Dual-Motor vs. Tri-Motor?

CTinCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Configured February 2024
Country flag
Hello,

Looking for people (presumably in California or Texas) who have driven both the AWD Cybertruck and the Tri-Motor CyberBeast.

Was there any major difference besides the speed? Was the speed noticeable? Did you like the alcantara in the Beast? Any other differences we should be looking out for? I don't think we can test the locking rear diffs yet on the Beast.
Sponsored

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
The performance gap between the two is significant

with that said the dual motor is plenty quick and even beat the beast to 60mph in this clip.

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag

with that said the dual motor is plenty quick and even beat the beast to 60mph in this clip.

These type of 0-60 mph comparisons need to be performed on a level solid pavement. Still puzzled at the poor performance of the Beast. They never indicated if the tri was on beast mode..

OP
OP

CTinCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Configured February 2024
Country flag

This doesn't seem right. First, why on grass? Second, was the Beast in Chill mode or something? It simply should not be losing off the line to the AWD.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
It’s no different than the ICE world of racing, you can have tons of power and it doesn’t matter if you don’t have traction… if they are racing on soft/loose surfaces, the Cyberbeast is prolly over torquing the substrate and losing traction, while the AWD isn’t.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
I'd love to have a beast, but the wait plus the 20k isn't worth it - at this time. However dropping the FS badging and getting a Beast for the same cost would be tempting, if it were possible.

The extra weight of the motor over the front wheels for the Beast is mostly an off road plus. But I wonder about that... The whole thing is already very heavy, so it sinks in soft (mud/sand) conditions.

So then I'm off wondering about the real world benefits of torque vectoring...

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
It’s no different than the ICE world of racing, you can have tons of power and it doesn’t matter if you don’t have traction… if they are racing on soft/loose surfaces, the Cyberbeast is prolly over torquing the substrate and losing traction, while the AWD isn’t.
Spot on

Strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Holdens, Mach-e, Bronco
Country flag
I’m still looking for an instrumented 1/4 mile for the AWD if anyone has seen it.

Remote_Z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Has anyone posted how far the front seats recline ?

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
These type of 0-60 mph comparisons need to be performed on a level solid pavement. Still puzzled at the poor performance of the Beast. They never indicated if the tri was on beast mode..
The driver said it in the video, it lost due to traction. Too powerful for dirt surfaces

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'd love to have a beast, but the wait plus the 20k isn't worth it - at this time. However dropping the FS badging and getting a Beast for the same cost would be tempting, if it were possible.

The extra weight of the motor over the front wheels for the Beast is mostly an off road plus. But I wonder about that... The whole thing is already very heavy, so it sinks in soft (mud/sand) conditions.

So then I'm off wondering about the real world benefits of torque vectoring...
I'm waiting until I upgrade for a later version that I plan to keep for a very very long time is when I'm opting for the beast. Not the first go round with them. I plan on upgrading in about 4-6 years and that is when I will go for the beast as long as nothing else has peaked my interest by then.
Sponsored