Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Now, let's hear you hair-split that this is not a promise and just "hopes and aspirations" that we consumers and stockholders should not hold him accountable for these words as the CEO.
Well, 'we hope to have this by 2021' is a hope and a target, not a promise.

Which is my we have refundable reservations, not deposits on orders.

-Crissa

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
Well, 'we hope to have this by 2021' is a hope and a target, not a promise.

Which is my we have refundable reservations, not deposits on orders.

-Crissa
Now you are contorting, there is no "hope" when he said it "would make it to the market by the end of 2021."

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Anyone that takes forward looking statements as fact is naive. All forward looking statements are subject to change. They are not promises or pinkie swears. In the world of adults a promise is a contract. I suggest all the people that think Elon or Tesla promised a certain date should file a class action lawsuit and see if a court would actually hear their plea for relief. Grow up.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
For me personnally, in 2019 Tesla released statements saying that deliveries would start by the end of 2021. Whether that statement is a promise is immaterial. The fact is, if that was their intent, they had lots of actions that needed to be carried out in order for that to happen. We, (reservation holders, and the public) have not been communicated with, or shown in any way, that Tesla has been working towards accomplishing that goal. What really nails this home for me is that here we are 26 months after Tesla made that statement with no finished design specs. Not a finished design vehicle, but just the specs!

Chip shortages have NOTHING to do with the design specs.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
For me personnally, in 2019 Tesla released statements saying that deliveries would start by the end of 2021. Whether that statement is a promise is immaterial. The fact is, if that was their intent, they had lots of actions that needed to be carried out in order for that to happen. We, (reservation holders, and the public) have not been communicated with, or shown in any way, that Tesla has been working towards accomplishing that goal. What really nails this home for me is that here we are 26 months after Tesla made that statement with no finished design specs. Not a finished design vehicle, but just the specs!

Chip shortages have NOTHING to do with the design specs.
Therefore you made material choices based on those statements. So you have been wronged. Sue Tesla! Orrrrr. Slap yourself to snap yourself out of it. It sucks to wait but bellyaching about Tesla will not unchap your ass.

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I think the CT has issues beyond Elon. Inflation is a huge problem and supply chain. If I were in his shoes, I would not want to ramp up and then have issues. In order to keep the CT price competitive, Tesla needs manufacturing efficiency and a robust supply chain. That is not possible currently. During this period, Tesla can refine the manufacturing process and the base model and options. I think the CT will be the first Tesla with the most options. The options will help to keep the previous prices close to reality.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Therefore you made material choices based on those statements. So you have been wronged. Sue Tesla! Orrrrr. Slap yourself to snap yourself out of it. It sucks to wait but bellyaching about Tesla will not unchap your ass.
Dids I always value your opinion and comments. BTW I have absolutely no intention of sueing anybody. I'm not writing my opinions on here to unchap my ass. I waited almost a full day to calm down and voice my opinion without too much temperament. This is a public forum where people with like minds or desires congregate, mostly to express themselves. You are one of the people on here that I enjoy reading comments from the most. Sorry you don't like what I have to say, like others stated, I honestly do feel like walking away from this forum for awhile. Time will tell. It's just not much fun at this point, and it seems kinda pointless.

Monkchoi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 5Dr Wagon
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Country flag
And a business is a business. Sure, focusing on the CT would be sexy, but they are still tinkering with the design and it would be a terrible business decision to prioritize that over their high-demand money makers (3's and Y's).

Elon and Tesla made a grown-up decision and it was the correct one IMO. Around me (Dallas suburbs) about 3 years ago Teslas were a bit of a novelty. Now they are a car that you see at almost every stoplight. I cant remember the last time I took a drive, walked the dog, etc and didn't see a Tesla. That is a pretty impressive transformation in my book, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Frisco, TX seems to have the highest concentration of tesla drivers. Must be an HOA thing.

OP
OP

batufrommongolia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw m235i
Country flag
Anyone that takes forward looking statements as fact is naive. All forward looking statements are subject to change. They are not promises or pinkie swears. In the world of adults a promise is a contract. I suggest all the people that think Elon or Tesla promised a certain date should file a class action lawsuit and see if a court would actually hear their plea for relief. Grow up.
Big man's word is a big word, you have to be careful on your words when you are the most famous auto maker's CEO. Isn't this common sense? To your kids, you're a big man, when your kids want to go to Disney land, what would you say to your children? "In a month or so" and in 2 years still didn't book any ticket? GrowN up?

OP
OP

batufrommongolia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw m235i
Country flag
Man... why people now become this soft and when people hurt your feelings by broken his words, and you just keep kissing his A**? Is stepping back one of your habits? We, as a group of customers, need to become a union and give pressure to Tesla! we are hundreds of thousands of people, we should get together and let them get their job done! Rather than fighting for his ass, this only makes Tesla PR team happy and keep delaying our CT!

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Let's be real...there will not be a 40k or 50k cybertruck before incentives...cheapest will be 75k+... if that. How can a large truck made of stainless with air suspension..armored glass and rollable tonneau cover be cheaper than a MY LR, with a global output this year of almost 800k units this year. Stainless steel is crazy expensive
Sponsored