Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Many times I park close or under trees at work. I know how sun baked on bird droppings can be difficult to clean from paint. Is stainless easier to keep bird crap cleaned or more difficult? Especially the birds who have visited the mulberry trees?
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Many times I park close or under trees at work. I know how sun baked on bird droppings can be difficult to clean from paint. Is stainless easier to keep bird crap cleaned or more difficult? Especially the birds who have visited the mulberry trees?
Depending on the finish of the stainless.... paint is probably a smoother finish and should clean easier... however bird droppings are very acidic. This etches the paint and allows proteins to form bonds with the carbon in the paint making bird poop very difficult to remove once it has been on the paint for a bit.
I think stainless should be easier because you can use harsher chemicals and methods.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yeah, you can use alcohol on stainless steel with no problems, which means bird droppings pose no trouble.

-Crissa
One of many reasons I ordered a CT as soon as Elon said it would be stainless steel. And of course when he said it would be 3mm it was a slam dunk because no more door dings from soccer moms (I have watched several hit my car and walk away so this isn't pure prejudice).

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Did someone say alcohol? I like alcohol. Just my body isn't a fan any more. Visits to the mulberry tree notwithstanding, I assure you, Cybertruck will be just fine.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I am planning on parking under a giant tree by my driveway and feeding the birds mixed berries so they make a tie-dye poo pattern on the hood. Then I will make an NFT art out of it. Sell it for $80k and pay off the truck. Then I will use my pressure washer, after a presoak of course, and blast the bird dung to smithereens.

Realizm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Computer Science
Country flag
Just pressure wash it. I have a small electric pressure washer I’ve used to clean stainless steel rigging for my boat many times over the years as a lobsterman. Seagulls are constantly shitting on the boat. If it’s true that the CT has no mirrors and the windows are near bullet proof then you don’t even have to worry about being super careful with a lower powered pressure washer.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Living in California we had a car wash that specialized in steam to try to conserve water use. But the problem is that even the steam couldn't handle the hearty baked on bird turds. So they scrubbed it off with a rag. Well as you can imagine the grit in that poop did a number to the paint and that was the last time I used the low water steam service.

Double Dare Fan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Kia Soul
Occupation
etsy.com/PlatonicWoodWorks
Country flag
Birds eat sand. That's (probably most likely) why scrubbing off bird droppings causes scratches.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Birds eat sand. That's (probably most likely) why scrubbing off bird droppings causes scratches.
I hadn't thought of that, since the stones in their gizzard are usually coughed up, but it makes sense some would go all the way down.

I usually wet a cloth with solvent (usually water) and let it lay atop the stain and soak in before wiping off lightly (and squishily).

-Crissa
Sponsored