NJRE pointing out the obvious, yet so many people IRL are deliberately ignorant!!! https://youtu.be/tfihgsJOiD0

Kinevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
,Model 3, IONIC 5, Model Y
Occupation
USN
Country flag
It’s pretty disappointing at the amount of people i speak to IRL that are deliberately ignorant of the fact that Ford lightning as trailing behind Cybertruck. Like the fact that another “Truck Guy” spells it out. Not trying to bash Ford, being that the real idea is converting to more sustainable energy and keep the performance up, but during the last couple of weeks discussion, …why are so many people ignoring the obvious?
Sponsored

Deleted member 3884

My guess is, I could be right or wrong.
That Ford made the Lightning cool by having it behind the President when he was talking about the Gov. building EV charging stations. When Transportation Department talks about EVs bringing new jobs, there is a picture of the Ford Lightning. Also people that have the brand loyalty to Ford. They always bought Fords and they always will buy Fords.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I've commented on this video before. This guy is so biased towards Tesla that no one should really take anything he says seriously. This does not mean that everything he says is wrong. What it says is that his pro Tesla bias is so blatant that he has no credibility.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I've commented on this video before. This guy is so biased towards Tesla that no one should really take anything he says seriously. This does not mean that everything he says is wrong. What it says is that his pro Tesla bias is so blatant that he has no credibility.
He lists the characteristics he is comparing. What is wrong with the list?

What info in the list is wrong?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've commented on this video before. This guy is so biased ...
And yet, this is called an ad hominem fallacy.

If there was something wrong with his argument, you'd say so, right?

The Lightning does many things right, and several things wrong. And Ford does not have the battery capacity to make enough Mach-Es, let alone a million Lightnings.

The biggest thing that makes me doubt it is the lack of a aero hood. The thing is more of a brick than a semi. It gains nothing for safety with that massive nose.

-Crissa

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Well among other things in comparing price he neglects to mention that the lightening price includes their DC fast charger which will charge at nearly twice the rate of the best Tesla home charger and is, in addition, two way.

But that's not the point. Most of us who have been around a while learn to spot bias like this bloke's (he certainly isn't trying to hide it) and take what people like him say with a grain of salt. Would you regard a report by the tobacco industry to the effect that cigarettes are not harmful as reliable?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The biggest thing that makes me doubt it is the lack of a aero hood. The thing is more of a brick than a semi. It gains nothing for safety with that massive nose.

-Crissa
I agree with the aero statement. But what do you mean about safety? Any time you take away the engine and all those heavy objects under a hood, it gives more crumple zone and increases safety.
Are you thinking of driving around with a collection of Samurai swords in the frunk?:eek::D

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well among other things in comparing price he neglects to mention that the lightening price includes their DC fast charger which will charge at nearly twice the rate of the best Tesla home charger and is, in addition, two way.
This statement is not based on any evidence.

aka, it's wrong.

I agree with the aero statement. But what do you mean about safety? Any time you take away the engine and all those heavy objects under a hood, it gives more crumple zone and increases safety.
The height of the nose creates a blindspot and is more likely to overrun than crumple in accidents.

The Cybertruck has the same lack of components in the front (well, they put the AC up there) but does not include that big square trunk that's just going to float above a collision.

In real crash situations we're going to see the Lightning's nose pop open and puke its contents onto whoever they crush.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

aka, it's wrong.

The height of the nose creates a blindspot and is more likely to overrun than crumple in accidents.

The Cybertruck has the same lack of components in the front (well, they put the AC up there) but does not include that big square trunk that's just going to float above a collision.

In real crash situations we're going to see the Lightning's nose pop open and puke its contents onto whoever they crush.

-Crissa
Oh, you're comparing safety between Cybertruck and Lightning. I was thinking Lightning to ICE F150.:oops:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Are you thinking of driving around with a collection of Samurai swords in the frunk?:eek::D
Ok, now you have ME thinking of this. If I start now maybe I can get everything ready by the time my CT comes.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Oh, you're comparing safety between Cybertruck and Lightning. I was thinking Lightning to ICE F150.:oops:

Most full-size ICE trucks have hoods so large & high that there is a much larger blind spot for the driver which increases risk to pedestrians especially children.
On ICE truck a lot of the large & high hood is unavoidable because of the engine being in front.

Ford with the F-150 Lightning retained the hood mostly for the sake of fashion (and store club clubs) to the continued sacrifice of safety & needless waste of energy.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag

aka, it's wrong.

-Crissa
I have to admit, I have begun to enjoy your commentary. I stifle my commentary because I am uncomfortable being a fan boy, despite my best efforts, I am for Tesla. I am glad Ford is offering E.V. versions of their vehicles. Still, I recognize their efforts as posturing and brand marketing, not support of electrification. I do not see their effort as serious or considered. I used to prefer older Ford and Dodge for their support of self maintenance and modification. My observation over the last 30 years is that legacy automakers have all moved to planned obsolescence for profit not quality. Ford's offerings of E.V. shows me they plan to continue profit over quality.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
The Achilles Heal on the Ford system will be batteries. Their cost, availability & range, on all these aspects the Lightening will sink Ford Motors. ROI for Ford will be minimal just to say "Oh, look at me I'm an electric compliance car". This is gonna leave a mark. See ya Ford. Might as well tie a millstone around ya neck and swim the river.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Here is the biggest issue with Tesla. Lack of marketing. They have gained their market share mostly from word of mouth, but if you ask most people if they heard of the cybertruck they would look at you funny.

Ask people if they know what an F150 is, and they nod.

Ford has come out both barrels blazing on the Thunderbolt. Even getting endorsements from POTUS nonetheless. They are coming to win this electric pickup war.

Telsa announced the CT in 2019 and then pretty much crickets, save a few breadcrumbs for the tesla fanboys. They have wasted years of potential marketing and getting them in as a house hold name.

If they wanna win the truck wars, you need to get some skin in the game. It won't matter if they have the best batteries or anything if no one knows about it.
Sponsored