Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Freelance video
Country flag
I've heard from a Tesla employee that a car for sale with a 0-60 in under 3 seconds makes the insurance rate way higher. In a way to work around this I believe Tesla will update the listing to 3 seconds for the tri motor CT.

I have a CT Tri-motor reservation and I hope they do this. I'd rather save money on insurance than get .2 seconds faster.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I've heard from a Tesla employee that a car for sale with a 0-60 in under 3 seconds makes the insurance rate way higher. In a way to work around this I believe Tesla will update the listing to 3 seconds for the tri motor CT.

I have a CT Tri-motor reservation and I hope they do this. I'd rather save money on insurance than get .2 seconds faster.

Any thoughts?
I'm just getting Tesla insurance. They won't ping their own product. Case closed. peace

OP
OP
cheeseandcraigerz
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Freelance video
Country flag
I'm just getting Tesla insurance. They won't ping their own product. Case closed. peace
So you're assuming by the time you get your CT, Tesla insurance will be available to everyone in the United States.

What about someone who doesn't live in the U.S.?

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
So you're assuming by the time you get your CT, Tesla insurance will be available to everyone in the United States.

What about someone who doesn't live in the U.S.?
Don't know... I worry about my needs... I would recommend you do the same, with respect to your own needs, that is. haha peace

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
There are lots of rumors of under rating horsepower of muscle cars in the 60's-70's.
I wonder how Tesla Insurance rates will be affected by looking at the data. I think if Tesla went through the data and adjusted rates, all the other insurance companies would be pissed. Good/safe drivers would go to Tesla and drivers that like to play with that power would avoid Tesla and only go to other insurers.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
There are lots of rumors of under rating horsepower of muscle cars in the 60's-70's.
I wonder how Tesla Insurance rates will be affected by looking at the data. I think if Tesla went through the data and adjusted rates, all the other insurance companies would be pissed. Good/safe drivers would go to Tesla and drivers that like to play with that power would avoid Tesla and only go to other insurers.
Actually, mfgrs played straight. You could take a Chev 327 ~265 bhp stock and get a decent insurance rate. Then order Chev parts at your dealership. 302 Z-28 202 valves, .0020/.0020 solid lifter camshaft, headers and non-ventilated points. Next weekend you’d be putting down 375bhp. That’s how us country boys rolled.

We never let on that we balanced the rotating mass, ported the heads and slipped .005 over bearings into the block. Mfgrs had all the performance parts back then- no third party go-fast necessary.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
The OEMs are still under rating HP for that exact reason.

My buddy purchased a new Corvette and immediately put it on a dyno. It got 75hp more HP than advertised at the wheels!

Porsche is super famous for under rating their performance numbers.

Hell, in the 90's the Japaneses auto makers agreed to not sell cars making something over like 258hp..........

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
The OEMs are still under rating HP for that exact reason.

My buddy purchased a new Corvette and immediately put it on a dyno. It got 75hp more HP than advertised at the wheels!

Porsche is super famous for under rating their performance numbers.

Hell, in the 90's the Japaneses auto makers agreed to not sell cars making something over like 258hp..........
Mach-e takes this one step further. Selling HP (750) then electronically reigning its ponies by abstracting the wet meat out of the product.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Mach-e takes this one step further. Selling HP (750) then electronically reigning its ponies by abstracting the wet meat out of the product.
Oh I'm sure it goes both ways!!!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
Oh I'm sure it goes both ways!!!
Skeptical. Right to repair, telemetrics and OTA point directly at backwards feature creep.

Tl:dr VW ECU were programmable to drivers profiles. Dealers would take out a car “hot rod” it driving like its a race car and slip it back onto the lot. Customers would test drive and their jaws would drop. Just as fast they’d drop their wallets, buying it off the lot.

Couple weeks later the dealer would factory upgrade the EcU version. Performance gone! Never to return, regardless how hot rodded.
Sponsored