John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
You guys are being ridiculous. Please stop making fun of Cybertruck, or it's going to get this crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now, if you guys just want to apologize like I know you're going to, maybe I can convince Cybertruck that you really didn't mean it...
We’re sorry.. as punishment, I will take delivery first so I can perform the arduous task of reporting the CT’s features. I am a giving individual.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
You guys are being ridiculous. Please stop making fun of Cybertruck, or it's going to get this crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now, if you guys just want to apologize like I know you're going to, maybe I can convince Cybertruck that you really didn't mean it...
It’s pretty thick skinned. It can handle being laughed at.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
The majority would be destroyed anyhow, in testing and tear downs. They get sent to each of the countries for inspection. The same thing they've been doing at Austin the last six months. Tesla also uses them for sales demo models, training, decoration...
https://driveteslacanada.ca/model-y...from-giga-texas-ceiling-for-all-to-see-video/https://driveteslacanada.ca/model-y...from-giga-texas-ceiling-for-all-to-see-video/

And that's not completed cars, that's just bodies stamped with a number. So many don't get finished - any with flaws, obviously, but validation pieces, too. Also, I don't think all 2000 had to be destroyed: Only if they don't get approval later. That's what the testing vin is for, anyhow.

-Crissa
Don't they have a Y hanging in the Austin Factory?
I doubt it is anything but a frame and body.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Does this look like a center console to anyone else?

1646085961069.png
That would extend past the peak of the roof. I am guessing but it looks to me that the length of the cover is greater than the distance from the vault to the peak of the roof.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Don't they have a Y hanging in the Austin Factory?
I doubt it is anything but a frame and body.
Yes! That's why I linked to it. That body would be stamped with one of the vins they were allowed to produce under that limited permit.

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Unlikely that they would engineer something completely different from what they are prototyping.
How so? You can see the painted steel b pillar in any image with the door open. So what does the dash attach to? You think there is a stainless steel exoskeleton there? What do you attach all the interior finish panels too? Will they weld a ton of tabs onto the stainless exoskeleton for attachments? When you pull up the frunk liner will you see the aluminum casting or will there be a stainless exoskeleton there. There is no difference slapping prismatic shapes on a body than molded ones. This truck will have a steel sub body that the stainless exoskeleton greatly increases the strength of. I think the steel inner body will be much simpler and lighter, but it will still be there.

JollyRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini-Cooper S Cab
Country flag
How so? You can see the painted steel b pillar in any image with the door open. So what does the dash attach to? You think there is a stainless steel exoskeleton there? What do you attach all the interior finish panels too? Will they weld a ton of tabs onto the stainless exoskeleton for attachments? When you pull up the frunk liner will you see the aluminum casting or will there be a stainless exoskeleton there. There is no difference slapping prismatic shapes on a body than molded ones. This truck will have a steel sub body that the stainless exoskeleton greatly increases the strength of. I think the steel inner body will be much simpler and lighter, but it will still be there.
Not sure if you meant to reply to my post. My point is that the prototype approximates the production version. The prototype is not a completely different design with completely different engineering. The prototype is likely to have a structural battery pack. The dash is likely to be attached like in production. Of course there is a structure attached to the inside of the exoskeleton - it is clearly depicted in all pictures of the bare frame. Front and rear "castings" could be milled from a block or otherwise be cobbled together from smaller pieces - Ideally making the prototype as similar to production as possible using available means.

ςyb3®tЯμ¢kℓ|gh†n!ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag
Yeah, more like the glass than the steel.

It could be! I don't know. That's what I would expect it to look like. But it could just be a protective coating. Or an illusion.

Whole thing sure is dusty.

-Crissa
If it's glossy like glass then this could be the solar panel tonneau prototype. If it's dust, then that could be a problem for when they have the solar panel tonneau because it needs to stay clean to recharge from the sunlight!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If it's glossy like glass then this could be the solar panel tonneau prototype. If it's dust, then that could be a problem for when they have the solar panel tonneau because it needs to stay clean to recharge from the sunlight!
Solar panels get dusty in the wild. It's just a thing you have to live with. (And carry a soft duster on a stick.) Prolly can use he onboard air pump to blow most of it off.

-Crissa
Sponsored