sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
yolo'r
Country flag
This definitely has steer by wire like the lexus in this video.

aint no way they can go lock to lock that quickly.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Should we assume that 4WS is only for driving forward and not backing up? It didn't appear that the CT's back tires turned in reverse (unless the driver just didn't turn them enough).

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Should we assume that 4WS is only for driving forward and not backing up? It didn't appear that the CT's back tires turned in reverse (unless the driver just didn't turn them enough).
I hope that 4WS will have an automatic setting, and a manual control option. I watch a lot of "Matt's Offroad Recovery" on YouTube and his World's Largest Off-Road Wrecker demonstrates how often total manual control for his rear steering system comes in handy. I'm sure it will take some getting used to, but I think it'll be a game changer for trailer backing. I think of all the times I have to "pull up and come at it again" while backing a trailer, if I had control of the back wheels to edge myself over... Well... I won't say it'd never happen again, but it would cut down on it CONSIDERABLY.

And before anyone claims I don't know how to back a trailer, let me assure you, you're wrong. I've made a decent amount of money getting trailers into slots that others bet I couldn't (including a fire-fighting hook and ladder aerial truck 😉👨🏼‍🚒)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We've seen other videos - notably the one from the side repeater camera of another Tesla - showing it working in reverse.

-Crissa

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
RWS money shot

cybertruck rear wheel steering action.gif
We've seen other videos - notably the one from the side repeater camera of another Tesla - showing it working in reverse.

-Crissa
"Money shot" video shows it working in reverse. Maybe it was added after the initial post.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
So long that's not how you do your approaches on a runway!
Oh, I’ve had a few over the decades that just had to be restarted and done all over... Stuff happens. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored