Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Techotchkes?

?

-Crissa
I think "techno" and "chotchkes" make more sense as "technotchkes"?

I've seen a lot of technotchkes over the years.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Yeah, but the shorter word is what we use in Silicon Valley: Swag.

-Crissa
Yep. That is the accepted word. Except most swag isn't so techno-centric beyond the company name. A motor rotor seems like a different class of item than a Monroe and Associates hoodie.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is the Mode S motor video. Some cool details.

I love that they make the parts on these cars so interchangeable.
25% MORE PEAK TORQUE AND PEAK POWER! PATENTED!! (Rotor magnet/laminate stack) starting @ 20:10 in video.

Tesla keeps pushing the envelope and staying one step ahead!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
At my spouse's work, when they retired the data-center and went to the cloud, they took the old, out of date processors and embedded them in lucite and sent one to each of the developers responsible.

And last week, Nikki at transport Evolved had some earrings apparently made her friend (not wife) Kate that were 6800 processors. So heavy!

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
At my spouse's work, when they retired the data-center and went to the cloud, they took the old, out of date processors and embedded them in lucite and sent one to each of the developers responsible.

And last week, Nikki at transport Evolved had some earrings apparently made her friend (not wife) Kate that were 6800 processors. So heavy!

-Crissa
Way to show tech cred!

I have an old core memory board that I want to mount and put in a frame. Too big to wear.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is the Mode S motor video. Some cool details.

I love that they make the parts on these cars so interchangeable.

What I would like to see is someone put this motor in a test bench, something like this:

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I paid the $13 bucks to support the Plaid purchase.
Mostly cause I wanted a sticker. Them selling bits and pieces doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I'm sure it will make a lovely Hanukkah decoration.
But I AM of the opinion that Mother Theresa was a charlatan.
Some horrible things were done to people under her care.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa

Last edited:

Deleted member 12457

-Crissa
Haven't thought about doing anything with these chips other than keeping them in a box of old stuff but they are specialized network chips for early Macs that allowed them to use diskless booting. This was done in the early '90s well before Apple ever came out with any Macs that could do this. These were used for sensitive systems, allowing them to boot off a Mac server (it's been 30 years so don't remember exactly what kind of server) without any local hard drive. Those were the fun days. I don't think most people under 40 really appreciate how far computing systems have gone in the last thirty years. It's the same kind of revolution (ok, maybe evolution) EVs are making in the last five years.

Tesla Cybertruck Sandy Munro thinks Model S Plaid motor will be in Cybertruck IMG_7841

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Oh, man, I hated those! They were super-cheap and since servers were easily overloaded at the time, it was a single point of failure that drove me nuts. They were perfect for mixing desktop ability in a cheap, office setting. But execs were enamored with Microsoft's slick palm-greasing campaigns and server-client seemed so yesterday.

Now everything depends so heavily on the network almost every 'smart' devices breaks if the network stutters. If it can't be operated without a network, I'm not interested in it.

I was into PCs at the time. I didn't get really sucked into Macs until OSX 10.2 was just so much better at the command line than Windows XP that I made the jump.

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Techotchkes? Bet you can’t say that twice in a row.
I am suspicious of words with 5 consonants in a row. Probably Russian in origin.