Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
the real question is how far down will it go!?

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
Not enough to pick up more shares today. Maybe in after hours it will go down some more and I will get it on opening tomorrow. We bought our Tesla in late 2016 and if we had bought shares then too the Cybertruck would have been paid for and more.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i feel like people are ditching tesla and doing crypto, since elon is always tweeetin about it, weird

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
i feel like people are ditching tesla and doing crypto, since elon is always tweeetin about it, weird
Not BITCOIN at least. BTC took a nosedive when Elon said Tesla is no longer accepting BTC for purchasing Tesla vehicles.

As much as $365 billion wiped off cryptocurrency market after Tesla stops car purchases with bitcoin

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
DOGE is doing a nice bounce as of about 10 minutes ago though, so that's cool.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
im confused about doge, it trades on the stock market? isnt the whole point to be not on it.
Etherium is the real workhorse crypto

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
the real question is how far down will it go!?
If anyone could call the absolute bottom with certainty, they could rich. You would just buy as much as you could afford at the low. :cool:

My guess is it's not leaving the $500's unless the overall market continues down for some time. A wet dream buying opportunity would be $480. If I was looking to get in with minimal downside, $525 would be a gift. But it might not get that low either. If I didn't already have a bunch, I would be scooping it up right now because it's going to be worth A LOT more in a couple short years.

checho

First Name
sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB 300SD, MB 240D, Silverado 2003, cybertruck tri-motor on queue, elio on queue.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Most likely do to insider information, only a few days later due to political reasons Tesla stops accepting Bitcoin, now many of us will not be able to afford Tesla's and sales will not be as high as they could be. We do not know the real reasons why Bitcoin stopped being accepted only 2 months after it was being accepted, but this is an stab on the back to Bitcoin holders trying to buy Teslas. Only a day before Elon was asking if he should accept Dogecoin and a majority of people said yes, and then he does the exact opposite. It is not logical, but there is probably some hidden reason. If he was truly concerned about the environment he would try to sell Teslas to as many people as possible, and not sabotage a cleaner coin such as Bitcoin for a dirtier one such as the petro dollar. Hope this post does not get censored, I believe in freedom of expression, and this post is not political.

checho

First Name
sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB 300SD, MB 240D, Silverado 2003, cybertruck tri-motor on queue, elio on queue.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes, most likely that is the case, but that is most likely due to Tesla ditching crypto. Both could be going up if Elon was not ditching crypto, a lot of crypto holders now will not be able to buy Tesla and may have decided to ditch Tesla after getting stabbed in the back. Its better to have friends than enemies. Many people lost money by trusting Elon on the purchase on Dogecoin which is not a serious investment.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Most likely do to insider information, only a few days later due to political reasons Tesla stops accepting Bitcoin, now many of us will not be able to afford Tesla's and sales will not be as high as they could be. We do not know the real reasons why Bitcoin stopped being accepted only 2 months after it was being accepted, but this is an stab on the back to Bitcoin holders trying to buy Teslas. Only a day before Elon was asking if he should accept Dogecoin and a majority of people said yes, and then he does the exact opposite. It is not logical, but there is probably some hidden reason. If he was truly concerned about the environment he would try to sell Teslas to as many people as possible, and not sabotage a cleaner coin such as Bitcoin for a dirtier one such as the petro dollar. Hope this post does not get censored, I believe in freedom of expression, and this post is not political.
This change by Elon was not arbitrary. New info has been released that significant new Bitcoin mining operations had recently started (after Tesla started accepting Bitcoin, early 2021 Feb) or significant percentage of older Bitcoin miners were revealed to be running on fossil fuel sources (especially coal). This is new info about a new trend.