the tailgate as floor space. I definitely like the hight.

If it doesn’t work, you can always use it as a cone of shame for you giant dog:

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1612144404270

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I am down with hoop air beams. Anything that requires less time and thought is definitely a go with me. If Tesla give us the mid gate and make the glass ceiling over rear passenger seat removable, this is a really good use of space even with the tail gate closed. If the design remain as we have seen or we only get the mid gate, interior design becomes a lot more important because now you have two levels one of which is sloped. It also may have to be extended to use the tailgate as floor space. I definitely like the hight.

If it doesn’t work, you can always use it as a cone of shame for you giant dog:

1612144404270.jpeg
Yes theoretical mid gate would be nice! It extends over the glass roof so that there is a place to put stuff inside without taking up the bed which is only 6.5 ft long. Yes I'm down with open tail gate. It would certainly be nice to have the extra 2.5 ft. With tail gate shut though you could theoretically close the vault at night while sleeping and open it in the morning to rise and stir in your tent. Then just collapse it into the bed and leave if you absolutely have to drive into town for a muffin.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Then just collapse it into the bed and leave if you absolutely have to drive into town for a muffin.
When I get my CT, there will be too many of them on the road already. I may have to do the muffin run uncollapsed to get some attention.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1612153146261

Hazzzard122

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV ...wishing for my dual motor CT
Country flag
Yep. But that would be true of the back window and the vault, too.

-Crissa
Yup, gives you the full length of the vault to use when the bed is out the way though

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
I'm still overly partial to the original by Tesla. Hope they actually follow through with it.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1574405905236565.0

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
https://www.hiatuscampers.com/
I’d like something like this that seals over the glass roof and is flush with the top of the cab when closed. Sealed to the back to keep it as aero as possible
@Hazzzard122 notes that CT is bound for multiple utilities and other modalities. Re-configuring what was a horizontal glass roof into a platform surrounded by canopy, factory attachments would aid third party market product development. Yes, it would be nice if the Tesla roof LED on the back of it provided a plug to enable third party power use (i.e.spot lights, Starlink, 12v, etc...).

Hopefully, Tesla will introduce “factory” attachment points, instead of automotive standard practice of screwed-in fitments (aka luggage rack). Attachment points would preclude drilling into the exoskeleton. They could come factory equipped with S.S. plugs, exotic removal tool rather than Phillips head and accommodate attachments in shear and load force applications. Such a scheme would leave the CT “clean” if not used ever and removable for other use or re-install the factory plugs for the clean appearance.

In addition to rooftop, I’d wish factory winch tension points, on the Sailplane shear points and load points at rear of sailplanes and back of CT to attach external contraptions limited to 200 lbs. fully loaded.

In the category of too much to ask for, attachment points on the outer vertical sailplane’s upper triangle would aide utilizing CT’s unique design. Its inward cant of the upper sailplane triangle begs to be used. Without factory points, I can envision buyers third party racks carrying side loads but bearing feet in those upper sailplanes leaving a forever dimple or dent from use. God forbids drill and screwing sailplanes, right?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Mazda uses screw-down points on their vehicles. Isn't that pretty common?

-Crissa

...And it looks like Tesla does the same. There's a roof rack you can screw onto the Model Y, but it just screws onto the roof, so you could put anything you want there.

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Poly drop is the bees knees. Tow and drop .. leave your vault for toys
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck C27E5E89-1A56-4867-8068-E98B13E8E04B

MaoTorresMadrid

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bike
Occupation
Amway Business Owner
Country flag
So I'm liking something a bit larger, like this insert camper that you can add to the vault of the Cybertruck. These renders need work, but I want something in the vault so no need to tow and can travel almost anywhere all the time. So hope that there will be a camper style like this by Tesla or 3rd party companies that would be amazing.

Cybertruck Camper Cybercamper Concept.jpg

MaoTorresMadrid

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bike
Occupation
Amway Business Owner
Country flag
Re: the first iteration: cool graphic and a worthy effort toward developing possibilities. However, that pointy thing up front does nothing-not aerodynamic (the big vee-notch), and not good for storage inside. The second seems awkward, with same aerodynamic problem, but hey, I'm no designer. I hope Elon and other after-market manufacturers will make it easy to add a camper. These renders are good conversations starters. I think ANY camper for the CYBRTRK must maintain the low drag mantra that epitomizes a Tesla. For sure I want a camping package when I take delivery. (I ordered mine on Day 2).
Prefer the CYBERLANDR, that you can keep en your garage and use as portable Hotel room, Office and bathroom. ¡THAT IS COOL!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Mazda uses screw-down points on their vehicles. Isn't that pretty common?

-Crissa

...And it looks like Tesla does the same. There's a roof rack you can screw onto the Model Y, but it just screws onto the roof, so you could put anything you want there.
Not a fan of screwing into sheet directly. Even on sailboats S.S.-S.S. screws corrode, rust then S.S. screw head can break off. Mfgr’s have gone to the bolted-in rivet fitment that binds the sheet metal.

Currently, I have those on my Chevy. THEY ARE GREAT! Until they rust or bind. Two are turning in their rivet making it impossible to remove by extraction or brute force. Removing the headliner is the only fix. They will leak, next.

That’s why the pleading for a factory permanent fitment that can be adapted to fit. Owners need only use the fitment to secure and attach. No drilling, no holes, screws, rivets and silicon schmear on the outsides. It saves the tear, tears and wear looking rust from poor S.S. accessories.
Sponsored