firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
But it floats. So you might not have water damage from the flood, but what about the cost of having it removed from the living room of the house down the hill. :)

Not likely. Might find it on the neighbors roof though like some boats are found :)

Hmm, can a roof support weight of Cybertruck?
OK, you might have a point. It might wind up in the living room after sinking through the roof.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
If anything, if the CT comes with some water propulsion it should navigate itself via water mod FSD to higher ground and avoid parking on roofs. Marine navigation shouldn't be to hard to implement.

But wouldn't the CT become your "safe room" in a hurricane and flood situations? You just need to board up your steel ball proof windows a bit, and then just sit it out in there. My experience in storms has been that other peoples places tend to land in my backyard, not the other way around, so being in a CT when it gets rough and can float, seems like a good idea.

Just make sure to charge it full beforehand and you will even have some power for the home if its not that bad, and only the power goes out.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I truly believe you understand the intent. There have been many time due to hurricane flooding that cars, ice as they are, where not able to get out of Houston, Texas due due the flooding in the downtown arterial highways of Hwy 45, Hwy 59 and Hwy 10. While this post is seeing absurdities, I see HOPE as it will allow rescue opportunities for those in stranded areas like Pearland and the Hobby airport area. Thank you Elon. 🆘️
Thank you. Cybertruck is going to be much more than just another pickup. Water or not, this isn't going to be your Grandma's Cybertruck.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Thank you. Cybertruck is going to be much more than just another pickup. Water or not, this isn't going to be your Grandma's Cybertruck.
Elon has lit the Cyber memes.

tl;dr memes below.

███████████████████████████████████

A Cyber lawn chair is not among Tesla Cybertruck offerings. First principles “no part is best part” — Tesla is no Walmart. Maybe it ships Cybertruck with a standard fitting to hold a dipnet, umbrella or fishpole. C-doo not included.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 1BDB4A3E-3AE6-441F-938F-3517917DAB94

Mythbusters could outboard mount a “Johnson” to Cybertruck‘s hitch and drive into history or infamy. It’ll probably just troll protected waters, a dive location, as a permanent reef exhibit in perpetuity - just in case it sinks. Speaking of cases…
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 7B8E626C-28E0-4A77-8F5F-8B02BE8F62C0

For good fun two wet brews: a black beer ”name undecided“(ala Death&Taxes) in event Cybertruck sinks. And a light beer ”unnamed”(ala Stella Artois)in event it swims. And for the cyberdry, a lovely collection of Italian “Fun&Sun”spritzers, non-alcoholic because how can a Cybertruck event be, err, boring. All reusable, refillable brewpacks ‘cuz that’s how Cybertruckers recharge. Technically, all non-alcoholic brew come in bottles. Bottles that fit the Cybertruck built-in octo-coosie chilled drink holders. I’ll be packing the dark stuff and the light if Stella Artois allows Tesla its non-US Gluten Free “Especiale”. It’ll float your boat.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 11D6ECC2-71D9-4BC2-B28F-9407980E86B1
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 B810B15B-788E-403A-88E5-355B9A8D6580

Tesla s/b commemorating, commissioning two bottle opener ocean sandals, flip or flop, with non-slip Cybersole. Flop a Lightning on the sole. Flip the CT fliptop tent version embossed in footbed. I’ll wear a Lightning size 11.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 13C594FC-4CE3-455C-A932-9273DF12464A

A Cyberboard hydrofoil named “Just in Case”. Very cool. Gotta learn before the Cybertruck adds foils.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 8ECCA4B9-C8B2-4527-BC52-08F3C3C214FA

Aspirational enhancements to power Cybertruck offshore in a future “First to Catalina” are thrusters. Draco electro-thrusters by SpaceX would dualuse Cybertruck. No Quad, give me DracoCybertruck!
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 9A813496-72AE-45AB-8F8B-65AC8B72E846

An Elon Musk must-have is in the works probably a 10th Anniversary Edition Hyro Cybertruck. I’ll upgrade to 165nautical mi. batterypack and Cyber RIB inflatable wheelwells.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 4EFF019D-08EF-4706-97A7-5C9C2F88940F

The last image is a “go”. Inflatable RIBs, centerline hard chine on the batterypack enables dual use wet and dry w/Draco’s.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 143750D9-294A-4406-8BE9-0AFCD1093FA0

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 CD6D5342-AB99-4091-B9FA-7F18E6563327

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If anything, if the CT comes with some water propulsion it should navigate itself via water mod FSD to higher ground and avoid parking on roofs. Marine navigation shouldn't be to hard to implement.

