Amphibious Cybertruck

Which would you like as an option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 3316

Imagine to your hearts content.

How is this actually going to work?
How would these accessories integrate into Cybertruck?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Technically you might want 'both'. Inflatable pontoons would keep the body of the truck higher in the water and allow a stable platform between uses of the hydrofoils.

The bigger problem would be how to add these things so they don't cause drag on land. Maybe give up the space in the wings and frunk to hold the pontoons?

-Crissa

OP
OP

Deleted member 3316

Probably need more air that I'd want to wait through the standard compressor.

-Crissa
I was thinking both a blower and the onboard compressor.
If designed well there should be enough room to store deflated pontoons in a running board box.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3316

Technically you might want 'both'. Inflatable pontoons would keep the body of the truck higher in the water and allow a stable platform between uses of the hydrofoils.

The bigger problem would be how to add these things so they don't cause drag on land. Maybe give up the space in the wings and frunk to hold the pontoons?

-Crissa
I think the Cybertruck should have enough inherent buoyancy to float on its own to enable a transition to foils. The wings/foils could double as a bumpers or store behind them.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
You forgot "converts to a submarine". Remember that little Lotus Esprit? :)

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You forgot "converts to a submarine". Remember that little Lotus Esprit? :)
Submerging will be easy… the hard bit will be getting it to come back up.
Perhaps that's why @fritter63 only mentioned converting "to" a submarine. If it's going to be permanently submerged there is no need to convert "back" to a land vehicle. This is a case where I would certainly prefer to have both features.

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
I think that the only problem with CT's buoyancy is the bed: unless you make it watertight, water will enter the bed pretty easily. However, a watertight tonneau cover and bed could make CT a potential submarine! all Teslas can be driven through water and the only problem is the air filter that gets destroyed in the process. Some smaller adjustment could really make CT an amphibious car

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think that the only problem with CT's buoyancy is the bed: unless you make it watertight, water will enter the bed pretty easily. However, a watertight tonneau cover and bed could make CT a potential submarine! all Teslas can be driven through water and the only problem is the air filter that gets destroyed in the process. Some smaller adjustment could really make CT an amphibious car
I'm pretty sure if the vault and cabin were watertight the Cybertruck would simply be a boat not a submarine.
Sponsored