Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
I have the great good fortune to be significantly invested in New Orleans (sarcasm); our city has seen a 68% rise in murders so far this year. Minutes ago a murder occurred on Claiborne; car pulled up to another at a stoplight, driver got out and fired shots in neighboring vehicle, killing other driver. May be random as much of our violence is random.
I have a slight concern that if the ā€˜bullet resistantā€™ nature of panels and glass are advertised our local thugs may be tempted to try it out at a stop light.
Not sure thereā€™s any solution; Iā€™m expecting to have people trying to key the exoskeleton (as they have my model s), but bullets are more worrying, especially as particularly with glass it may not really work. . Gun port?
Sponsored

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the great good fortune to be significantly invested in New Orleans (sarcasm); our city has seen a 68% rise in murders so far this year. Minutes ago a murder occurred on Claiborne; car pulled up to another at a stoplight, driver got out and fired shots in neighboring vehicle, killing other driver. May be random as much of our violence is random.
I have a slight concern that if the ā€˜bullet resistantā€™ nature of panels and glass are advertised our local thugs may be tempted to try it out at a stop light.
Not sure thereā€™s any solution; Iā€™m expecting to have people trying to key the exoskeleton (as they have my model s), but bullets are more worrying, especially as particularly with glass it may not really work. . Gun port?
There's got to be some crazies out there that will want to see if the Cybertruck really is bulletproof.

Those wanting to pickup the Cybertruck at the factory and drive long distances back home beware! You may be running a gauntlet.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was in new Orleans for 6 years....could not wait to get out....Divested and sold all property and came back to California....I was in the Marine Corps and son was in high school.....I threatened to resign my commission unless I could get out....was not going to let my son finish school there...the crime is as bad as you say and it is nothing more than lack of control by the mayor and governor....sorry, but that is how I feel....nice place to visit for a few day like New York....but not to live...Especially in Gretna ands a few places on the West Bank....

Pete70123

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
Country flag
I moved down 7 years ago and live outside the city In Jefferson Parish. I know exactly what you mean. Was that the shooting at the car wash? Have to be more specific. (More sarcasm). It really is a shame. Went down St Charles and saw the amazing house floats. There is a lot of pride but the crime keeps me from going to the city on a regular basis.
The streets of New Orleans will certainly test the air suspension

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I moved down 7 years ago and live outside the city In Jefferson Parish. I know exactly what you mean. Was that the shooting at the car wash? Have to be more specific. (More sarcasm). It really is a shame. Went down St Charles and saw the amazing house floats. There is a lot of pride but the crime keeps me from going to the city on a regular basis.
The streets of New Orleans will certainly test the air suspension
I know....I went from NAS Belle Chase to 4400 Dauphine street everyday....We went back 4 years ago for a wedding and will never go back

Pete70123

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
Country flag
I know....I went from NAS Belle Chase to 4400 Dauphine street everyday....We went back 4 years ago for a wedding and will never go back
New Orleans is like Popeyes Fried chicken looks good, you may even get a craving but when youā€™re done you feel sick to your stomach, regret having it and it is hard to wash the smell off you. Lol. Then time goes by and you do it agin lol

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
New Orleans is like Popeyes Fried chicken looks good, you may even get a craving but when youā€™re done you feel sick to your stomach, regret having it and it is hard to wash the smell off you. Lol. Then time goes by and you do it agin lol
its the red beans and rice

Dawgfan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JL Jeep, Chevy S10, Infiniti Q60
Country flag
Criminals tend to prefer weak targets where they think they can be successful. There are enough armored cars out there and people do try to shoot them to check if they are bullet proof. Plus when the vault opens and our gattling guns pop up turn towards them I think they will run.

Hootie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Civic; '23 Model Y LR; '23 Ford Lightning
Country flag
Never been to New Orleans but your initial thought i have thought the same thing. Regardless of you being in the car or not, idiots are going to try to test the limits of what the car is claiming and will try to dent it, scratch it, or shoot it. Especially when it first comes out. Even if the CT holds up, it will be annoying as hell. If people are going to wrap their CT, that will eff up the wrap too. The CT will have Sentry Mode on pretty much the whole time until the novelty wears off on the general public.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Cybertruck is no Queens Coach - CT is the new Corvette.

The very first Ctā€™s will draw attention, ire and cynicism. Few will even care about bulletproof <anything>. Launch Day was infamous that its not bulletproof. Mostly it will be the #1 stolen vehicle, not death by CT jacking.

Electric motors, battery and joy rides will be an initial risk. Tesla, like AAPL, probably have an anti-theft scheme for Tesla components tracable and electrically brickable. Joyrides are the biggest insured risk.

Like a Corvette, CT is so iconic that few joyrides will last long nor end well. Iā€™d give it couple years at most. Then crickets.

I lived in a border town that can only be compared to a wild, wild West. Stolen cars, drive-bys, stoplight jackings and boulders off the overpasses were common. It is random acts of desperation. I lost a Rubicon. It was over the border within 15min. - stripped.

I would venture a guess that CT is as good an apocalypse vehicle as any for ā€œ randomā€ acts. Situational awareness and thinking ahead are the better defence. Shit Happens! Cybertruck was engineered for that.

Extra points for packing doors with Kevlar sheets(30ea.) if you transit high crime areas.

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
I fear being a target too, or followed home. I just hope it's all in my head. If i park downtown i totally expect some dude with a skateboard is going to try and use it and i hope it holds up.

JudgeMetal

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe a gun turret you can control from the screen?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.