MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
It’s not about horsepower. I think the only one talking about horsepower is you. It’s about the ability to deliver specific amounts of power to a specific patch of ground.

As I said above, I don’t think any of us will be able to tell the difference between quad motor and tri motor. But if we’re going to bang about an idea, it’s always best we’re all talking about the same thing.

If there were a choice between a tri motor with 1,500 HP and a quad motor with 1,000 HP, I think a fair number of people would take the quad motor truck because it delivers that HP 0.5% better under certain circumstances.

I don’t give a shit about that extra performance, just want to get people so they are on the same page.

100% me.
Sponsored

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Didn't "Cybertruck Insider" ( 🤣) also say in another video that for Semi, rather than having a tri-motor config as we currently understand it - that it would have 1 motor per axle?

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Well, this is actually bad news for me. 5 seats is a deal breaker.... Sucks to be a fan boy for 3 years to find out they won't have the 6th seat, my wife said she would make me stay home before one of the kids.
I'm kind of in the same boat here. I want something to replace my van but five seats isn't enough

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Didn't "Cybertruck Insider" ( 🤣) also say in another video that for Semi, rather than having a tri-motor config as we currently understand it - that it would have 1 motor per axle?
I don't know about his claim in particular, but others have said that as well.

Since tractor-trailers often have the two rear axles both drive axles, it makes sense. Probably three, special-built motors, instead of using the Model 3 motors.

-Crissa

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Was watching a video and something on the dash board caught my eye. You can see it through the a pillar window.

The dashboard is segmented into three parts.

Compartment ?

Storage for Baw?

Pop up solar panel for the front window shield?

Can't source materials big enough to do in one piece?

You decide.

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
Accessories are also something that differ from regular cars when it comes to trucks. It's customization heaven. Tesla knows this, it's no wonder they're working on it internally. I'd speculate:

-Interior color (black, white, brown)
-Tire packages (standard, performance, off-road)
-FSD

Then factory accessory kits like off road stuff (winches, etc), a camping set up, etc.
If I can't save up enough I will sell the cabin

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I don't know about his claim in particular, but others have said that as well.

Since tractor-trailers often have the two rear axles both drive axles, it makes sense. Probably three, special-built motors, instead of using the Model 3 motors.

-Crissa
It was in his second video that he uploaded prior to the CT video. Not worth posting here out of respect for everyone's time.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Ops, did I miss that? Why would

@Teslaconomics do that? I was "hoping" it was real.?? What is going on?
To be fair, I don’t think @teslaconomics said it was an actual photo

but to explain the view that it’s not legit:

first, makes no sense why that sort of trucking rig they’re sitting on would be used to either load or unload trucks - nor would there be any reason to use a box trailer.

second, there’s just the overall affect of the photo that has that certain uncanny valley sort of feel of the lighting sources, shadows, coloring, perspective, etc., not quite adding all up - the original picture didn’t include those thee CT’s up there

third, driving into details, certain details of the photo jump out more than others, but one good example - just look at the shading, placement, and distortions around this rear tire

Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] 2A277B5F-29AA-490D-A752-EEF49962E717

I could be wrong. But I personally would bet strong against it being a legit photo

EDIT TO ADD:

also check out all the shadows on the floor from the trailer, none of which correspond to the CT’s on the trailer. Eg the red arrow is the shadow of the jack post, and they yellow arrow is where the CT shadow should be but instead there’s a shadow of something that was on that trailer before the CT was dropped in

Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] C21A768C-4B94-46A3-B05A-71CF793E9178

Last edited:

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To be fair, I don’t think @teslaconomics said it was an actual photo

but to explain the view that it’s not legit:

first, makes no sense why that sort of trucking rig they’re sitting on would be used to either load or unload trucks - nor would there be any reason to use a box trailer.

second, there’s just the overall affect of the photo that has that certain uncanny valley sort of feel of the lighting sources, shadows, coloring, perspective, etc., not quite adding all up - the original picture didn’t include those thee CT’s up there

third, driving into details, certain details of the photo jump out more than others, but one good example - just look at the shading, placement, and distortions around this rear tire

2A277B5F-29AA-490D-A752-EEF49962E717.jpeg

I could be wrong. But I personally would bet strong against it being a legit photo

EDIT TO ADD:

also check out all the shadows on the floor from the trailer, none of which correspond to the CT’s on the trailer. Eg the red arrow is the shadow of the jack post, and they yellow arrow is where the CT shadow should be but instead there’s a shadow of something that was on that trailer before the CT was dropped in

C21A768C-4B94-46A3-B05A-71CF793E9178.jpeg
In a way I hope you are right. These guys on Twitter that are supposed to be authoritative should be accountable. If they are not, someone should call them out. In fact, anyone lying on Twitter should be in some sort of trouble (e.g., reputation and etc.). Worse, if they are lying about Tesla related issues, Elon is going to note it and not be impressed about it all. He spends a lot of time on Twitter. I am not sure how that would translate in real life, but they would not be making friends. I have been on Twitter for some time now and when it comes to Tesla, the community (I have been selecting) is very well known.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Those Cybertrucks are like 4 foot tall with 20” tires.

No they are not real Cybertrucks. It might be a real photo of some Cybertruck like thing, but it’s pretty obvious they are not actual Cybertrucks. If it was meant to be a convincing fake, the artist should have taken more time in art school learning about relative sizes.
Sponsored