Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please)

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
From Eletritek Link includes short video from construction site. Just the ramp here.

Tesla Cybertruck Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please) Tesla-Cybertruck-bed
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just hope that Tesla steps up their QC on the Cybertruck. They need to copy Audi which is known for tight panel tolerances and near perfect panel alignment. I understand this a concept vehicle but the misaligned panels really stood out when viewing the truck in person.
From what I understand, vehicles coming out of the newer facility in China are much better than the ones out of Fremont. The Tera Texas line should yield similar results. Of course. This is a whole new process so who knows.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Look at all the space on the dashboard for solar panels!
I thought about that too......you have to be an orangutan with long arms to be able to reach to the front to clean that windshield.....lots of wasted space IMO....but, I am sure 3rd party guys will fill it in

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
From what I understand, vehicles coming out of the newer facility in China are much better than the ones out of Fremont. The Tera Texas line should yield similar results. Of course. This is a whole new process so who knows.
The Shanghai plant has two QC checks at the end of the line. Customers in other parts of the world won't tolerate QC issues like Americans do. Final fit and finish is top notch on vehicles coming out of China.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Shanghai plant has two QC checks at the end of the line. Customers in other parts of the world won't tolerate QC issues like Americans do. Final fit and finish is top notch on vehicles coming out of China.
Fremont is Tesla's beta factory and beta production line. It was bodged together using an existing facility by a green behind the ears team. Shanghai is Factory 1.0. Tera Texas and Giga Berlin are Factory 1.01. We may see much better results out of Texas than Fremont.

Or... maybe you are right and Tesla is just phoning it in in the US. We'll see soon enough. I know the cars coming out of Fremont are better now than when they were just rolling the Model 3 off the line. Even since the Model Y was launched, things have tightened up a bit.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I keep thinking, when traffic is heavy, when I’m really busy. I keep thinking I’ll see a cyber truck go by and won’t work able to stop and see it or get a picture to share.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Whatever fit and trim issues Cybertruck exhibits none will be judged as harshly as function, engineering and reliability. I welcome gaps, offsets and quicks of assembly in exchange for getting back to a real truck service duty, offroad capability and reliable service life.

Cybertruck will be judged on future upgradability, enhancement and expanded utilitarian value more than whether its plastic trim is flush, door gaps are consistent or paper dash patina changes with time.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The stormy sky, color of dirt and that reflective steel surface is a killer combo. It is like in every environment, you have a completely new truck. CT will never get old.
And you'll have the perfect halloween prop every single year.

Tesla Cybertruck Real Life Cybertruck Photos Compilation (No renders please) BKP4DD

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The stormy sky, color of dirt and that reflective steel surface is a killer combo. It is like in every environment, you have a completely new truck. CT will never get old.
Would be great to see the CT parked next to an ICE truck to get an idea of the scale.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Would be great to see the CT parked next to an ICE truck to get an idea of the scale.
No difference in scale.

Cybertruck (crew cab with 6.5ft bed) is almost exactly the same overall size (length, width, height) as one of the most popular classes of ICE pickup trucks on the roads (Ford F-150 crew cab with 5.5ft bed, GMC/Chevy Sierra/Silverado crew cab with 5.5ft bed, RAM 1500 crew cab with 5.5ft bed).

At the Cybertruck reveal Elon said specifically that Cybertruck (crew cab with 6.5ft bed) would have almost exactly the same overall size (length, width, height) as ICE pickup truck Ford F-150 crew cab with 5.5ft bed.
Sponsored

Last edited: