Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Roboticist
Country flag
Then you would have to do fishing out the door window. How you going to get the sailfish in through such a small opening :)
Optimus fishing robot sitting on roof. You do your fishing from an app on the touchscreen just like you do now. Vault opens partially to allow your catch lowered inside, then recloses.

The REAL secret purpose of Optimus is to remove the icky hook?
Sponsored

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Elon owes this forum big time for those eternally waiting for their Cybertruck by having this alternative psychiatric therapy for their anxiety and neurosis.:p

You can even chart with their deepest fantasies on how far down their breakdown.;)

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Will you be using your Cybertruck's boat-like features, and in what way??

Just tweeted this morning by Elon Musk.

"Cybertruck will be waterproof enough to serve briefly as a boat, so it can cross rivers, lakes & even seas that arenā€™t too choppy"

Jan 16th 2024: Australian team member Simon Le Bon succeeds in first attempt at circumnavigating the globe in Cybertruck.

First Name
Grandma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
We just had a crazy amount of water here in Florida from a hurricane... I can see using this feature.
I truly believe you understand the intent. There have been many time due to hurricane flooding that cars, ice as they are, where not able to get out of Houston, Texas due due the flooding in the downtown arterial highways of Hwy 45, Hwy 59 and Hwy 10. While this post is seeing absurdities, I see HOPE as it will allow rescue opportunities for those in stranded areas like Pearland and the Hobby airport area. Thank you Elon. šŸ†˜ļø

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I truly believe you understand the intent. There have been many time due to hurricane flooding that cars, ice as they are, where not able to get out of Houston, Texas due due the flooding in the downtown arterial highways of Hwy 45, Hwy 59 and Hwy 10. While this post is seeing absurdities, I see HOPE as it will allow rescue opportunities for those in stranded areas like Pearland and the Hobby airport area. Thank you Elon. šŸ†˜ļø
Even if the vehicle owner did not drive into a flooded roadway a waterproof Cybertruck could make a huge reduction in flood damage costs and owner mobility.

In U.S. most homes and businesses are sited at road level or higher. When these areas are flooded the on street parking, driveways and parking lots are usually flooded first and reach damaging heights ( 8"-18", 2ft, 3ft and up) sooner and for longer lengths of time. Parked vehicles might suffer damage before the buildings do. Any parked waterproof Cybertrucks will have higher chance of surviving the flood event with no or little damage.

Result is many fewer people needing to make an insurance claim. One less thing for Cybertruck owners to be stressed out about and insurance companies that saved money. Owner able to use Cybertruck immediately after flood waters recede where others vehicle owners might have no way to get around because their vehicles suffered severe flood damage.

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Is a Flooded Car Considered a Total Loss by Insurance Companies?
By: Alex Perrone, Director of Claims at Endurance Dealer Services. Worked in the automotive service industry for over 20 years.
https://www.endurancewarranty.com/l...-car-considered-total-loss-insurance-company/

if water rises 6-inches to a foot above the ground, this very well could be considered enough to be totaled.

This is because if water gets to the engine compartment or the interior, a lot of parts and key components will be too damaged to drive safely. Itā€™s important to know that your engine, transmission, and drive trains are particularly vulnerable. The worst thing could be water flooding your fuel, brake, and power steering systems. Generally speaking, anything what uses its own fluids is in danger of flood waters leaking in and diluting key fluids.

A lot of the most severe damages will be visible but there could still be mechanical issues that are not naked to the eye, even after the car has mostly dried out. This unseen damage could lead to your car potentially needing significant repairs. Even still a lot of mechanics are hesitant to fix flooded cars since the damage could be expensive and certain issues canā€™t be fully remedied.

The first thing to remember is to not start up a flooded car! If you donā€™t take our word for it, be aware that this is typical advice from ASE certified mechanics, AAA, and even the National Auto Dealers Association. If you have roadside assistance, call them and get a tow! Otherwise, have your car insurance company can handle it, as they will most likely be handling the damage of the vehicle from there.

Is Your Car Considered a Total Loss From a Flood?
Some flooded cars give off obvious signs, such as bad wiring or rust. If you found yourself driving or parking in a flood, you need to have a mechanic check your car. This remains true even after it dries out. Far too many issues that water causes to cars are not so obvious. Many flood-damaged cars seem perfectly ok driving but unfortunately, your carā€™s reliability takes a hit. Water-damaged cars tend to fail ahead of their time.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Even if the vehicle owner did not drive into a flooded roadway a waterproof Cybertruck could make a huge reduction in flood damage costs and owner mobility.

In U.S. most homes and businesses are sited at road level or higher. When these areas are flooded the on street parking, driveways and parking lots are usually flooded first and reach damaging heights ( 8"-18", 2ft, 3ft and up) sooner and for longer lengths of time. Parked vehicles might suffer damage before the buildings do. Any parked waterproof Cybertrucks will have higher chance of surviving the flood event with no or little damage.

Result is many fewer people needing to make an insurance claim. One less thing for owners stressed out about and insurance companies that saved money. Owner able to use Cybertruck immediately after flood waters recede where others vehicle owners might have no way to get around because their vehicles suffered severe flood damage.
Yesā€¦ agree, but if the flood water is above the door to your truck, how watertight the cab is wonā€™t matter, you canā€™t use it. You also donā€™t want to leave it in the flood waters because the seals will eventually fail.

Moral of the story: Park your car on high ground if itā€™s flooding!

I know sometimes flood waters are very short term/ temporary and having a wet interior is much better than having no car at all! Itā€™s way better.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Would'nt it be simpler and less burden to one's sanity just not to live in Texas? :unsure:

And yes, I'm not from California nor New York.:p

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Would'nt it be simpler and less burden to one's sanity just not to live in Texas? :unsure:

You obviously haven't been to a beach before or have seen the ocean.... ;) ;)

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Not just Texas!! Some of worst areas for frequent severe flooding in the U.S. are Florida, towns/cities in states along the Mississippi river (Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, etc).

--------------------------------

Floods in the United States (2000ā€“present)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floods_in_the_United_States_(2000ā€“present)

In Hurricane Barry's wake, here are the worst floods in American history
By John Harrington of 24/7 Wall Street
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/weather/2019/07/17/worst-floods-in-american-history/39692839/

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Not just Texas!! Some of worst areas for frequent severe flooding in the U.S. are Florida, towns/cities in states along the Mississippi river (Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, etc).

Floods in the United States (2000ā€“present)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floods_in_the_United_States_(2000ā€“present)

In Hurricane Barry's wake, here are the worst floods in American history
By John Harrington of 24/7 Wall Street
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/weather/2019/07/17/worst-floods-in-american-history/39692839/

And the question, why are they even allowed to build on them?

I seem to recall reading about this warning more than a decade ago.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm actually looking forward to having a beachfront property once California separates from the mainland. :eek:
After having 2 minor earthquakes recently, thinking about ā€œThe Big Oneā€ up here in the PNW more. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll be beach front or be underwater myself.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yesā€¦ agree, but if the flood water is above the door to your truck, how watertight the cab is wonā€™t matter, you canā€™t use it. You also donā€™t want to leave it in the flood waters because the seals will eventually fail.

Moral of the story: Park your car on high ground if itā€™s flooding!

I know sometimes flood waters are very short term/ temporary and having a wet interior is much better than having no car at all! Itā€™s way better.
But it's always better for the vehicle to resist as much as it can, because floods can't always be predictable. Water mains burst, hills slip, river crests and storm surges join or hit when you can't get there.

I remember a friend who moved and a hurricane hit while all their stuff was in shipping containers- which ended up under water. You don't always have control.

-Crissa

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
But it floats. So you might not have water damage from the flood, but what about the cost of having it removed from the livingroom of the house down the hill. :)
Sponsored