Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Hit piece put up yeterday challenges whether Cybertruck even matters anymore. Lack of production amid all the fanfare that the Tesla design created is driving an argument in the article that Elon’s use of the vhicle has passed. Seen as a shot across the bow by OEM automakers Cybertruck was a call to action that EV was here and threatening to overtake OEM cash cows. Today the forward thinking company’s early promise has all but been eclipsed by start-up Rivian and OEM FORD. Cybertruck doesn’t even figure prominently in media earnings calls Elon just finished on its product roadmap.

It’s a hit piece instead, hanging “cult” moniker around the neck of the 1 million Cybertruck reservation holders who still hold onto the belief that they will drive the pickup any year now. The 2021 projected delivery pushed to 2022 now into early 2023 has the author of mind that Cybertruck accomplished all it was meant to, without so much as putting out a single roadworthy challenge. In sum, Cybertruck may just have nothing to offer further to Tesla than loyal followers of Elon Musk.

Hence the cult tag which feels like an industry shot at the stern of good ship Tesla for not even putting out, much less putting up even a fight. Personally, having seen “cult” tag before used against Apple founder SteveJobs Macintosh computer is a tell. Industry are scared. OEM’s are scared shitless that what happened before at Apple could be in-play with Cybertruck.

Take it as the valiation that it is.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Hit piece put up yeterday challenges whether Cybertruck even matters anymore. Lack of production amid all the fanfare that the Tesla design created is driving an argument in the article that Elon’s use of the vhicle has passed. Seen as a shot across the bow by OEM automakers Cybertruck was a call to action that EV was here and threatening to overtake OEM cash cows. Today the forward thinking company’s early promise has all but been eclipsed by start-up Rivian and OEM FORD. Cybertruck doesn’t even figure prominently in media earnings calls Elon just finished on its product roadmap.

It’s a hit piece instead, hanging “cult” moniker around the neck of the 1 million Cybertruck reservation holders who still hold onto the belief that they will drive the pickup any year now. The 2021 projected delivery pushed to 2022 now into early 2023 has the author of mind that Cybertruck accomplished all it was meant to, without so much as putting out a single roadworthy challenge. In sum, Cybertruck may just have nothing to offer further to Tesla than loyal followers of Elon Musk.

Hence the cult tag which feels like an industry shot at the stern of good ship Tesla for not even putting out, much less putting up even a fight. Personally, having seen “cult” tag before used against Apple founder SteveJobs Macintosh computer is a tell. Industry are scared. OEM’s are scared shitless that what happened before at Apple could be in-play with Cybertruck.

Take it as the valiation that it is.
it's just that - a hit piece - anyone with half a brain understands we went through a pandemic, it's related production impacts ie semiconductor chips, the literal invention of 4680 production and supply chain development for those same batteries, the development of the very crucial gigapress designed for the truck,
and finally the actual building of the factory for the truck itself.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Ford announced they would be making an electric truck at the Detroit Auto Show in January 2019 with testing following in summer 2019. Cybertruck reveal was November 2019. (Mustang Mach-E debut was November 2019). Just because two things happen concurrently does not mean that one caused the other. But hey, if the author need an excuse to rationalize his point of view, more stupidity to him.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
plenty of cult followers here. also plenty of people who just really like the truck.

haters gonna hate.

If anyone else made the 80s sci fi movie truck of my dreams for an affordable price today instead of 3 years from now I'd be all over it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People were skeptical Tesla would ever deliver the Cybertruck on day 1.

Tesla’s delay has only reinforced their bias.

The only thing which will shut some people up is actual deliveries in customer hands.

Then they will talk about how it didn’t live up to the hype. Or about how the battery pack is too small.

Just ignore the ICE trolls.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If anyone else made the 80s sci fi movie truck of my dreams for an affordable price today instead of 3 years from now I'd be all over it.
I’m not even that picky. If anyone had a truck with an honest 300 mile range which could off-road and was reasonably affordable, I’d buy it.

The sci fi looks I like but are optional.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I the supercharger network is a must have for me.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
What will Tesla do with Giga Texas then, or the $2b SS plant they had built for the CT supply contract? Just doesn't hold water....but I also don't doubt it had the desired effect to kick ICE into top gear.

The one doesn't negate the other, rather they are complimentary.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
People were skeptical Tesla would ever deliver the Cybertruck on day 1.

Tesla’s delay has only reinforced their bias.

The only thing which will shut some people up is actual deliveries in customer hands.

Then they will talk about how it didn’t live up to the hype. Or about how the battery pack is too small.

Just ignore the ICE trolls.
And we know these trolls will sing that tune ad nauseam, and then when the truck gets delivered, then they just come up with the next FUD to garner attention.

As said already, haters will hate.

BTW
I love the ignore button on this forum, I'e used it a couple of times. i.e. I see the replies 'why do you keep saying that !'

I've got NFI what was said. Its fantastic lol