But wouldn't the CT become your "safe room" in a hurricane and flood situations? You just need to board up your steel ball proof windows a bit, and then just sit it out in there. My experience in storms has been that other peoples places tend to land in my backyard, not the other way around, so being in a CT when it gets rough and can float, seems like a good idea.

Just make sure to charge it full beforehand and you will even have some power for the home if its not that bad, and only the power goes out.
007 Movie, where all havoc breaks loose... .. As the movie ends :

'Wheres Bond ?"

Camera pans to a submarine or whatever it was, and there he is, sitting back, sipping champagne with a beautiful woman,

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think I’d feel better in my Cybertruckboat if the tailgate were closed. I know it’s not watertight, but you would be at least temporarily a bit more buoyant with it closed. I’d probably go further and add some rubber seals so it would give that extra bit of boatiness for a little longer.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think I’d feel better in my Cybertruckboat if the tailgate were closed. I know it’s not watertight, but you would be at least temporarily a bit more buoyant with it closed. I’d probably go further and add some rubber seals so it would give that extra bit of boatiness for a little longer.
According to my calculations the bottom of the tailgate will be sitting on the waterline. If you stop the propulsion suddenly the water will come into the back with the tailgate down.

Hence my comment about having no door handles a while ago, so the lock can pull the doors shut tight against the seals, and that a powered frunk and tailgate would do the same. That or inflatable seals.

gc2488

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
software engineer
Country flag
We'd like to use Cybertruck's amphibious features in southern Utah, such as around Lake Powell and big rivers, to drive in for fun and exploration and to cross rivers down in areas with Jeep trails.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Number 4 on my list I believe.
I'm so glad EM follows my posts.

At least we all now know why the CT will have "Sail storage" bins. Ahoy captain! All aboard! 🤣

I'm currently working out the waterline before I go to bed...This news actually made my day. Lol. What a kid. :rolleyes:
here we come James Bond.........

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
We'd like to use Cybertruck's amphibious features in southern Utah, such as around Lake Powell and big rivers, to drive in for fun and exploration and to cross rivers down in areas with Jeep trails.
Pretty soon, we're gonna turn this into a Submarine. The Cybersub, of course.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Been watching Matt’s Off Road Recovery a bunch lately.

Lake beds seem to be a popular place to get stuck lately. Apparently it’s very tempting to roll out onto the big expanses of dried up mud only to discover it’s a lot softer than it looks.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Been watching Matt’s Off Road Recovery a bunch lately.

Lake beds seem to be a popular place to get stuck lately. Apparently it’s very tempting to roll out onto the big expanses of dried up mud only to discover it’s a lot softer than it looks.
As a kid, I lived on a sand spit surrounded by tidal sands on one side and tidal muds on the other. It was very common for people to park where underground streams would come out of the sand - invisible from a car - and then their car would slowly (or sometimes, quickly).

The muds, on the other hand, would hide spots where the ground was softer. Usually where organics from plants had collected and be a little more buoyant. If they dry on the top, you can't see the sumps. The weight of the vehicle will break the crust and fall in.

There was this spot that was there for so very long - ATV tracks in the mud would last for years. They banned them when I was a kid, and the birds came back and the more annoying tourists stopped coming. More tourists in total, though. Anyhow, there was one spot in the mud flats where these deep tracks wound their way out from the shore, and about a hundred yards out, not quite to one of the softer channels, there was a square hole. Where the ATV got stuck and sank into the mud.

-Crissa
Sponsored