Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Silverado, Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With the number of people who are getting told... How many of the 200k orders were regular people? I doubt they'll get more than 40k this year, ore like 20k so...

It's just weird, the numbers they're saying reserved don't add up to the apparent ease of those converting.

-Crissa
I consider myself "regular". I placed my reservation during the reveal, I didn't even know or have a relationship with the dealer. I was in the first wave of order invites and used the online order procedure and the dealer accepted at MSRP.
I hope I'm as lucky when or IF the CT order invite comes along. I'm hoping to have both in my driveway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With the number of people who are getting told... How many of the 200k orders were regular people? I doubt they'll get more than 40k this year, ore like 20k so...

It's just weird, the numbers they're saying reserved don't add up to the apparent ease of those converting.

-Crissa
Maybe lots of people fell in love with the $40k and are Either holding out for that or are bailing due to actual price and dealer nonsense?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
IF I HAVE TO WAIT TWO YEARS FOR IT.
IF I HAVE TO WAIT THREE YEARS FOR IT.

IF I HAVE TO WAIT FOUR GODDAM YEARS ALREADY.

Skipper

First Name
A.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3 or 4 motor
Occupation
adjuster
Country flag
I need a minimum or 500 miles on a charge.
I ordered a three motor for this reason.
If it comes with four to achieve that mileage then no worries.
I'm hoping, and relatively certain, that the supercharger network will be more robust by the time the vehicle is produced.

S1d3w1nd3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, GMC Acadia, Ram 3500 Cummins
Country flag
Lack of adequate charging options (I live in Alberta, Canada)

- limited SC’s in AB, currently positioned along main corridors only, and designed for small vehicle access
- some current SC’s would be hard or impossible to access with a CT, especially with a trailer (i.e. Edmonton).
- I will not unhook a trailer to charge. SC locations need to be located at truck stops and rest areas with more room for turning around and charging with trailers.
- more charging options. Include front charge port with CCS connection. Use of an adapter limits charge speed significantly.
- more chargers needed, especially in rural areas. Rural people are truck owners and rural areas are were trucks go and tow.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
One step closer, Just got notified the Lighting is scheduled for production the week of 5/9/22
Hey that's great if they can maintain that schedule. When I said you would be lucky to get it by summer, I wasn't aware how low of a reservation number you had. Good job on that, maybe when you get your Cybertruck, you can make some direct comparisons for us.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am at ~ 46,146.....probably wont get CT until mid-2023......but with no info on final configuration, its like signing a blank check

I saw a couple o Rivian's yesterday in Irvine.....checked their website, not a bad looking truck....but want bigger battery....400 range is expected mid to end 2023

its really tough on which toy I want......CT 4-motor, with range unknown: Aptera with 400 mile or 600 mile range to the Rivian with maybe 400 mile range

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I am at ~ 46,146.....probably wont get CT until mid-2023......but with no info on final configuration, its like signing a blank check

I saw a couple o Rivian's yesterday in Irvine.....checked their website, not a bad looking truck....but want bigger battery....400 range is expected mid to end 2023

its really tough on which toy I want......CT 4-motor, with range unknown: Aptera with 400 mile or 600 mile range to the Rivian with maybe 400 mile range
When I saw a Rivian on the freeway recently, I was pleasantly surprised that the headlights looked alright in real life. The styling is pretty subtle, and it's hard to believe they are the world's fastest production pick-up. Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Just like the Tesla Plaid S & X they are sleepers.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Elon did say they had the most expensive joke in the world, models names form the word S3XY

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I thought he said "truck" also, but just assumed he was talking about R&D cost leading up to production.
Sponsored