Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Admin updated video of Larry Ellison's comments on the Cybertruck:

"It's my favorite car; It's Elon Musk's favorite car. It's incredible. I know too much about it. Some of it is still to be disclosed."

At Cloud World conference in Las Vegas today, Oracle’s presentation showed an Oracle-powered police unit Cybertruck

Facts stop here, remainder is *educated* conjecture

Understanding this image is synthetic, it nonetheless may have required Tesla participation.

And, it’s probably more likely that the image displays hypothetical or one-off accessories.

BUT, what if these accessories are Easter eggs?

I’m certain the CyberTruck will have an accessory lightbar across the roof (on the exterior). They can’t not. And presumably it’ll look a lot like this one (absent light color options).

Wouldn’t a Bull/push bar like this seem to have been pretty spot on forTesla’s design language for the CT?

Tesla Cybertruck 🚨 Oracle Cybertruck Police Car Revealed by CEO Larry Ellison (Preview of Accessories?) -- Video Added 7C5F0B05-7843-4BBB-ACDB-2B77EB85BB98

Tesla Cybertruck 🚨 Oracle Cybertruck Police Car Revealed by CEO Larry Ellison (Preview of Accessories?) -- Video Added 8B0F064F-7D6B-48D9-A7A6-07A846BD5A56

contra: it appears to be missing the BAW, doesn’t have on its headlights, and missplaces lights in the bumper, and rear wheels appear offset way out past the fender flares.

If nothing else, I visual of - roughly - how the OEM light bar will look.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think the roof light bar will not be mounted on top of the apex, rather a little bit in front of the apex as to not add extra frontal area and change the airflow over the roof apex. Really, they should mount the light bar behind the windscreen to keep the airflow smooth. As a OEM accessory, I don't see a reason why they can't do an internal, behind the windscreen mounted light bar. Ideally, they'd integrate some different coloured LEDS for emergency vehicle lighting, like tow vehicles, fire trucks, or for mines and building sites etc.

For Australia, and even elsewhere I suppose, I'm thinking there would be a whole accessory product range just for firefighting vehicles. First one would be electric powered firefighting pump, then >1000L water tank in the bed, along with a remote high pressure head and vehicle irrigation systems would make this a firefighting beast. High agility access along small tracks, stainless heat reflecting exterior with good brush protection, dual cab but with enough bed space for gear, biofilter mode, and lack of ICE that can stall when driving through flame fronts are all great features for a fire vehicle. The other thing is that you could use the air suspension to do quick job changes by simply picking up whatever payload you need in the rear.

The only real "negative" is local charging infrastructure. Here the first thing that rocks up at a major fire is not just the water trucks, but also the fuel truck to keep everything going. But in saying that, as a first responder the CT would be awesome for most use cases. The other item is water use, but there's actually a interesting steam powered water pump that could be used that uses a fraction of the water by creating a very fine mist that suffocates the fire.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Really, they should mount the light bar behind the windscreen to keep the airflow smooth. As a OEM accessory, I don't see a reason why they can't do an internal, behind the windscreen mounted light bar.
*could* they have designed that in? Yes

But the design they *did* do instead, doesn’t permit of it. Headliner, sensor cluster, visors, etc., all in the way to reasulrnin anything clean and useful (at the right cogs).

otherwise agree EE above or below apex placement, all else equal

suppose it will also whether and how the lightbar attaches to the mounting points that are above the apex

Delivery event will show us all the accessory goodies at once

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
1000 liters of water alone , not including a tank. Pump or other apparatus weighs 2192 # alone. Out here , at least in Los Angeles, a full size fire truck holds 500 gallons of water which is plenty for a vehicle fire, unless its an BEV, 500 x 8.3# per gallon is 4172#.

Yes, water is heavy and what's worse is water in a tank thats not full or properly baffeled.

Rick

C3y3ber

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S 100D
Country flag
wondering how power would be run to the light bar on top or even the bumper. also wondering if a snowplow would work with the air flow needed. snowplow can cause overheating in a normal ICE set up also

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
wondering how power would be run to the light bar on top or even the bumper. also wondering if a snowplow would work with the air flow needed. snowplow can cause overheating in a normal ICE set up also
if only we could get a peek into those attachment points above the windshield

48v connector?

would be both considerate design, as well as create a decent moat for the accessories line (at least until aftermarket starts to provide 48v accessories to match)

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Added video of Larry Ellison's comments on the Cybertruck:

"It's my favorite car; It's Elon Musk's favorite car. It's incredible. I know too much about it. Some of it is still to be disclosed."

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Wake me when it rolls on stage

Edit: remember when ppl gave me đź’© for wanting a bull bar? Oh how the turn tables

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I too know all the CT things. I just can't tell you either

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I think the roof light bar will not be mounted on top of the apex, rather a little bit in front of the apex as to not add extra frontal area and change the airflow over the roof apex.
But, emergency lights have to be seen from the rear too. We often park on the shoulder and even the regular traffic lanes on incidents where traffic approaching from the rear needs to see our lights well in advance.
Sponsored