Bought TSLA stock today

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Feel so fortunate to have listened to Warren Buffets stock buying advise. " ā€œfearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.ā€

I have been buying with every paycheck for the last 3 months. I even sold my 2020 Sea-Doo to raise some cash. I took the 11k from the sale and on the 6th of Jan I loaded up on TSLA at 102.97 a share.

Can't believe it may see 100% growth in 30 days. at 172 and climbing as I type this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag
That's crazy good timing. Congratulations.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
After watching my IRA crumble over the past year, I converted a bunch of it to a Roth (which means Iā€™ll take a huge tax hit this year) in late December. Also had an old 401K account which had a fairly small balance, but transferred it to my IRA and was able to to put that whole balance into TSLA.

So now Iā€™m about 50/50 IRA/ Roth IRA in 100% TSLA at the moment.

Still in the bottom of a hole but I can see the light at the top. So long as nobody shovels dirt in things should work out well.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Oh. I forgot to mention. The bit which was converted to Roth has doubled already. I converted my highest risk options into my Roth account. If we have another week like this, Iā€™ll be able to keep my house.

(I kid about that last, house is free and clear, retirement was pretty far away for a bit there though)

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Not even Power Hour yet and TSLA is getting ready to pass 180!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
lol

I was at the anger and disbelief stages.. but low tone... I suppose 3 out of 10 level.

Thinking, lets get this shot over with, and move on.

Not only do I expect a stable economy to normalize the PE ratio to an acceptable at least 80 , I expect quarterly results from here to be compelling.

A double positive wammy.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I flip flop constantly between Euphoria and Depression

I am a financial GENIUSā€¦ Iā€™m RUINED
When Tesla was trading at the ATH everyone was like ā€œDUDE, Iā€™m a genius!ā€

When Tesla was trading at the 2 year low everyone was like ā€œDUDE, Musk is an idiot!ā€

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
lol

I was at the anger and disbelief stages.. but low tone... I suppose 3 out of 10 level.

Thinking, lets get this shot over with, and move on.

Not only do I expect a stable economy to normalize the PE ratio to an acceptable at least 80 , I expect quarterly results from here to be compelling.

A double positive wammy.
This chart is missing a couple phases of this drop: Nausea and Suicidal Thoughts (Sadly true). I am not inclined to the latter, but stomach flopped around a bunch.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I donā€™t understand the folks who insist they arenā€™t going to sell, are still only buying, but claim they want the stock price to rise. If you really want to keep buying in the future you want the price to stay low. Iā€™m the poorest rich guy in the neighborhood because every time I find a spare couple of hundred dollars in my bank account I canā€™t help but buy more shares. I only have a few months before retirement so I want the stock price to stay down until, at least, July. I donā€™t plan on needing to sell any soon after that, but I wonā€™t care if the stock takes off after 2Q earnings report. Iā€™ll have no dry powder after that. šŸ¤žšŸ‘
Sponsored