alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
The minute mine arrives, it goes to a wrap shop.

So with lots of time to prepare, I'd love to have your appearance ideas. All I can think of is shiny silver.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
The minute mine arrives, it goes to a wrap shop.

So with lots of time to prepare, I'd love to have your appearance ideas. All I can think of is shiny silver. This was posted on another thread and I think it's the most beautiful look yet.
Can the steel just be polished shiny? If not I'm with you on the shiny wrap.
frontquartershiny-jpg.jpg

I gave it a try

Homestead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Diesel VW, F350, Prius Prime
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
600 emery cloth then jewelers rouge, a lot of time, and you can get a mirror finish on that baby. Looking forward to seeing that.

RalP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EB Ford Flex
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Purple 80’s grid design. Sort of a vapor wave graphic on the lower portion of the doors. Like one would have done to a foxbody mustang.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
600 emery cloth then jewelers rouge, a lot of time, and you can get a mirror finish on that baby. Looking forward to seeing that.
I have no experience with polishing metal, but I plan on doing this to my cybertruck. Is this the recommended method or just a method? Have you done it before? Do you think using a buffer will give it swirl marks?

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Go to your browser search window, type in: images stainless steel swirls or sometiong like that. Youtube probably has some videos also.
I remember seeing years ago, an old hot rod with the firewall done in a shiny swirl. Beautiful! Also, some very old classic cars had their instrument panels done in a swirl.

RalP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EB Ford Flex
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I polished an aluminum bike last year and it was a pain. (Not flat) aluminum is soft and polished well. Stainless is hard. I can’t imagine the pain it will be. It would be epic, but show any scratches obviously.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I polished an aluminum bike last year and it was a pain. (Not flat) aluminum is soft and polished well. Stainless is hard. I can’t imagine the pain it will be. It would be epic, but show any scratches obviously.
True, lots of work.... the good part though CT is flat panels so it will be easier. Plus it's supposed to be cold rolled so it should polish to mirror shine (from internet research )... I was planning on using alumicut and I am pretty sure 600 grit is too course. I guess I will get some SS and practice before I ruin my shiny baby

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am imagining how interesting it would be if people chose certain panels to polish.... The front "bumper" is my first thought.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Practice on a scrap sheet to determine if you like the finish and to determine how much work polishing will be.

I prefer my scarred and rough.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I am imagining how interesting it would be if people chose certain panels to polish.... The front "bumper" is my first thought.
I was thinking I would avoid doing mirror finish on directly flat panels... the sides look like they slope off and the tailgate too so that you dont blind others. Maybe it's a terrible idea...