What is this on Cybertruck's rear wheel?

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Lars has a new video out that covers market and production dynamics of Cybertruck and F-150 Lightning and at 18:24 in the video there is what looks like a Tesla supplied image of the Cybertruck with what looks like something big stuck to the right rear wheel. Does anyone know what it is? I think it's a frame grab from video so maybe it's a large bird the truck almost ran over.

Ford and the others are FORCE to produce more EV’s | Demand cliff & Osborne effect !!! - YouTube

Anyway, this is a good video that covers some important dynamics as EV trucks start rolling out. Worth watching (and subscribing as Lars 'gets it' while the mainstream media continues to fail). This EV transition is exposing the media for the dinosaurs they are to many people who were previously unaware just how screwed up your corporate news is.

But what's that object on the rear wheel? Maybe someone is familiar with the source video that would explain the mystery?
Sponsored

OP
OP
HaulingAss

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Video is for members only. Any way you can post of screenshot of what you are referring to?
Yeah, sorry about that! I thought Lars made his member's only videos available to all after a few hours but maybe some of them are permanently exclusive. Here's a screen clip:

Tesla Cybertruck What is this on Cybertruck's rear wheel? 1637739547751

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
just looks like weird lighting and angle to me

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Yeah, sorry about that! I thought Lars made his member's only videos available to all after a few hours but maybe some of them are permanently exclusive. Here's a screen clip:

1637739547751.gif
Its the light reflecting off the edge of the angular hubcap at the top then the shadow of the hubcap blending with the silhouette of the rear bumper. Mountain.. meet mole hill. ?‍♂