Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
That charlatan made people pay for a plaid model s to tear it down then has the audacity to charge $150 for something they go entirely free and that there are thousands of?!
Are you trying to invent a new usage for the word charlatan?

DEFINITION FOR CHARLATAN (1 OF 1)
noun
  1. a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses; quack.
Sandy definitely isn’t pretending. And his claims of knowledge are of a knowledge he clearly fully possesses.

Charlatan tends to be seen as having a negative meaning. So if you are trying to say there is something wrong with what Sandy is doing with the rotor sale, I suppose that is your right. I just find your assertion to be incredibly simplistic and misdirected.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That charlatan made people pay for a plaid model s to tear it down then has the audacity to charge $150 for something they go entirely free and that there are thousands of?!
Hmm.

Yet you can enjoy his videos in spite of not paying him a dime.

This is one of the benefits of the whole patronage model. Those who are motivated enough and would like to help finance a thing can pay to make it happen and everyone benefits from that.

We are all enjoying the benefit of Sandy’s knowledge and skills even though many of us have not paid for that enrichment.

Some of us wanted that enough to contribute to make that happen.

Some of us might also want a chunk of that car that happens to look cool.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I find Sandy’s knowledge and abilities beyond reproach. So when I heard someone attaching him I assumed it was sarcasm. (Like calling Mother Theresa a greedy b____). Maybe my assumption was wrong. Why hasn’t someone invented a sarcasm font yet?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I find Sandy’s knowledge and abilities beyond reproach. So when I heard someone attaching him I assumed it was sarcasm. (Like calling Mother Theresa a greedy b____). Maybe my assumption was wrong. Why hasn’t someone invented a sarcasm font yet?
Comic Sans

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How do you think he affords the cars and the mechanics and engineers and marketing people if not by selling tchotchkes?

-Crissa

Deleted member 12457

My original comment was simply informational. I wasn't making a judgment on his cost. You need to proofread your comments a little better. It took me a couple reads to realize you meant a "Model S" instead of "models" but the big one was missing the "t" in "they go(t) entirely free". Munro was given the Model S Plaid (proper term for what they got) from Sabic, a company that "find(s) solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow." This is also what Munro & Associates does. As for Munro selling the rotor laminates, tell me where you can actually get these other than from Munro. They're a unique and groundbreaking piece of new technology, something that quite possibly will be powering all Teslas in the future and something no other company has.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
LOVE THAT!

MunroLive.com should title their store page tchotchkes.

Oooo. Tesla also.
Just realized tchotchkes is the correct spelling of a common word and NOT a cool mash up of "techno" and "chotchkes". Still cool, but not as cool as my less educated self (me an hour ago) thought.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just realized tchotchkes is the correct spelling of a common word and NOT a cool mash up of "techno" and "chotchkes". Still cool, but not as cool as my less educated self (me an hour ago) thought.
Techotchkes? Bet you can’t say that twice in a row.

Deleted member 12457

New Munro youtube video now available showing the deconstruction of the entire drive assembly. I was wondering if I could put a Tesla motor assembly in my 2013 Tacoma but after seeing what the Plaid motor is capable of, it would blow up my Tacoma the second you hit the pedal.

The magnet test showed the Plaid and Model Y magnets were much stronger than the old BMW and blew away the Mustang (should be called rocking horse). These motors in a CT with all the torque should blow away any of the EV trucks being proposed. I'm not worried about going 0-100 (kph, sounds better than 0-60) in 3 sec, especially at my age, I'm more worried about it going 300+ miles while towing a 5K-10K lb load, especially up a hill. I haven't watched the video of the R1T towing a trailer but I assume it sucked up battery power. My hope is the Plaid motor with 4680 LFP batteries will give us the power we all want to use it as a real truck, not just a sport utility vehicle.