Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
If the CT stays the same price you better swoop one up as fast as possible. With how much the world economy has changed over the last couple years I can’t imagine how they can keep the price points advertised for long unless they discover some major manufacturing efficiencies with this unique design.
I honestly believe it will stay same price. Elon is competent and competitive. He has and still does motivate. I believe it’ll be standard to let competition no he’s not playing around. And…. I also believe there could be more. Having as many reservations that Tesla has for the CT, they are in control. Period.
?
Sponsored

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would agree that I don't need the gimmicks. I enjoyed seeing the Rivian tank turn but didn't see it as so useful in normal situations.

When Elon made the comment about 4-wheel steering, I looked through the responses and found this:

Seeing option D in the tweet, really got me thinking. The idea of a spin turn could be really helpful in situations where you come to a dead end. Or out in offroad situations where things get tight. Or in a variety of movie scenarios that I won't be doing personally. Not sure that option D would truly be possible with CT. Seems like the tires would need to have a really sharp turn ability. But if that were a feature of the CT it would truly kick Rivian's ass.
It would be amazing. Really. He thought this through and in my opinion, he waited until he knew it was just right. I’m excited. Please be standard on our CT’s

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I honestly believe it will stay same price. Elon is competent and competitive. He has and still does motivate. I believe it’ll be standard to let competition no he’s not playing around. And…. I also believe there could be more. Having as many reservations that Tesla has for the CT, they are in control. Period.
?
I want to believe the price will stay the same as well, just like how reservation holders got theirs for the preorder price and didn't have to pay the increase. However we also have to consider that if the costs from their suppliers go up enough, it might not be viable to give over a million customers the Cybertruck for the preorder price.

On the other hand, it's been over a year and a half since the unveiling and the preorder price has never increased and they've never prevented new preorders. That leads me to believe that the preorder price is still viable even if they started creating orders for deliveries today.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon just confirmed the Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. They are adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns and maneuver with high agility.
He added; "lots of other great things coming".

seeing is believing.......agree with Crissa, better not cost more

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I want to believe the price will stay the same as well, just like how reservation holders got theirs for the preorder price and didn't have to pay the increase. However we also have to consider that if the costs from their suppliers go up enough, it might not be viable to give over a million customers the Cybertruck for the preorder price.

On the other hand, it's been over a year and a half since the unveiling and the preorder price has never increased and they've never prevented new preorders. That leads me to believe that the preorder price is still viable even if they started creating orders for deliveries today.
I think there is WAY enough interest made from previous reservations holders that even if some left , interest is still made and belongs to Tesla. Right? This interest keeps my interest, why? Cus it’s enough to keep price stable. This is purely cuz the CT is The most sought after vehicle of all time. This is a plus for us. Not a negative in my opinion. Also, no marketing is also a plus for us as well as Tesla. Checks and balances.

Ok. I’m ready Crissa:)

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
------------------------

Driving ability & parking are not only advantages.

No trailer & tight street corners

towing trailer & tight street corners

towing trailer & backup

towing trailer & highway speed lane change

---------------

As my pretend buddy of mine (hi, Harry/Clint) & one of the nation's great philosopher said
"Man's gotta know his limitations"

Not all streets (or lanes) are the same width and corner angles can be greater than 90 degree.
Turning corners, on standard paved road at low speeds (1-5 mph), every front steer vehicle of wheelbase VB, overall length VL, vehicle width VW,
minimum turning circle VC, in start lane with width LW1, entering lane with LW2, corner angle CA has specific minimums.

It is Physics

Elon Musk on Twitter: "Physics is the law, everything else is a recommendation ...

Narrow lanes that barely accommodate a full-size F-150 truck is like a 3 lane highway to a Mazda Miata sports car.
It is many times worse when full-size truck is towing trailer.

The best drivers can regularly and easily operate vehicle to it's limits but there are still limits. even for the best drivers.

The majority of people who are average drivers will take longer to perform task, need more effort, sometimes meet best case operation but also sometimes make damaging mistakes.

Unless you never drive to new places you can not know if you will NOT encounter a low speed narrow road corner situation that exceeds the physics of the road & your vehicle. In general, the wider & longer the vehicle the more of these situations that are possible no matter how good the driver.

Also are you from Lake Wobegon where all the drivers are above average?

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Theres a good chance Tesla is confident the incentives will pass, and because of that can now add features at no cost to the customer?
That is probably how Tesla is thinking; tax incentive is their money to do whatever they want with it. Granted with current demand for their products, that is effectively what will happen but “My” tax incentive goes to do what it was meant to; “reduce” the price of an EV for me so that it is “more affordable”. If Tesla increases their prices to add my tax incentive money to their profit margin, the sale will go somewhere else no matter how much I like CT. If they bump up CT2 by $10K and keep the CT1 price the same, I may drop down a trim.

It really is very 'Elon like' to do this kind of thing so none of us should be too surprised. For rear-wheel steering can they use the same casting and parts as on the front if they get steer-by-wire?
You made me realize the rear steering was most likely decided before IDRA got the order for casting machine so Elon had a lot of time to share this. He is just having fun with us. You know how you like watching your fish going nuts when you feed them after they starve for a while? This site is like a pond full of starving fish. We must be providing a lot of entertainment.

And i want a dash of Rivian
in bed full-size spare is my favorite part of R1T.

Now I look forward to laying on my back, underneath my Cybertruck, trying to figure out how it works...
If the rear wheel is drive by wire, you may have to get on your computer and look at the code to see how it works and hope that a bug in the code does not decide to make a U turn in the middle of highway.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
For everyone worried about more parts and added complexity, I volunteer to take delivery of mine earlier than you to make sure it works. Just have your people talk to my people.
My people reply no way to your people.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Pessimist view: quad steering added in case of side impact. The truck will still drive straight with an over the air update, ?

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
Can’t wait to see some action videos demonstrating this new feature! Would love to see the CT go up the road to the Silver Star Trailhead in Washington state to get to Ed’s trail. Most people don’t approach that way because of the rough road or park below the Trailhead since the road is in such bad condition. The fun part is going out and testing the features and seeing what it can do in the real world scenarios I am going to be taking it into. Can’t wait to get mine...
I am just hoping it will fit in my single car garage ok so I don’t have to move.
I live in Battle Ground, so we can both meet up at the trailhead and thrash that hike. I can’t wait to show off in front of the good old boys from Amboy and yacolt. I’m for sure gonna hit the hard ones up by sunset falls

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
I’m excited about this news. I cannot speculate on what exactly will become of it. When I watched some videos of it turning I wanted to know what it’s curb to curb turn radius really is. When I go out hunting, those logging roads get narrow, not having to make a 50 point turn would be great…my F-350 has to back down those roads most of the time. Rear wheel steering could make my over landing trailer more useful in the really tuff spots.
My other hope is a winch spot front and rear…. Because if you get a CT stuck, your really stuck..

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Competent driver is more competent with better tools. It's no excuse to not use better tools.

-Crissa
Exactly, I'm all for this feature being added, especially if it proves to be practically applied and not a party trick. I've gotten my truck into some goofy off-road situations that would have been easily remedied by a tank turn or being able to aim my butt better.

The other thing to remember is that the CT is being designed to be pretty autonomous for the most part. Having this level of control given to AP for things like parking, summon and normal driving will probably be insanely versatile.

Depending how the linkage and torque vectoring works a tank turn is totally possible, I'm really curious to the Tesla solution to that, if they even want to make it happen.
Sponsored