Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Of course it does. That way you can sit in the frunk while itā€™s driving.

After hearing the complaints about removing the center front seat Tesla is releasing the 10 seat version. 2 in the frunk, 3 in the vault.
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
My funk needs no technology or mechanisms. Refried beans will be enough.

Last edited:

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Really wanted the four motor version. Proper torque vectoring would be a big plus.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I have a Tiffin Phaeton with a 8.9L diesel.. it gets about 8-8.5mpg towing a 5500lb Wrangler Sport. I don't think it really cares what it's towing (10k limit), it gets about the same MPG. I would assume if Tesla engineered the flat tow feature on the CT it would only engage the regenerative breaking in sync with the motorhome when you let off the accelerator pedal or while braking (which is exactly how its exhaust brake feature works on the motorhome and Standard setting on a Tesla). Everybody says it's not possible to flat tow a Tesla, but I have to imagine it's just an engineering problem that can be solved if there is enough demand for it (which I acknowledge there probably isn't). Why couldn't you put the Tesla in a flat tow mode that tells it to keep the motors cool and then via a wiring hardness gets data on when the motorhome is accelerating, coasting, braking, etc so it can engage the braking or not. Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but I'm sure flat towing is not impossible, it's just something that has to be figured out.
Yes, Tesla does some engineering. Just because something s not in the car/truck today doesnā€™t mean it wonā€™t be in it tomorrow or next week. They also engineer for things they think the majority of people will like and use. If they find out itā€™s not being used they get rid of it.
That reminds me of someone here mentioning sunroofs. I never use them yet they are in almost all cars. I mention it because other people said they donā€™t use them either.
Sorry I wondered away there for a minute. So flat towing could be a thing in the future if enough people would find it useful and use it. Much more likely if software could reconfigure the setup to allow it. By software I mean that Tesla doesnā€™t need to reengineer the hardware. I am not an engineer.

Miralf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900 turbo convertible and Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Do someone know if the rear window could be open ? Iā€™d like to put my dogs in the rearbed with vault closed

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Do someone know if the rear window could be open ? Iā€™d like to put my dogs in the rearbed with vault closed
As far as I know there are rumors it may but at this time it is speculation.

We most likely won't know till this summer.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
Use me for your second point. I have insider information from a friend whose girlfriend slept in a hotel adjacent to a Tesla showroom and is 100% certain it will come with no less than 4 tires.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Use me for your second point. I have insider information from a friend whose girlfriend slept in a hotel adjacent to a Tesla showroom and is 100% certain it will come with no less than 4 tires.
Not sure I am buying this.

Was it a Holiday Inn Express???

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
The frunk opening Lightning like was pretty obvious when looking at front end photos of the Beta truck.

Indeed several us called out the seemingly deliberate gap on both grill and hood.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hopefully it at least has the option for 5.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Really wanted the four motor version. Proper torque vectoring would be a big plus.

#MeToo

Feeling a 3.5T Rivian take a corner at 55 with a posted limit of 25 was amazing.
The 4.5T HEV is comically fast in a straight line so its not like more than 3 motors will be needed for me to melt tires and laugh. imagine a 3.25T canyon carving wedge from the future going up the PCH in Big Sur, Tail of the Dragon or the Million Dollar Highway into Ouray, CO without a care about the size or as much fear of the laws of physics šŸ˜‚

What I really hope does not happen is that Tesla announces the 2 first with indication of a 3 motor ā€œplaidā€ behind it. Ships that to me then drops a 4 motor. Resale in the 3 motor would be crushed IMO and I of course like a good sheep would buy the 4 anyway.
Sponsored