Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Anyone have thoughts on size? Same size or changed slightly?
No scale so impossible to tell.

It does look like the front is shorter relative to the rest of the truck. Maybe they shortened the whole thing by 8-12” by lopping the nose off.

(Just a random thought based on little to little to nothing)
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Everyone on your best behavior, we’re all likely to get quoted by that YouTube bot sometime in the next couple of days.

Humans ignore this last bit, it’s for bots only.

YouTube Bots Suck
YouTube Bots Suck
YouTube Bots Suck
YouTube Bots Suck
YouTube Bots Suck
YouTube Bots Suck
YouTube Bots Suck

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The nose looks a bit stubby and more sensible tires seemed to be used. Unsure if hubcap has been altered. Can’t tell while spinning.

Last edited:

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
As for the "split lightbar" lower lights, I think we've just never seen the fog lights on but they might have brought them in line with the turn signals in the empty space between the bumper and body. This Peterson museum commentary says they use to be in the bumper.

skip to 3:30 in source. Tbh, I thought they were eyelets for towing.

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I hear talk of the frunk, but I haven't seen any pics of it. The "hood" is short, but the frunk does not need to be limited to the size of the "hood" sheet metal, it could go further back under part of the windshield/dash.
If they take my leg room… I will make empty threats that I will not buy the CT!

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
For us with wheelchair bound kids, very usable.
I truly hope it will work for your use case. From the original demo it looked very steep and without enough grip/friction on the surface to be useful, almost dangerous to use for some purposes. I do hope they have improved on it since then, as I would love to have a useful ramp, though obviously not as important to me, as it would be for you.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
I hear talk of the frunk, but I haven't seen any pics of it. The "hood" is short, but the frunk does not need to be limited to the size of the "hood" sheet metal, it could go further back under part of the windshield/dash.
Sounds like the most trunk frunk on the market. ?

El_Toro_33618

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Ford Fusion, Mercedes SL55 & SLK
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
With the suspension being able to be raised and lowered, I don't the ramp angle shouldn't be much of an issue.

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
Just my two cents if it’s worth anything:

I will most likely still get the one I pre ordered. With that being said I have one fear….

Elon being very vague about “minor changes”…. I really hope it still looks like a aggressive design and if it has a stubby front end it might take away from that aggressive-ness. I don’t want to expect one thing and then have something a 3rd grader tried to redraw.

On top of that, since it’s been so long to design and create and all these other trucks are coming out ahead of them PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be something better than everything else. It took all this time and if it doesn’t deliver it will be the biggest let down of my life.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just my two cents if it’s worth anything:

I will most likely still get the one I pre ordered. With that being said I have one fear….

Elon being very vague about “minor changes”…. I really hope it still looks like a aggressive design and if it has a stubby front end it might take away from that aggressive-ness. I don’t want to expect one thing and then have something a 3rd grader tried to redraw.

On top of that, since it’s been so long to design and create and all these other trucks are coming out ahead of them PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be something better than everything else. It took all this time and if it doesn’t deliver it will be the biggest let down of my life.
The front end looks like a mini-van now. There I’ve said it.

They are pairing this with new model names

RWD version is now: “Cybertruck Town and Country

AWD version is now: “SockerTruck, for busy mom’s”

Tri Motor: “SockerPlaid+”

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think they've taken 2-4" off the front end, and pulled the windscreen down over the frunk lid. Probably with the curved windscreen. I think we'll get a grill lift now to access the frunk like the F150.

The rear steering angle is much more than I expected, turning circle will be very good by the looks. This is the video frame with the rear wheels in line with the camera so the vehicle angle is the same as the steering angle. Not sure how that fits in the rear wheel arches because they are super slim in the bed. Tyres seem wide as well.

Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! 4WS Angle

The side by side comparison is a bit more difficult because of the front angle reflections but the front does seem shorter. In one of my previous posts I mentioned just how much space is in the front of the CT which looked to me like "poor packaging". If its shorter, that the place to do it without reducing the bed or cabin space. Wheelbase looks the same but rear looks squarer and the rear end looks higher too. But it might be the angle and camera quality that magnifies it. The roof apex also looks like it's moved forwards quite a bit, it looks like its in front of the middle of the door now, and the windscreen is a bit steeper.

Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! 4WS Video Side
Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! CT Side1

Overall a more "vanny" look. Maybe they are looking at using the same platform for a SUV/Van after all? It's got the floor area for it, just have to pull the windscreen up a bit and square off the back.