Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Inflation is cumulative, so year plus last year etc, but interest is paid back.

It's a bit like politicians, dumb doing dumber things based on previously dumb things other dumb people did etc. :p
I guess I’d suggest much of what we are experience isn’t inflation then.

Supply shortages will go away. Supply of cars will restore to normal. Dealer markup on cars and trucks will end. Very likely Tesla will have to bring down prices or introduce models underneath their price umbrella they’ve created.

Without these companies stockpiling half-built cars and assembly line stoppages, prices will soften.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Inflation has multiple causes but most are subject to currency.
Supply shortages are also due to the sensitivity of mass production and vertical integration dependency in a non-distributed system, that "needs" to have critical mass to be affordable, and payable with fiat currency. These are all co-dependant single point failure prone parts of an unsustainable system chain that can lead to cascading system failures.

Nature produces excess through systems that are diverse, independent, self reliant, self regulating and abundant that do not rely on single supply chains that can fail. Sustainability is the "capacity to endue". Legacy industry and manufacturing is mostly not compatible "if" fiat currency dictates the value added to resources. Central bank derived currency will simply skew the outcome unnaturally.

As for if shortages will reduce or not, it depends on the level of fear governments can dictate to moderate public dissonance against corporate governance so they can pump more fake currency into the economies. GFC 2.0 is well overdue simply because there is no value that can be leveraged against the level of debt that already exists. If anything, further systemic collapses are imminent given the state of world politics, actors and financial market sensitivities.

In the end, either way, supply shortages will go away as soon as we realise that we have had it to good for to long from borrowing from our collective futures through artificial unnatural systems of exploitation. It's time to pay up and give fiat back for good.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Musk has stated that unemployment in the Bay Area is “negative”. Everywhere I go I see signs for fast food and other businesses hiring *well above* minimum wage. Lots and lots of businesses having trouble keeping staffed up.

I think it’s hard to argue right now that employment is difficult to come by for anyone looking to work.

Now *inflation*… that’s a whole other question.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Many of these jobs are unde paid or under-hours... we need to get some decent worker's rights on 'on call' and scheduled time.

But yes, we are back above the labor participation rate trend of the last 20 years.

Tesla Cybertruck ? Quad Motor Cybertruck and Crab Walk (Independent Front & Rear Wheel Steering) Confirmed!! AB4A5539-B6EB-4107-9214-CD6AB276B5D3

https://jabberwocking.com/employment-in-the-united-states-is-pretty-strong/

And unemployment rates are low in most areas. The economy is strong - hence inflation.

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Musk has stated that unemployment in the Bay Area is “negative”. Everywhere I go I see signs for fast food and other businesses hiring *well above* minimum wage. Lots and lots of businesses having trouble keeping staffed up.

I think it’s hard to argue right now that employment is difficult to come by for anyone looking to work.

Now *inflation*… that’s a whole other question.
Knowing your McDonalds burger joint is paying good money is good taste. “We’re Hiring” signs are as much customer feels than “well above” minimum wage employment appeals.

By “negative” unemployment many Bay Area workers find more than one income producing job to justifiably afford a COL that is “well above” a minimum wage. Now inflation isn’t a question. It’s looking for another source of income and a scheme of sacrifice…anything but looking for employment well above minimum wage as if that has “any” relation to Bay Area COL or inflation that’s consuming the very definition of “well above”. That’s negative unemployment.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Knowing your McDonalds burger joint is paying good money is good taste. “We’re Hiring” signs are as much customer feels than “well above” minimum wage employment appeals.

By “negative” unemployment many Bay Area workers find more than one income producing job to justifiably afford a COL that is “well above” a minimum wage. Now inflation isn’t a question. It’s looking for another source of income and a scheme of sacrifice…anything but looking for employment well above minimum wage as if that has “any” relation to Bay Area COL or inflation that’s consuming the very definition of “well above”. That’s negative unemployment.
This is the problem with any employment data. “Employment” does not equal “Making enough money to make ends meet”.

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
A very easy way to help people "make ends meet" would be to lower taxes, all of them. The gov can tighten it's belt for all of America and do this without racking up debt, but politicians and bureaucracy...

Cyber8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3m/ f150
Occupation
Management
Country flag
Tighten its belt? Where?

-Crissa
Is that a serious question? You don't see an issue with where the government spending is currently? Current inflation and gas prices are most certainly due to an inept administration, not COVID, not Ukrainian being invaded but WH choices to what I believe purposely make people want to ask the goverme t to save them. All by design. Follow the money.
Sponsored