LTN COLUMBO

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DUSTER PRESTIGE
Country flag
je suis pour un radar qui me détecte un piéton dans le brouillard ou alors quand je suis ébloui par le soleil !!
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The problem with radar is that it"s difficult to identify objects with it. You barely have their shape, let alone their orientation or details that color can pick out.

-Crissa

Pj101

First Name
Paco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Contracted Tractor work
Country flag
A ‘Follow Me’ option, so CT could follow a vehicle to the work site.
(Or even a fleet of CTs in a convoy, following a lead vehicle)

Maybe even some well placed stickers on back of lead vehicles to help CT to track/follow easier.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
A ‘Follow Me’ option, so CT could follow a vehicle to the work site.
(Or even a fleet of CTs in a convoy, following a lead vehicle)

Maybe even some well placed stickers on back of lead vehicles to help CT to track/follow easier.
Actually, if this worked well, everyone who wants to flat tow their CT could just put it into follow mode and have it follow along behind their RV. Wouldn't that mess up people's brain to see it following very close behind an RV with no one in it. Or if the cop pulled you over and the CT came right along with you. The cop wouldn't be able to get directly behind your RV cause the CT would be in the way.

Robeden1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order, Audi RS5, Chevy Duramax
Occupation
Retired IT Enterprise Architect
Country flag
The problem with radar is that it"s difficult to identify objects with it. You barely have their shape, let alone their orientation or details that color can pick out.

-Crissa
You must be thinking of ww2 radar….todays radars are much more sophisticated and can even emulate colors as well as clear, crisp, shapes, in addition to typical trajectory information.

Rob

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You must be thinking of ww2 radar….todays radars are much more sophisticated and can even emulate colors as well as clear, crisp, shapes, in addition to typical trajectory information.
No, radar cannot pick out color. It can't read road signs. It doesn't see object shapes the way we do - it sees masses and velocities. To it, a stopped car looks the same as an overpass or signpost or the pavement ahead.

All that also means it sees reflections and refractions, too, which to our eye is noise.

To radar, the whole world is made of glass.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I developed a system based on emitting tachyon particles and measuring refracted particles.

It is awesome, shows no traffic in front of me.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
No, radar cannot pick out color. It can't read road signs. It doesn't see object shapes the way we do - it sees masses and velocities. To it, a stopped car looks the same as an overpass or signpost or the pavement ahead.

All that also means it sees reflections and refractions, too, which to our eye is noise.

To radar, the whole world is made of glass.

-Crissa
I am not so sure it cannot see shapes? I am under the impression it can see shapes and in 3d just as a single camera can. Processing the data from 2 different positions via a moving source such as the vehicle were the sensors are mounted on. Colors though no.

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
I hadn't paid attention to any of the options possibilities, aside from the Solar charging thing - that's the big one for me.
So I can still fart around in my truck decades after the total collapse of society/the power grid, lol

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Really hoping solar is reasonably priced. better not be 5 digits

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not so sure it cannot see shapes? I am under the impression it can see...
No. Because the shapes it's seeing are based upon the density of an object. So the plastic on a car is really transparent but the engine is an opaque blob and the windows are no more translucent than aluminum.

And radar on cars isn't super-fancy, it's rather directional and doesn't have military precision. Lidar does, and that's why it's expensive.

-Crissa

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I consolidated info I collected to start building this into a list. Any adds, deletions o changes I can edit or repost, if desired.

TESLA STANDARD: Tesla AI/infotainment Hardware3, TeslaFi, Tesla 17” touchscreen, Tesla.app, Tesla Climate Control(remote roof venting), Tesla HEPA Air Filtration, Tesla OTA update , Tesla keyfob, Tesla AUTOPILOT, Tesla PDU, Tesla Electric RWD motor (1), Tesla Lithium Battery, Tesla structural battery pack,Tesla Octovalve heat pump to warm/cool batteries, Tesla Armor Glass, Rubber Floor Mats, Synthetic Armor Cloth Interior, Center Fold-Down Front Seat / Cup Holder Stowage/ Junk Caddy

CYBERTRUCK STANDARD:
Cybertruck User Interface, 60amp charge cable, 12v Aux. battery,
Cybertruck 30X ultra hardened cold rolled S.S, Cybertruck wheel protectors, Cybertruck A-T 6ply Goodyear tires, Cybertruck Adaptive-Air suspension, Onboard 240V/110V, Onboard Air Compressor, Pass-through Door, L&R Rearview Mirrors, Self-Leveling Suspension, Tailgate Light Bar, Vault Tailgate Load Lighting, Vault Tailgate Loading Ramp, Vault Interior Convenience Lighting, Overhead LED Strip Lighting in Cab, Steering Wheel, Pop Out Motorized Door Handles, Active Tonneau LED Indicator Lamp, Motorized Vault tonneau cover, Factory Vault L-track rails, Fatory T-slots in Bed, Frunk Stowaway, Hidden Storage Beneath Vault Floor and Rear seat, Sail Pillar Stowage. 12V Power ports, USB Charge ports

SAFETY STANDARD:
Front Dual Airbags
Four-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
Crush zone alloy chassis
Side Door Impact Beams
Self-righting moment CG
Front Integrated LED Projector Strip Forward Lighting
Front Center Roof Mount LED Running Lights (5) - AMBER, standard
Integrated Center Roof Mount LED Driving Light (1) - CLEAR, standard
Rear Center High Mount LED Stop Light - RED standard
Fourway, four corner hazard warning lights - RED/AMBER, standard
Tonneau Active LED Indicator
AI augmented rain actuated windscreen wipers
Bulletproof 3mm ultra-hard, cold-rolled S.S.-alloy Exoskeleton
Head restraint headrests
Three-Point ALR/ELR Seatbelts (ALR only on driver seat)
Child Protector Rear Door Locks
Child Protector Electric Windows (choke and heat)

*CYBERTRUCK OPTIONS:*
Tesla FSD Full Self-Driving Capability

Cybertruck Dual Motor (Model 3’s permanent-magnet rear motor up front; Model S/X’s large inductive rear motor in back - see RAVEN option)

Cybertruck Tri-Motor AWD (front-wheel differential motor driven with dual motors at each of the rear wheels, two 74 kW Trimotor packs double stacked, multiple (96A) charge ports same as Tesla Semi, see PLAID option)

Cybertruck RAVEN “Matte Black” ?
Cybertruck PLAID, Ludicrous mode?
Cybertruck Solar Tonneau
Tesla 11 kW Generator Connection Kit

Winter option
(Heated seats, Steering wheel, WS de-ice, door handle de-ice, Outside Temp.ICE warning, mud mats, tow hooks and Tesla chains 4ea.)

Tow Package
( Tesla Camera Active Rear View Backup Mirror, Trailer wiring connectors, Electric trailer brakes, tow hitch, Backup LED Light, TPMS trailer integration )

Interior Premium Upgrade
Cyberquad Electric ATV
Long Range Cybertruck double-stacked battery box

FUTURE
Cybertruck “BAJA”

Edits:
Long Range Cybertruck Update 14JAN2020
Wait?! 6 ply tires? On a truck with 1 3/4 ton payload??????? Seriously? Kevlar or not, that isn't an E load rated tire. All four tires have to divide the load of the CT alone. Then they have to have enough remaining load capacity to accept the payload across the rear tires and all four for towing and handling.